Help! on Mitsubishi screen tv (model WS-B55)

80 posts / 0 new
Last post
jkasbee
i came across this post while

i came across this post while searching how to fix my tv . i have the same problem that everyone else had was wondering if anyone still had the diagrams and schematics and service manuals for this tv. if anyone can help please email me i would appriciate it [email protected] i could really use anyones help to fix this problem times are tuff and cant go out and buy a new set at this time i have a mits model ws-b55 thanks again

jkasbee
i found this post while

i found this post while looking for ways to fix my mits ws-b55 tv i get the green light for a sec then nothing i am looking for anyone who might still have service manuals schematics pictures or anything that might help me fix my tv set i see that many people have had this problem some were able to fix there unit some were not as lucky i am looking for any help right now times are extremely tuff and i can not just go out and get a new set if anyone has any information please email me at [email protected] i would also like information on anywere else i could look for information or even part numbers to get a price thank you for your time

Rachl
My dad (a repairman) has this

My dad (a repairman) has this same set with the same problems - could I trouble someone to send the same documents to me? He's getting along in age and this TV is giving him fits (no schematic) - I would be very very grateful.

rachaelgibb (at-@) yahoo.com

take out everything in the parenthesis and any spaces and replace it with just an @. (Privacy protected from internet trolls).

THANK YOU!!!

rujonesN87
Larry, or anyone, I also

Larry, or anyone, I also have the same problem. I've removed the board and none of the caps or fuses look bad. I wasn't sure which 7 caps where the ones you mentioned could need replacing. Could you please send me the repair document or any advice?
My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks!

PerryB
Please help me. I have the

Please help me. I have the Mitsi WS-B55 as well with the blinking light. I was told to replace the caps with 35v. I have bought them and now do not know what to do. Could someone PLEASE email me the PICS and directions to replace so I can enjoy my tv again? When I turn it on it just keeps blinking.

Nollins
I'm joining the request list!

I'm joining the request list! I have the WS-B55 also doing the same as what everyone else is talking about. Can someone please send me the fix, diagrams etc too please! It would help so much! Thank you.
[email protected]

buellrj
i have a ws-b55 that wont

i have a ws-b55 that wont turn on and has no blinking light could you send me some info thanks for your help my email is [email protected]

manmademan
i also have the ws-b55 and

i also have the ws-b55 and need the instruction's and pics its also doing the blinking light thing with no sound or pic you can email me at [email protected]

Dave DAly
I have the same issue as

I have the same issue as everyone else is experiencing. Here's a little more though...We had the green blinking light when we came back from vacation. I attempted to look for a solution and found all sorts of posts about replacing the caps. We left it unplugged for about a week and when I plugged it back in, it worked up until about a week ago. That was almost a year. I did take the front panel off and thought that maybe something was loose there. Now I am reading that this appears to be a Problem with alot of the WS -B55 models.

I just finished taking the back off and taking the DM board out and saw the 7 capacitors. They look fine. No bulge on any of them. I scratched my head. Should I go ahead and replace them anyways? I am not scared of doing it, just want to make sure there is no other issue I should look at besides the replacing of the caps. Thanks for your help. If you have the service manual for my Model WS-B55 I would be grateful if you sent it to me.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Larry Dillon
yes you should get the seven

yes you should get the seven caps and replace them before the unavailable DM board goes bad!! BUT DO NOT USE RADIO SHACK CAPACITORS!!!!!They are not the high
temp. types and will blow up your TV set in a matter of months Good Luck Go here to find the right capacitors you need: http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=140-HTRL16V1000-RC%09 or try http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=P13119-ND

Dave DAly
Thanks for your help Larry.

Thanks for your help Larry. Here are the pics I took of my TV when I took the back off. I tried my best to take good pics of the Capacitors.

Thanks Larry for your quick response. I hope this can shed some light on my current dimlema.

Larry Dillon
Just because they do not look

Just because they do not look bad does not mean they are good. replace them all all those larger ones on the Dm Daughter board

Dave DAly
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
Just because they do not look bad does not mean they are good. replace them all all those larger ones on the Dm Daughter board

Should I get larger ones as suggested on a lot of tech forums? Their recommendation is 25V 1000uF 105C I know that I will have compensate for the larger size of them, I just want to make sure that they would not effect anything. Thanks again for the help.

Larry Dillon
NO THE VOLTAGE THERE IS ONLY

NO THE VOLTAGE THERE IS ONLY 6 volts! no need for 25 volt as they will not fit!Use the 16 volt@105 C ones that I sent the link for.

jah711
I have a similar problem but

I have a similar problem but my ws-b55 in not even turning on, and has no blinking green light. What could this be.

Larry Dillon
Look inside the side of the

Look inside the side of the cabinet and look where the small pico fuses are located and test them all for continuity, IF YOU FIND A BAD OR OPEN ONE Do NOT replace it without letting mr know what fuse number it is, as these fuse do not blow for no good reason, and I have seen sets have other major problems when someone did not listen and replaced the bad fuse.

chuck 1977
I have a mitsubishi WS-B55

I have a mitsubishi WS-B55 big screen like mentioned above with the same problem.Could i get the pictures and manual from you please so i can fix it too?The wind blew the electric pole down.I lost power for awhile and green light flashes and rest won't work.Thanks Chuck.

Larry Dillon
wherecan I send them to Chuck

wherecan I send them to Chuck, E-Mail!???

Larry Dillon
where can I send them to

where can I send them to Chuck, E-Mail!???

chuck 1977
Larry thanks for the quick

Larry thanks for the quick reply.My email is [email protected] Any photos or manuals or anything to help me is greatly appreciated.Thank you very much Chuck.

Rachl
Same problem (still) and

Same problem (still) and would appreciate an email, too, if possible - it's for my dad who is trying to fix his with no diagram, manual, etc.

My yahoo address is rachael (and then an underscore) 9667 at yahoo, of course.

Thanks in advance!

buellrj
i have a wsb-55 that wouldnt

i have a wsb-55 that wouldnt turn on i reset it and it turned on once and light blinked then never turned back on i replaced all seven capicators and just checked all the fuses would really like some help on this when you plug it in you can hear it charge up but when you hit power button you get no response thanks

Dave DAly
Well, I order the caps from

Well, I order the caps from mouser from the link you send me. I replaced all 7 of them today. I looked at the ones I replaced and they looked to be fine, but I don't have a lot of experience with this type of equipment. I connected everything, I triple checked each cap that I soldered back in to make sure I didn't reverse any of them. Connections are all good.....but I still get the blinking light and no response.

What else can I check? Do you think I damaged the board? I understand PC components...any suggestions would be helpful. I was trying to avoid a repair bill or buying a new TV. Thanks....

I was hopeful...but alas...i was disappointed it didn't work. Thanks for all you help so far....too bad it didn't fix the problem. 

Mike Denruiter
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi HDTV model WS-B55 about 5 1/2 years old and it worked Friday night when we went to bed and Saturday morning woke up and it would not turn on no picture or audio, just the green led turns on for about 4 or 5 seconds and shuts off. I have tried resetting is a few times as well as disconnecting if from power and other components and nothing has helped the led blinks for about a minute and nothing. I also double checked that all the front buttons were not stuck down, which they were not. I have soldering experience and from reading the other post it appears that the capacitors on the DM board could be bad, I just want to confirm this is the same issue other people are seeing. If you could also forward me any and all information to my email [email protected] that would be great as well as any other tips on replacement and thing to look for.

m2guevara
Hi - I've got the same

Hi - I've got the same problem. Can I add my name to the request list for the pics, directions and the manual.

[email protected]

Thx so much

Ric R.
Larry, I've read all of the

Larry, I've read all of the problems and instructions for the WS-B55 TV. I have the same green blinking light issue. Could you please send me the manual and any instructions for repairing it? Please email them to [email protected]

Ben Randall
I have a WS-B55 that NOW has

I have a WS-B55 that NOW has the bglod. Here is what happened:
It worked fine one night, and the next night it would not turn on. It had exactly the same symptoms as Mr. Denruiter's tv. It would come on and power up and then turn off. If I turned it on enough times, the red lamp would briefly flash before it went off. So, called the GEEK SQUAD. When Randy came out (we're good friends now - he's been here five times) the tv turned on but the picture was fractured into multicolored and sparsely distributed

Ben Randall
I have a WS-B55 that NOW has

I have a WS-B55 that NOW has the bglod. Here is what happened:
It worked fine one night, and the next night it would not turn on. It had exactly the same symptoms as Mr. Denruiter's tv. It would come on and power up and then turn off. If I turned it on enough times, the red lamp would briefly flash before it went off. So, called the GEEK SQUAD. When Randy came out (we're good friends now - he's been here five times) the tv turned on but the picture was fractured into multicolored and sparsely distributed "snow" with a couple of bent horizontal lines at the bottom. The sound worked. Strange that it acted differently in front of the tech, but... So, Randy says: "It's the board!" (The one on the right as you look at the back of the tv with the high voltage stuff on it. So, he orders a new board and when it comes in, he comes back and installs it. This time, the tv will power up but turns itself off immediately, just like before. So, Randy says: "It's the other board!" (The one on the left this time.) So, he orders a board and when it arrives he installs it and.... nothing the tv acts the same. It will power up, but won't stay on. Error codes throughout this little project are either 23 or 24. So, I deduce: "It's the jungle board!" I order one from Best Buy, but they really don't have them in stock like they say they do. So, I look elsewhere and find out there are two part numbers. I go to look at the board in my tv to see if there is a part number on it. The board is not plugged in. Seems like Randy missed that step. So, I plug it in. Now, I have the bglod. So, I deduce: "It's the capacitors on the DM board!" I order them, I replace them. Nothing. No change, same bglod. Anybody got a clue of what's wrong with this tv? It's got two new boards and new capacitors and it still won't work. (and yes, I did check the fuses on the DM board. They're good.) Thanks!

Larry Dillon
the dm is most likely bad if

the dm is most likely bad if you replaced the caps and still have the blinking light at plug in. but if the set does start up but then shuts right off most likely it is bad convergence ic,s The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK IC'S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made IC'S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon.
http://www.fixya.com/support/r3342653-convergence_fix

Ben Randall
The set does not start up.

The set does not start up. Is there a test to determine if the DM is bad?

Pages

Connect With Techlore