samsung hdtv 1080i picture problem

66 posts / 0 new
Last post
Scottdn012000
samsung hdtv 1080i picture problem

My TV looks like 3D or a double picture.  I can see what looks like a red dotted line across the top of the picture.  The TV was not moved or shifted.  It just changed.  I called SAMSUNG and was not told a thing because the TV is no longer covered by the warranty.  Can anyone help.

morrig
Scott have recently purchased

Scott have recently purchased uk model(wich I am getting replaced because of power up proplems)and at night have noticed a series of white dashes from the left to half way across screen,to my knowledge these are text scan lines,I find them not to much of a problem,an issue that can usually be resolved by using other source.CoolAlso it might be image burn wich might go away?or pixels that are stiky,try slightly damp rag and gently press across were problem area,hope Ive been of some help.

Larry Dillon
Scott, what is the model

Scott, what is the model number and maybe I can help you.  It sounds like you have a convergence problem.  The Main comvergence amp board will need to be replaced or the amp IC's weill most likely need to be repalced, if the board is no longer available.

billbb
I saw this post and the

I saw this post and the answers and think I may be having the same problem.

I have a 2003 Samsung HDTV 1080i 42" wide screen. There was smoke and when I opened the back, RZ144 and RZ145 fried on the CG Amp PCB.  Is this the Convergence Amp PCB mentioned by Dillon?

A local Electronics shop gave me a best estimate of the resistors values and I replaced them but the colors seem a little off with a yellow moon shape line across the top and bottom. When I do auto focus, it looks crystal clear as its doing its little self test, but when the picture comes back its off.

Where can I find a new CG Amp board, does anyone know the values of the resistors? The ones I put in were 90 ohm.

Larry Dillon
Cibabo, What is the complete

Cibabo, What is the complete model number of this TV set?  A resistor will usually not burn or go bad for no reason, so replacing a burnt resistor is not a good idea without finding the cause, as I know the cause for these resistors to burn are the convergence amp IC's that are shorted.  By the way, those resistors are 3.9 ohm, two watt flame proof. They are the ground returns for ICZ104, but both IC's should be replaced as a pair.  good Luck and get back with us. 

billbb
Larry Dillon said: Cibabo,

Larry Dillon said: Cibabo, What is the complete model number of this TV set?  A resistor will usually not burn or go bad for no reason, so replacing a burnt resistor is not a good idea without finding the cause, as I know the cause for these resistors to burn are the convergence amp IC's that are shorted.  By the way, those resistors are 3.9 ohm, two watt flame proof. They are the ground returns for ICZ104, but both IC's should be replaced as a pair.  good Luck and get back with us. 

Greetings,

The Samsung TV Model # is HCN4226W (HCN4226WX/XAA).

Thanks for the resistor information, and you are correct in that the IC's should be replaced too.

I went to Samsungparts.com and the STK IC's were like $63 each; they had the entire board assembly for $96.65, so I went with that. The Assy PCB Misc-CG-Amp was part number BP94-00155A. I got the overnight delivery and installed the board this afternoon. The TV is fully operational again. Thanks

Larry Dillon
Great, Glad to hear it worked

Great, Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Papa G
 Larry Dillon said: Great,

Larry Dillon said: Great, Glad to hear it worked out for you.

Hello Larry,

Maybe you, or someone else could help me with an issue. I have the same TV The Samsung TV Model is HCN4226W (HCN4226WX/XAA). We use this TV for video games only. Yesterday the TV was on for about 8 Hours straight. Today we tried to turn it on and the red ring on the power button on the TV usually goes green but it never did and the TV screen remained black. We did hear the little jingle you hear when you power up or down the TV. I would really like some assistance with this if you would be so kind . Has anyone had this problem? Please Help

Thank You 

Larry Dillon
Most likely convergence IC's.

Most likely convergence IC's. You will need to pull the power leads off of the convergence board and see if the set fiires up. If you do not know what I mean by this, play it safe and call in a pro to assist you with this repair. Good Luck

Papa G
Larry Dillon said: Most

Larry Dillon said: Most likely convergence IC's. You will need to pull the power leads off of the convergence board and see if the set fiires up. If you do not know what I mean by this, play it safe and call in a pro to assist you with this repair. Good Luck

ok so I need to purchase a convergence IC and do what Cibabo did?

Papa G
Papa G said: Larry Dillon

Papa G said:

Larry Dillon said: Most likely convergence IC's. You will need to pull the power leads off of the convergence board and see if the set fiires up. If you do not know what I mean by this, play it safe and call in a pro to assist you with this repair. Good Luck

ok so I need to purchase a convergence IC and do what Cibabo did?

Is the convergence IC part the "video amp"? Im trying to order it on the samsung website Cibabo referenced.

Thank You

aleander
i have this same tv the

i have this same tv the hcn4226w and it had the problem were the ic's had burned out i could unplug the power to the board and it would fire so i ordered some new stk's from ebay haha they were cheap. i put them in and the tv wont turn on i checked the power connect to the board the =20 and the ground light up the meter doing a continuity test if the resistors burn out wich ones burn out or what is your opinion on this matter do you think i bought crap or do you think i bought crap that will work but might die and i have another problem?

Mark286
I have a Samsung 545R HDTV

I have a Samsung 545R HDTV 1080i.
Im having a similar problem with the red shift being out of alignment.
It's happened a few times but after awhile goes back to normal picture. Is this a convergence board going bad? If so is this something I can fix myself? Also where can I pick-up a convergence board at a low cost?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Mark286
I have a Samsung 545R HDTV

I have a Samsung 545R HDTV 1080i.
Im having a similar problem with the red shift being out of alignment.
It's happened a few times but after awhile goes back to normal picture. Is this a convergence board going bad? If so is this something I can fix myself? Also where can I pick-up a convergence board at a low cost?
Thanks in advance for the help.

Nannuu
i have a samsung 1080 HDTV

i have a samsung 1080 HDTV the timer was set on it now the timer stays on and it can not be turned on, What do i do?

Nannuu
I have a samsung 1080 HDTV.

I have a samsung 1080 HDTV. the timer was set on it and now it can not be turned on, so how do i change the timer setting with no power?

Larry Dillon
Mark, resolder the

Mark, resolder the convergence iC's before they go bad!, hopeful it is not too late to do this.

Larry Dillon
It is not the timer light

It is not the timer light flashing, there is a fault in the set. probably th convergence board is bad. go to www.samsungparts.com, enter your model number and find your boar for your set. Good luck!

Mark286
It's too late I think, it

It's too late I think, it stays out of alignment red all the time now. I did open the back of the TV and know where the board and 2 IC's are located. My ? is can a person just get the whole board with the IC's so its just plug and play install? If so where would I find this board and approx how much would that complete board cost with IC's. If not where could I find a new board and new Ic's so I could at that point solder the new IC's onto the new board. Then I would just need to take out the old board and install the new complete board.

Larry Dillon
I really doubt if you replace

I really doubt if you replace the board it would be completely plug-n-play!, there will be some onscreen menu alighnment I am sure of. Go to,samsungparts.com, enter your model number and find the enter your model number of your set and make sure you order whats called the sub board with the IC's mounted on it. or yo can take your board out and send it to PTScorp.com for rebulding.

Mark286
I thought about that after I

I thought about that after I typed the post.
With It being a New board it would be adjusted properly and not truely be plug and play.
Thanks I'll try those two websites a try. Id be happier and more confident if someone that has some experience soldering and or rebuilding does the work instead of an amature like me. I would probably screw something else up in the process.
Thanks

Mark286
Looks like for the PCL 5415R

Looks like for the PCL 5415R the sub board with Ic's are no longer available so I guess I will contact PTScorp and go from there.
Thanks

shep113
Mark286 said: Looks like for

Mark286 said: Looks like for the PCL 5415R the sub board with Ic's are no longer available so I guess I will contact PTScorp and go from there. Thanks

Hi All, new to site, with the help of this site i just fixed my samsung pcl-5415R, I found the sub board at www.partstore.com, AA95-01846d  http://www.partstore.com/Part/Samsung/Samsung/AA9501846D/New.aspx Works GREAT!

Make sure its the same as yours. Thanks to all (GREAT WEBSITE!)

Mark286
Shep113

Shep113
Was that the complete board including the 2 IC's?
Thanks

Larry Dillon
That is the complete board

That is the complete board including the IC's. I forgot i have used it before.

Mark286
Great so was it just

Great so was it just basically plug and play? Or waqs there some adjustments that were needed for the picture to be perfect?
Thanks

shep113
Mark286 said: Great so was it

Mark286 said: Great so was it just basically plug and play? Or waqs there some adjustments that were needed for the picture to be perfect? Thanks

You have to do manual convergence adjustments with service manual, I havent figerd out how to get back perfict focus yet? but I got my tv to at least  95% i'll bet

I really dont need the perfict focus but i'd like to get the job done right!

http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/13654/samsung-HCL4715W/?page=2 Check out this forum, Different tv but same setup same board , Check out member (BassKozz) He posted great photos and larry dillon and other members were a big help too. GREAT READING, This is how i learned!

Mark286
Just trying to find out all I

Just trying to find out all I can before I attempt the switch.
So when installing the new board you lost the perfect focus function?
So since the PF function didnt work you had to do a manual focus/convergence correct?
If a person still had the PF function after the new board install would they still need to do the manual focus or would the PF do the job correctly?
Thanks

shep113
you are most likely going to

you are most likely going to loose pf I see everyone does, Do you have the manual? you can download it freehttp://www.techlore.com/download/21289/Samsung-PCL-HCL-ST-Models/ and read up on it,you will have to do the manual convergence. if you can get your convergence right then it tells you to run pf before closing service mode, then it will activate pf and you will have it back! I havent had any luck yet,

Larry Dillon
you will most likely have to

you will most likely have to "touch -up" the ends or maybe the sides of the convergen grid to make the three colors converge, there has never been a board or iC's I have replace and everything was perfact, follow the alighnment to the letter.

Mark286
Reading through the manual on

Reading through the manual on the manual convergence adjustment and Im thinking WOW. I can replace the board no problem but the adjustment I dont think I will attempt. Looks like if you dont follow to the T or your remote doesnt work just right you will really jack the picture up bad to maybe worse than what it was before.
$85 for the board and IC's is great and would save me some$$ since I can install it myself but Im thinking even if it cost $100 to program correctly then that I will probably go that route.
Thanks guys

Pages

Connect With Techlore