need instructions for mitsubishi blinking light repair

591 posts / 0 new
Last post
kbolecho
I have the blinking death

I have the blinking death light as well on my WS-55859. I had the 7 capacitors fixed and this did not fix the problem. I called Misubishi and was told the part was not available. So here I have a 6 year old TV that is a piece of c@#$ that I can't use. Never buy a Mitsubishi ever. Does anyone know how to get a hold of DM board @ a reasonable price. I had a Technician come out and tell me the bottom larger board is bad. what do I do. anybody need scrap parts. I've since bought a Samsung 650 series and mounted over the fireplace. incredible picture.
[email protected]

DAMNTV
I have the same problem my

I have the same problem my Mitsubishi TV DLP timer light keeps blinking. tride to un plug and also system reset but still not working. Can someone help? Please send how to repair. thanks.

Hanz
My WS-55613 just started

My WS-55613 just started doing the flashing led light non stop and wont turn off.

Larry,

Can you send me the instructions for the DM board repair?

Thanks

bobr
[email protected]

[email protected]
I now also have a lamp failure (not the lamp) I'm hoping this will also fix this problem.
Thanks you for your assistance to all of us who made the bad choice of buing a Mits tv.

Rspringer
Larry,

Larry,

Can you send me the blinking light fix for the Mitsubishi. I tried one fix that didn't work and am hoping that yours will do it.

Thanks

Randy

[email protected]

rupert maxwell
I have the Sony KP-51ws510

I have the Sony KP-51ws510 and need good, clear, identifiable photos of the solder side of the convergance IC's before any repair was done. I have to repair a board that was worked on and not sure if the pins were soldered to any surface mount components.

Thanks for your consideration and GOD Bless

[email protected]

rupert maxwell
I have the Sony KP-51ws510

I have the Sony KP-51ws510 and need good, clear, identifiable photos of the solder side of the circuit board showing the convergance IC pins soldered to the board and before any repair attempted. I have to repair a board that was worked on and not sure if the pins were soldered to any surface mount components.

Thanks for your consideration and GOD Bless

[email protected]

Rspringer
Larry,

Larry,

I got the info and went through the capacitor replacement and the blinking light now stops after about 40 seconds. After it stops blinking I turn on the set and after a few seconds I hear a click and it goes off again, never turning on the screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Randy

Larry Dillon
make sure all the plugs are

make sure all the plugs are in th correct place and be sure to check the small surface mounted fuses on the board.did you use the correct caps?

Rspringer
I have the right capacitors

I have the right capacitors and everything is plugged back in where it should be. Can the fuses be checked without replacing them?

Larry Dillon
install the DM without the

install the DM without the case first thetn if it it is all plugged into the bottom connetors and the light goes out after a minute or so unplug the set and reinstall th case back around th dM, I have seen many a times the DM not plugged in correctly even from experienced techs! Yes juat check the fuses for continuity they should check like a short.

david wood
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

trying again, i think there was a mix-up with my e-mail addy.

i have a Mitsubishi ws-55613, with the flashing green light, and am wondering if you could send me the instructions on how to fix the thing.

my email is [email protected]

it would be most appreciated,

tia,

PackRat2112

williamw
Larry-

Larry-
Could you please send repair instructions for a WS55813 to warvette71 AT hotmail.com? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Will

np9er
i am having the same problem

i am having the same problem with my ws-65813. can you also send me the instructions

np9er
larry could you please send

larry could you please send me repair instructions for my ws-65813 to [email protected]. thank you very much

adsldrew
Hi larry,

Hi larry,
could you please send the repair information for the blinking light for a WS-73909?
[email protected]

thank you!

jp6058
Wow I wish Iknew about this

Wow I wish Iknew about this problem before I bought this TV.  I also have a WS-55613 TV with the flashing green light.  If I could get the repair information I would greatly appreciate it.  [email protected]

Thanks. 

Rspringer
Here's my experience with the

Here's my experience with the blinking light fix. I replaced the capacitors twice, just to make sure that I got the right parts in. One of the contacts on the PC board came off so I had to make a modification to the board to make the connection but it still didn't work. The green light would blink for 45 seconds and go off but the TV still would not power on.

I called the service tech and within five minutes, he put the tester to it and knew exactly what it was. $475 later he replaced the convergence chip and all is well. He said replacing the caps was still a good idea since they would probably go eventually but if the caps are bad the blinking light never goes away so mine were probably ok.

I'm glad the tech to changed the convergence chip because even though he did it in about 90 minutes, seeing what he had to do to fix it would have taken me a lot longer and I probably would have wrecked something else in the process. Somebody with more experience and better tools could probably do a decent job of it.

He said I should be good for a few more years, by then I'll be ready for something new. Good luck on the repairs.

Edwaz
Larry, my tv is Mistu model

Larry, my tv is Mistu model WS-55859, and my email is [email protected]
I also have that blinking light problem, and I cannot get the TV to power on.

Thanks, Ed

david wood
Larry Dillon said: on their

Larry Dillon said: on their way ratpack

thanks larry,

just to let everyong know...  i ordered the caps @ the site larry suggested but, they are on back order there for a month.

might be able to order them somewhere else but i haven't tried yet.   btw they are cheap, like under a buck a pop.

Larry Dillon
http://search.digikey.com
sedallaspa
Cause he's a spoiled hater

Cause he's a spoiled hater and want's everything to work perfectly, probably can't figure anything out himself, has mental health problems, and probably a small pecker too. Don't let him get to ya, you rock Larry. Thanks for all the help on this site.

np9er
larry you sent me the

larry you sent me the mitsubishi service manual but i cannot download the attachment.... can you try sending me one that works

Larry Dillon
you nee to go to pando.com to

you nee to go to pando.com to download thw attachment.

gran3smo
Larry,

Larry,
I just got the ssame problem. Could I also have instructions on how to fix my WS-55813?
My email is [email protected]

gran3smo
Mine also started to go out

Mine also started to go out here and there before total malfunction.

DB Aitkins
Hey Larry, I could use the

Hey Larry, I could use the instructions for the WD-52525 Blinking timer light issue. I have the chassis out and the power board out. Awaiting your help... [email protected]

Denver Dan
Green blinking Timer light

Green blinking Timer light problem. My research indicates is the capacitor on the DM module. I have the WD-52725 model. Can you send instructions and where to buy new capacitor. I understand I need to remove the module to effect the repair.

Thanks Larry.
DAN
[email protected]

milt
Wow, looks like the same

Wow, looks like the same problem I am having. Any instructions appreciated in advance.

WD-62525 [email protected]

Denver Dan
Denver Dan said: Green

Denver Dan said: Green blinking Timer light problem. My research indicates is the capacitor on the DM module. I have the WD-52725 model. Can you send instructions and where to buy new capacitor. I understand I need to remove the module to effect the repair. Thanks Larry. DAN [email protected]

Larry, I did not receive the instructions.  Can I bother you to send again. Thanks. [email protected]

Dan 

Pages

Connect With Techlore