Help! on Mitsubishi screen tv (model WS-B55)

80 posts / 0 new
Last post
Frank717
Help! on Mitsubishi screen tv (model WS-B55)

My tv just went off, there is a bliking green light when I first plug it in, but tv won't turn on. there is no picture, I tried reseting it. What could be the problem. (please help)

Larry Dillon
Could be many things my

Could be many things my friend.  How much solid state repair knowledge do you have?

timmythegeek
My tv just went off, there is

My tv just went off, there is a bliking green light when I first plug it in, but tv won't turn on. there is no picture, I tried reseting it. What could be the problem.

Larry Dillon
You could have seven

You could have seven capacitors that need replacing inside the DM module. If you leave an e-mail address, I will send you the service manual as well as photos on how to repair this problem,

timmythegeek
i got the service manual

i got the service manual today .the parts list is what i need . did you upgrade the caps .thanks timmy

Larry Dillon
Use the part numbers I gave

Use the part numbers I gave you in the repair document. Mitsubishi does not give you a schematic or a parts list for the DM.

timmythegeek
i did not recieve the

i did not recieve the document ,i got the service manual off a site and have not recieved your email ,if you can send it to [email protected],thanks and also is their other problems i should know about on this model mitsubishi ws b55 the green light blinks continously.Thank you again ,timmy

snikes72
Timmy, did this work for you.

Timmy, did this work for you. I have the same problem. I'm going to replace the 7 capacitors as soon as i can get replacements. Where did you buy yours?
Thanks
Mike

timmythegeek
i need the parts list .i

i need the parts list .i haven't recieved it yet i know there are a couple of places on the net like www.mouser.com and www.electronix.com i have not done this yetplan to this weekend. do you have the parts list?if so could you send it to me? I believe it will work .but i dont know if the caps have been upgraded thats the only thing . thanks

timmythegeek
oh snikes72 do you have the

oh snikes72 do you have the service manual if not let me know .i have it its got the schematic and part #s. thanks timmy

snikes72
Timmy, I have the service

Timmy, I have the service manual, which actually has the part numbers on them....page 67, should be C9B01-B03 and C9B13-14, B17-18. I'd like to see his instructions if you got those from Larry. I've taken my tv apart already and have the DM module out, just like to make sure I'm in the right location....I've seen on other forums that you can replace with parts from Radio Shack and they work just fine...
Mike

timmythegeek
yep thats who i was going to

yep thats who i was going to get them from RS or Mouser they are down the street from me .Larry has not emailed me yet still waiting if not I'll replace them with the same type.i cant find the site that has the 25v upgraded from 16v so that why i need for him to let me know .and the numbers are what i have on page 67. so dont use the 25v yet till you or i hear from him or by saturday im going to do it with the 16v .thanks

Larry Dillon
You should not use the Radio

You should not use the Radio Shack capacitors as they are not the 105 C type they are not the high temp caps. Use these http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=140-HTRL16V1000-RC%

snikes72
Great thanks for the info...

Great thanks for the info....unfortunately no matching at Radio Shack anyway, so I ordered from Parts Express....got high temp ones, total order $5.83 for 10.....hopefully I'll have them in a couple of days. If you find out anything about using the 25v instead please let me know. I figure the current caps lasted 5 years, if I can squeeze another couple years out of them, I'll be set...thanks. Keep me posted and I'll do the same once I get mine replaced.
Mike

timmythegeek
thanks Larry, i got them

thanks Larry, i got them today from mouser.I will keep you updated it will be saturday or sunday when i do it so talk to ya afterwards. thanks timmy

Larry Dillon
The 25 volt caps are larger

The 25 volt caps are larger and I have found that they do not all fit into the small space.

timmythegeek
absolutly awesome it started

absolutly awesome it started blinking for about 60 sec when i plug it in . then i used the remote to turn it on and it works. thank larry im back in tv land thanks alot ,timmy

Larry Dillon
Great news man! Saved

Great news man! Saved yourself tons of bucks!

snikes72
Yeah, I was not so fortunate.

Yeah, I was not so fortunate...replaced caps, put back together...no spark...looks like LCD tv for me....seems I must have another issue.....thanks for your help though.

timmythegeek
hey snikes72 try sears parts

hey snikes72 try sears parts store they have the ws-55511 dm board for $55.00 you might want to try it or compare it.did you put the caps in the right way ?

DouglasL
I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem with my WS-B55. Can you send me service manual as well as photos on how to repair this problem. Thanks Send it to [email protected]

jediaggie
Larry, I've got the same

Larry, I've got the same problem. Already have the manual--could you please send instructions and photos? Thanks!

[email protected]

tito0237
I am experiencing the same

I am experiencing the same problem with my Mitsubishi WS-B55. Can someone send me the service manual and any information that will help resolve this problem. My email address is [email protected]. Thank you!

celica33
Larry, I've got the same

Larry, I've got the same problem. i dont have the ,anual or anything any more could you please send me the service manual as well as photos on how to repair this problem?

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
sent to you slready earlier

sent to you slready earlier this evening.

joe123
Larry, Same here also. Green

Larry, Same here also. Green blinking blues then nothing. Can you include me in your E- mail information.
[email protected]

M Davis
I need the manual for the WS

I need the manual for the WS-N55 Mitsubishi because the green light and I believe the convergence is bad. Thanks for your help.

Carl Collins
I AM HAVING THE PROBLEM OF MY

I AM HAVING THE PROBLEM OF MY RE-SET LIGHT IS BLINKING BUT I CAN;T GET THE TV TO RESET . COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME THE MANUAL ON THE WS B55. I SURE WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

CARL COLLINS 1635 DEVIN DR NEW BRAUNFELS TX. 78130

[email protected]

jkasbee
i came across this post while

i came across this post while searching how to fix my tv . i have the same problem that everyone else had was wondering if anyone still had the diagrams and schematics and service manuals for this tv. if anyone can help please email me i would appriciate it [email protected] i could really use anyones help to fix this problem times are tuff and cant go out and buy a new set at this time i have a mits model ws-b55 thanks again

jkasbee
i found this post while

i found this post while looking for ways to fix my mits ws-b55 tv i get the green light for a sec then nothing i am looking for anyone who might still have service manuals schematics pictures or anything that might help me fix my tv set i see that many people have had this problem some were able to fix there unit some were not as lucky i am looking for any help right now times are extremely tuff and i can not just go out and get a new set if anyone has any information please email me at [email protected] i would also like information on anywere else i could look for information or even part numbers to get a price thank you for your time

Carl Collins
I AM HAVING THE PROBLEM OF MY

I AM HAVING THE PROBLEM OF MY RE-SET LIGHT IS BLINKING BUT I CAN;T GET THE TV TO RESET . COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME THE MANUAL ON THE WS B55. I SURE WOULD APPRECIATE IT.

CARL COLLINS 1635 DEVIN DR NEW BRAUNFELS TX. 78130

[email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore