Sony KP-46WT500 Convergence Repair

457 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Jessie you need to take off

Jessie you need to take off the front screen to gain access to the mirror and the three lens use a very sot cloth like a dry shammy cloth do not spray the glass cleaner directly onto these surfaces spray on the cloth then wipe them dry with the dry part of the shammy.
Larry Dillon.

jr5050jr
Thanks Larry i will do that

Thanks Larry i will do that tonight and see if that makes a difference.

I appreciate your help.

Jose.

jr5050jr
Hey Larry, what a big

Hey Larry, what a big difference. My TV is now back to how I remember it. The image is GREAT. after replacing the IC's, two Pico Fuses and cleaning the three lense all is working great.

Thank you again, your help was very much appreciated.

Jose.

Kingsblue
Hi Larry.

Hi Larry.
I have a set with this same problem. I am a technician but haven't fixed many of these Sonys with convergence problem. I have replaced the ICs and checked all the pico fuses and it still has the same issue. I followed most of this post but haven't found anything so far that I have missed. I'm working without a schematic and am coming up short. Could you please send me the schematic so I can check everything? Any input you have would be greatly appreciated.

Shawn

Larry Dillon
i bet you did not check the

i bet you did not check the two 5 amp pico fuses on the g board
Larry Dillon

jimmynic21
Have a KP65WS510 that the

Have a KP65WS510 that the convergence went out of whack. Just got my D board back from being refurbished (for the 2nd time. I sent it back the first time because after I received it NONE of the colors could be adjusted) and the tech said he can't find anything wrong with my board. The tech mentioned I might have an issue with my power supply board. Does anybody know what points I need measured or have any ideas on how I can get this fixed? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Kingsblue
Actually I did Larry.... that

Actually I did Larry.... that was the last thing I did. I can test those in circuit right? I mean both of them.. they should read good individually in circuit..

Larry Dillon said:

i bet you did not check the two 5 amp pico fuses on the g board
Larry Dillon

Kingsblue
Sorry Larry, that was a dumb

Sorry Larry, that was a dumb question. The 5 amp picos wouldn't be in parallel with each other or anything else. Long day. I downloaded the Service Manual for this set off your website. Hopefully that will help.
If you have a different schematic I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks.
Shawn
[email protected]

Kingsblue
Jimmy,

Jimmy,
Check the 5A pico fuses on the power supply board.

Larry, I got mine fixed. My issue was because of a surface mount resistor that had come off during the removal of the convergence IC's. (It was dark and I was cramped behind the TV). Anyway, I used your service manual to confirm the value of the surface mount resistor and got it replaced.
This site is great.
Thanks.
Shawn

Larry Dillon
Very common fault with some

Very common fault with some of these Sony sets when changing the convergence ic's

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK IC'S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made IC'S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!go to Larry Dillon.

Larry Dillon
doug nope not a or b board

doug nope not a or b board problem if one of the two 5 amp fuses were bad change the convergence ic's
The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK IC'S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made IC'S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!go to Larry Dillon.

TxSquash
Larry,... I already replaced

Larry,... I already replaced the Sanyo STK's plus all the picos. Do you think I need to replace them again. So I've got new STK and new picos installed, where else can I look for the problem.
Thanks
Doug

TxSquash
Larry, any reply to my

Larry, any reply to my comment
"Larry,... I already replaced the Sanyo STK's plus all the picos. Do you think I need to replace them again. So I've got new STK and new picos installed, where else can I look for the problem."
Thanks
Doug

TxSquash
Larry, any reply to my

Larry, any reply to my comment
"Larry,... I already replaced the Sanyo STK's plus all the picos. Do you think I need to replace them again. So I've got new STK and new picos installed, where else can I look for the problem."
Thanks
Doug

Larry Dillon
did you check the two pico

did you check the two pico fuses on the G board? if the ic's are not getting warm these are overlooked a lot chck and see if the two convergence are getting warm?Pico fuses on the 'g' board
Larry D.

TxSquash
Larry, I have rechecked the

Larry, I have rechecked the 5A picos on G bd., their good.  I can't check the new STK's to see if their getting warm because the set turns off immediately after I turn it on.  I am getting 6 flashes on the code light,(Please see earlier post).

The manual says
"Self-Diagnosis Function Operation
OCP Low B and +B line detect DET SHORT, and shut-down POWER ON RELAY.
 Reset by turning power on/off.  In case of +B is loaded approx. 1.5A or more, microcomputer detects it via IC5005.
OVP In case of +B becomes approx. 150V or more, POWER ON RELAY shuts down and microcomputer detects it via IC5005.
 Reset by turning power on/off just the same as OCP.
Low B Occurs when set +5V is out

I did not replace any resistors, do you think one or more of those could be bad?  Where do I look, on the G or D board. This sees like a short/overload problem, hopefully not major. If I can just find it!  

Bear with me, and many thanks for your help.

NicNyfiken
Hi I have only blue

Hi I have only blue convergence problems with my sony kp-41s3
Is it the same problem solution as Brian 17 had?

I noticed that it's also recommended to have the service manual for this repair. I am wondering if anyone has the manual that they can send to me. Larry, I'm hoping you may have one.

nic.nyfiken at hotmaildotcom
Thanks for your help!

NicNyfiken
Hi I have only blue

Hi I have only blue Convergence problem in my sony kp-41s3
Is it the same as Brian 17 had?

Missing Service manual for this repair. I am wondering if anyone has the manual that they can send to me. Larry, I'm hoping you may have one.

My email is nic.nyfiken at hotmail.com (@ spamfilter)

mariogarli
can you send me the service

can you send me the service manual of KP-46WT500, BLINK 7 times.

mariogarli
please, can you send me the

please, can you send me the service manual of KP-46WT500,this t.v blink 7 times.

Larry Dillon
that manual is available on

that manual is available on this sites technicians corner click on the resources tab on the home page

lil mike
hello all. i have a sony kp

hello all. i have a sony kp-46wt510 and im trying diagnose my convergence issue. my problem is just in the red convergence. it is set to the right. at first i could adjust it manually. but know i can only move it up and down. not left or right. i have checked my pico fuses on g board and they seem to check fine. i have removed the d board and am trying to find circuit q8038. i found q8035 and in has continuity. i also have checked my resistors under heat sinks. all seem to check fine. do i have to remove all of them to check or can i check them in the board? i was hoping someone could send me a service/ repair manual for this model or if the manual for a kp-46wt500 would work. any help would be appreciated. if you can get the manual send it via email to [email protected] i am going to order the convergence kit from tvrepairkits.com but i wanted to make sure i didnt need anything else before i ordered it.

gmfoley
Larry could you please e-mail

Larry could you please e-mail a copy of service manual KP46WT500 ( I need d board wiring diagram) to [email protected]. Thank you.

Question99
I have a Sony Projector TV,

I have a Sony Projector TV, Model KP46WT500. I purchased the TV in 2003. Oct 2009 the TV picture stopped lining up. It was bent with rainbow colors. Service people replaced two "IC" (part number STK392-560). TV worked fine until Aug 2, 2010. Picture has gone out again, it appears to be the same problem. Is there a defect that I should be concerned about?

jkmrichey
Does anyone have the manual

Does anyone have the manual for a 2003 Sony KP-53HS30? I am starting the process of fixing my tv and the manual would be a great start?

m
I was wondering if anyone

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a very confusing issue with a kp-46wt500.. It was given to me when the convergence went out and since then I've replaced both convergence ICs and a pico fuse on the G board.... the first time I powered it up, the picture was perfect for about a minute, then went back to being un-converged for a few minutes.. then decided to work for hours until I shut it off... the next week I used the set a number of times, usually it did about the same thing, but would have horizontal static-lines across the screen and would make a crackling or static like noise somewhere on the D board while the screen went between being converged and un-converged... now it wont converge at all unless I unplug the set while it's on for a few minutes then plug it back in (dont ask how i figured that out), then once it does converge it stays that way until I turn it off... While it is not converged, the heatsink on the left IC (from the rear of the set) remains cold while the right heats up, so I imagine that one isn't functioning correctly... I've checked fuses and solder joints and cant seem to find an issue. I don't know where to look next, so any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

johnblund
Larry could you please e-mail

Larry could you please e-mail a copy of service manual KP41S3
or any similar KP....
I have Blue convergence problem
(I need d board wiring diagram)
to [email protected]. Thank you.

m
Ok, mine went to completely

Ok, mine went to completely broken again.. I'm getting 41.7 volts from the G board instead of 22 now and convergence is buggin out.. Guess this thread is kinda dead tho..

RWJ
Larry, could you please send

Larry, could you please send me the manual for a Sony KP-46WT500? I have the convergence issue with my TV. Thanks for your Help.

Pages

Connect With Techlore