Need Service manual for WD-62525

85 posts / 0 new
Last post
jweldon
Need Service manual for WD-62525

I have a Mitsubishi WD-62525 that lost its optical engine and digital board.  It also needs a ballast replaced, but i can not find the service manual that i paid for a year ago.  Can someone send me one.

Also does anyone know a of place that i can obtain the parts needed for the repair to this unit?

Much thanks in advance!

James

Larry Dillon
Wow!  You need the optical

Wow!  You need the optical engine and the digital DM board.  It would be less expensive to by a new set my friend.  Are these parts missing from the TV set.  I do have a service manual, but I do not know where to send it to you at, as you did not leave your e-mail address and my magic crystal ball is in the shop for repairs.  Laughing

DEPCS
oh sorry.

oh sorry.

[email protected]

the parts are not missing from the tv they are still in there.  Why are they repairable?

I did buy a new set, but this is a project and i would like to possibly pump life back into it.

Do you have a method in which to obtain these parts?

jim

Larry Dillon
What is the symptoms that the

What is the symptoms that the set has? Does the green light flash and there is no picture or sound? Who told you the DM and the light engine was bad?

MOtvGuy
Unless you're an authorized

Unless you're an authorized Mits service center you won't be able to purchase a DM board from Mits.

DM board part orders to mits require an authorization number obtained from Mits techline. No #, no board.

BTW, you're talking about a serious investment into that set.  IIRC, the engine is easily around $600-800.  The DM, if you could get it, is probably another $250-300 and the ballast at $50-75.

Sounds like you're trying to shotgun this thing.  

cjaime
I also have this same TV and

I also have this same TV and I need the service manual if it is possible. My picture is very dark in dark scenes and I was hoping it just needs minor adjustment. Any ideas anyone?

DEPCS
cjaime said: I also have this

cjaime said: I also have this same TV and I need the service manual if it is possible. My picture is very dark in dark scenes and I was hoping it just needs minor adjustment. Any ideas anyone?

Try replacing the bulb.  Sounds like it is going out.  buy a good one.  200-300.

cjaime
jweldon said: cjaime said:

jweldon said:

cjaime said: I also have this same TV and I need the service manual if it is possible. My picture is very dark in dark scenes and I was hoping it just needs minor adjustment. Any ideas anyone?

Try replacing the bulb.  Sounds like it is going out.  buy a good one.  200-300.

Is a "good one" from Mitsubishi or could you recommend some where else I should buy.

Larry Dillon
Leave an e-mail address and I

Leave an e-mail address and I will send you a copy of the factory service manual.

cjaime
[email protected]

[email protected]

thanks very much!

Larry Dillon
cjamie, I have sent out the

cjamie, I have sent out the service manual as well as the documents that you should need to troubleshoot and repair your TV set. If you do not know how to solder, play it safe and let a pro assist you in the capacitor replacement. Good Luck

cjaime
Larry,

Larry,

so do you think that my problem is with the caps or the lamp?

Thanks very much for all your help!

Larry Dillon
I really doubt it is the caps

I really doubt it is the caps. most likely the lamp.

Guest (not verified)
Larry Dillon said: Leave an e

Larry Dillon said: Leave an e-mail address and I will send you a copy of the factory service manual.

Hi. I hope you wouldn't mind sending me a copy of the service manual also. I would really appreciate it. My email address is [email protected]. I have some issues with my DLP also. Many Thanks JBG

getoutmom
Hello....
Hello....
I am having trouble on the same TV but a different issue.  I think there is dust on the "mirrors" because there is random dust like spots on the screen.  I tried following directions from the store where I purchased it.  I was told to remove the speaker cover and unscrew a few screws to remove the screen so that I have access the mirors behind the screen.  I removed 2 panels...one to the light and the other i thought was the mirrors. I used canned air to blow the dust out and  it got worse.  So I think I am right about the dust but  I am scared to undo the wrong screw!!  Does someone have the service manual?....If so can I have it?  It would be a tremendous help!....
Thanks in advance!
instag8r67
getoutmom
P.S.    My E-mail is

P.S.    My E-mail is [email protected]

ravitis
We have this same tv(wd-62525

We have this same tv(wd-62525).  We noticed that the picture had become very dim so following advice from almost everyone we replaced the lamp.  It made no difference, which at $300 was an expensive experiment.  We finally called an authorized Mit repair tech who said he had no idea what the problem was, that he had never heard of cleaning the mirrors.  More money down the drain.  Cleaning the mirrors ourselves will be our next attempt.  Larry, would you please send the service manual to me also?  Thanks in advance

MOtvGuy
unfortunately you've probably

unfortunately you've probably got a dirty light engine.

There aren't many light engines out there today that are real conducive to being stripped down and the optics cleaned. Regardless of the brand, the procedure is time consuming and works only part of the time and sometimes, the results can leave you with worse than what you had. Mitsubishi is one brand that is not a very good candidate for that sort of cleaning. Since you have no knowledge of electronics there's no point in even beginning to try that.

BTW, there's nothing in a Mitsubishi service manual on tearing down an optical engine.  For a novice, just getting the engine out will be an undertaking.  

zapdbf
I second what MOtvGuy says,

I second what MOtvGuy says, Dust is a terrible problem in all the projection types. Usually the only proper fix is to replace the light engine until we the tech's can convince our shops to put in a clean room. :)

zapdbf
BTW, our parts guy said that

BTW, our parts guy said that pts is in the future, or now offering a light engine cleaning service.

Larry Dillon
I have to agree with the

I have to agree with the other two, cleaning a light engine is a very complex thing to do, and they do not show this procedure in the factory service manual. The only thing to do is swap out the light engine. This is also no light undertaking, as a lot of these light engines take  several alignments when installing them. Good Luck

getoutmom
Hello Everyone!....

Hello Everyone!....

I think I solved my problem!.....FYI...My problem was "dust like" specks on the screen. They never moved with the change in the picture.  I removed the cover on the front of the TV and the two covers behind it.  One was for the bulb and the other...I dont know..."access" to something.  I assumed it was the "mirrors".  Then I used canned air to dust the area that I thought the problem was and it got worse.  Well I did it again! AND...again....and the "dust" FINALLY went away!!!

Anyway...hope this helps someone else!

OH....I did put the bulb cover on the last time and left the other cover off so that the TV would come on and I could see more of what I needed to "dust" because ot the light inside.

Thanks for your responses...GOOD LUCK!

jnesci
Hi Larry I found this thread

Hi Larry I found this thread that is more like the TV I am working on for friends they have the WD-52525 I am assuming as in the past it is the same TV just a smaller screen then the WD-62525. They have replaced the lamp after the last one failed and now the TV will not come on. You can hear the fans startup but the lamp never starts I have check the connection of the lamp and see no problem. One thing I have been having trouble with is getting the set open enough to check some voltages so hopping that that will be in the service manual. If you have the service manual you can email me at [email protected]. I have been checking out many of the treads on TechLore.com, I have to say you are a busy man thanks for all your help from all of us and keep up the good work. Frank G.

sqwkvfr
I am trying to repair my

I am trying to repair my WD62525 dm module. I replaced 3 of the 4 bad caps but still have the blinking green light when plugged in. After pressing the reset button the blinking stops but when I attempt to turn on the set the red led starts to flash. Is there any place that I can get a service manual for the set in order to ensure that I reassembled every thing properly? Any Ideas?

Thanks Rubin

rweldon
Larry Dillon said: cjamie, I

Larry Dillon said: cjamie, I have sent out the service manual as well as the documents that you should need to troubleshoot and repair your TV set. If you do not know how to solder, play it safe and let a pro assist you in the capacitor replacement. Good Luck

I sold my WD62725 on craigslist and it stopped working for the buyer after a month.  I am trying to help him.  I have replaced the four 1000mfd with 35 volt/105 C.  We still get the flashing green lamp forever.  I can test voltages and solder like a pro.  I am now aware of more caps that should be changed (3300mfd/10v ?).

Can the the error codes be read on this set when blinking light and no power?

Could someone pretty-please email me the service manual?

(yes, the set was sold "as is" for $900, and worked great for me.)

Thanks!   

Aztecan
My Dad's WD62525 went out a

My Dad's WD62525 went out a week ago, acted like the bulb died, green blinking status light then a solid red lamp light. I replaced the bulb for him (for Father's Day) turned it on and the same thing happened....
Looking thrugh the vent above the filter I see the bulb light for a few seconds then go black after power up.
Larry, could you send me the service info for this set and a helpful nudge in the right direction. ( [email protected] )
Reading on the forum about capacitors, ballasts and fuses, just wondering where to begin, last tv I worked on was an analog CRT type. Time to break out the Oscope and multimeter....

TUGBOAT1
Hey larry do you have a copy

Hey larry do you have a copy of the service manual for a ws-65813 ? mine is about five years old and has never had the mirrors or lens cleaned, and my picture looks a little dull or hazy ! so im thinking it's dust? i cant tell how the screen comes out and i dont want to break anything. thanks ! my email is [email protected]

SLaw
I too am having WD-62525

I too am having WD-62525 problems, though I'm hoping it's just the lamp fan. After turning the set on, I start hearing the fan noise (coming from the lamp area of the set) get increasingly louder until the screen goes dark. At that point, I get 1 long and 3 short red blinks on the status light. Pressing the device + menu buttons yielded an error code of 37.

Larry, would you send me a copy of the service manual for this set? My email address is [email protected]. Thanks very much in advance!

DebiVO
I have a Mit WD-62525 that

I have a Mit WD-62525 that just broke last night. It began with a "noisy" signal, then seemed unable to sync the signal, and finally cannot receive a signal at all. It says "that the RGBHV or YPrPb inputs my be invalid" and has a snowy white circle in the middle of the blue screen. Have you ever seen anything like this?

Would please send me a copy of the service manual so that I might investigate it?
Thank you. [email protected]

petro31
larry, would you happen to

larry, would you happen to have the manual for a mits wt-42413. I would gratly appreciate it. My tv powers up and then turns off 2-3 sec later.

Thanks

[email protected]

sterno
Larry Dillon said: Wow!  You

Larry Dillon said: Wow!  You need the optical engine and the digital DM board.  It would be less expensive to by a new set my friend.  Are these parts missing from the TV set.  I do have a service manual, but I do not know where to send it to you at, as you did not leave your e-mail address and my magic crystal ball is in the shop for repairs.  Laughing

Hello Larry,

I saw your post regarding the service manual for a mitsubishi wd-62525 DLP.  I am experiencing the dreaded blinking green light and have read some posts about replacing caps on some of the boards.   I was wondering if you have any other insight into this problem and if you would be so kind to send me a copy of the service manual at [email protected]

Thanks in advance,

steve

Pages

Connect With Techlore