3 Blinks for A Panasonic tv

98 posts / 0 new
Last post
debiowa
3 Blinks for A Panasonic tv

My husband is helping a friend to determine what is wrong with their Panasonic T.V. The model number is PT-47WX42F. You turn it on, and nothing, the red light blinks 3 times. Anyone no what the 3 blinks are? Thanks

Labman
I've a panasonic PT-47WX35G

I've a panasonic PT-47WX35G that did the exact same thing, the 3 blinks indicate that you have a convergance issue, usually fixed by replacing the convergance IC's. Mine was fixed  just the other day, I probably could have done it myself, but ended up having a service tech do it. Total cost of 387.00. The parts were 100.00, I could have saved the additional money, but having never done it before I didn't want to totally screw up my TV. After watch exactly what was done I can do it myself should it happen again though!

Good Luck.

debiowa
Thanks for the info, I will

Thanks for the info, I will pass it along to our friends

Larry Dillon
Yes labman is correct when he

Yes labman is correct when he says the convergence IC's need to be replaced. You have to make sure you use only the manufacturer replacement part and not some second rate or  aftermarket convergence IC's. All IC's are not alike, even if they have the same part numbers on them. The IC's you need are the STK392-110, and you can get the original replacement IC's  from HERE. You will also have to get whats called heat sink compound to put onto the backs of the new IC's before you install them, or the new IC's will fail prematurely. And last of all, triple check all of your soldering work, as the slightest solder splash can blow out the power supply. If at first, after you replace the convergence IC's, and I think this will also be your case, you will have to find a bad pico fuse, sometimes located on the same board that the IC's are located or could also be located in the power supply board. You really should get a service manual so not only will you have the way the set comes apart, and to trace voltages, but also you can easily see how the screen comes out, so after you repair the TV set, you can clean the lens and mirrors. I happen to have a copy of that model number, so if you leave an e-mail address I will forward you a copy of it. Good Luck with the repair. And let us know how it turns out for you.

debiowa
Yes please do at dtresten

Yes please do at [email protected].. Thanks so much.

System (not verified)
Larry Dillon said: Yes labman

Larry Dillon said: Yes labman is correct when he says the convergence IC's need to be replaced. You have to make sure you use only the manufacturer replacement part and not some second rate or  aftermarket convergence IC's. All IC's are not alike, even if they have the same part numbers on them. The IC's you need are the STK392-110, and you can get the original replacement IC's  from HERE. You will also have to get whats called heat sink compound to put onto the backs of the new IC's before you install them, or the new IC's will fail prematurely. And last of all, triple check all of your soldering work, as the slightest solder splash can blow out the power supply. If at first, after you replace the convergence IC's, and I think this will also be your case, you will have to find a bad pico fuse, sometimes located on the same board that the IC's are located or could also be located in the power supply board. You really should get a service manual so not only will you have the way the set comes apart, and to trace voltages, but also you can easily see how the screen comes out, so after you repair the TV set, you can clean the lens and mirrors. I happen to have a copy of that model number, so if you leave an e-mail address I will forward you a copy of it. Good Luck with the repair. And let us know how it turns out for you.

please send me the service manual as well.  I'm having the same problem.  [email protected]  Thanks!

lindaida
I'm having similar issues

I'm having similar issues with a Toshiba. Is there an online spot where I can get the manuals? Thanks.

AVFD
Having the same problem with

Having the same problem with the same TV...

It comes on for a few seconds - no sound, no picture - then goes off and the light blinks 3 times.  Could it be anything else besides the convergance issue?  Is that hard to fix ourselves?

Don't have $600 for a new DECENT SIZE TV, or $300+ to have someone fix it.

Larry Dillon
It certainly sounds like you

It certainly sounds like you need to change the convergence IC's. Thats the first option. It is not hard to change these IC's but you will need to make sure you know how to solder and work on printed circuit boards. These are not simply plug and play as well. Sometimes, or shall I say most of the time, there are pico fuse or resistors that may burn up or blow out when these IC's go bad. You should get the service manual and look through it and see if you want to try and tackle this. You will need to get the proper IC's and install new heat sink compound on the backs of the IC's before installing them. Then when you are finished installing the new IC's and the set still has a problem, you will need to follow the schematic diagram and trace out the bad resistors and the bad pico fuse. This is not a job for the novice really unless you have a good technical ability and know-how. Good Luck

Loric
hello,

hello,

I was wondering if anyone could email me the service manual for the panasonic.  I am having this problem and would really appreciate it.  Thank you.

Loric
the model number is PT

the model number is PT-47WX42F.  thanks so much for any help you can give.Laughing

lindaida
I was able to get the service

I was able to get the service manual for my Toshiba, however I do not believe that the IC chips are the problem. When I was given the TV I was told that the lights blinked and no sound or picture. I was told recently that when it finally quit, there was sound but no picture. I have already replaced the conv. IC's and still no improvement. I do not get a blinking power light, only a solid light. I can hear the power relay's click, but no sound or picture. After reading may other posts, I checked to see if the guns were glowing at all, and I cannot see any activity. I'm assuming at this point that my problem lies on the power board and not the video board. Any suggestions? Thanks.

lindaida
Model number for previous

Model number for previous post is 43H70.

Larry Dillon
bkoch, look for a fuse

bkoch, look for a fuse labeled F860 and see if that is blown. If it is, look at the two larger capacitors on the power supply board marked on the board as, C809 and C810. Look on the bottom of the capacitors where they are soldered to the board. Make sure there are no bad solder connections on the pins. If they are, re-solder them and replace the fuse. Good Luck

Larry Dillon
Loric, I do have that service

Loric, I do have that service manual but I do not have an e-mail address to send it to.

lindaida
Is the F860 a fusable

Is the F860 a fusable resistor? The main power fuse which is a standard fuse near where the AC comes into the board is good. I've not checked for a cold joint on those 2 caps, however I do have them as suspect in my notes from other posts. I'll check them and let ya know. Thanks.

lisalisa0804

Larry Dillon said: Yes labman is correct when he says the convergence IC's need to be replaced. You have to make sure you use only the manufacturer replacement part and not some second rate or  aftermarket convergence IC's. All IC's are not alike, even if they have the same part numbers on them. The IC's you need are the STK392-110, and you can get the original replacement IC's  from HERE. You will also have to get whats called heat sink compound to put onto the backs of the new IC's before you install them, or the new IC's will fail prematurely. And last of all, triple check all of your soldering work, as the slightest solder splash can blow out the power supply. If at first, after you replace the convergence IC's, and I think this will also be your case, you will have to find a bad pico fuse, sometimes located on the same board that the IC's are located or could also be located in the power supply board. You really should get a service manual so not only will you have the way the set comes apart, and to trace voltages, but also you can easily see how the screen comes out, so after you repair the TV set, you can clean the lens and mirrors. I happen to have a copy of that model number, so if you leave an e-mail address I will forward you a copy of it. Good Luck with the repair. And let us know how it turns out for you.

lisalisa0804
I would like the manual sent

I would like the manual sent to me, please forward the manual to [email protected]

Thanks

lisalisa0804

You say, you also have to get heak sink compound. Where do you get this from?

Larry Dillon
You can get the heat sink

You can get the heat sink compound from Radio Shack or somewhere like that. Do NOT use silicon as some salespeople will try and tell you it is the same thing. It should say heat compound on the tube.

lisalisa0804
lisalisa0804 said: Larry

lisalisa0804 said:

E-mail address is [email protected]. Can i please have the manual as well. Thanks

lisalisa0804
Larry Dillon said: You can

Larry Dillon said: You can get the heat sink compound from Radio Shack or somewhere like that. Do NOT use silicon as some salespeople will try and tell you it is the same thing. It should say heat compound on the tube.

Thank you for that info. I greatly appreciat it. I would love a copy of the manual so when my husband goes to replace the ic's and use the heat sink compound he can see the manual. He is very good at doing things. Pictures show alot.

Loric
Hey all,

Hey all,

we replaced the convergences and have the tv working but when we try to align the convergences we cannot get the blue to align.  when we try to adjust the crosses to match, the blue ones only move at an angle instead of right, left, up and down therefore they will not line up.  The picture now has blue shadows around everything.  any suggestions?  thanks so much.

Loric

zapdbf
if you are saying the the

if you are saying the the digital adjustment only moves in angles, then you need to check for a solder bridge on the ic.

Loric
what is a solder bridge?  we

what is a solder bridge?  we are novices at this.  thanks so much.

Loric

zapdbf
it is solder bridging two

it is solder bridging two pins , run an exacto knife between the pins of the stk ic's to make sure you did not bridge them.

System (not verified)
I changed the convergence IC

I changed the convergence IC's on my Panasonic PT47WX42F after getting 3 blinks on the front LED.  Now I get one blink on the LED and it says in the service manual that to check the +140 circuit, but I'm not sure where to start on that.  Any suggestions?  Thanks....

Larry Dillon
Make sure you have not

Make sure you have not shorted out any pins on the IC's you changed or caused whats called any solder bridges between connections while you were doing the work on the IC's.

AustinS
I, too, am having this

I, too, am having this problem with the IC's on the Model No. PT47WX42F If anyone would be so kind as to send me the service manual to this T.V I would be very much obliged. Thanks!

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Will have this out to you

Will have this out to you ASAP. Good Luck!

j006mmy
anybody have a service manule

anybody have a service manule for a rca 52w19byx1 please e-mail it to [email protected] thanks send me your address and i will pay you for it thanks again

Pages

Connect With Techlore