samsung hdtv 1080i picture problem

66 posts / 0 new
Last post
shep113
Im not good at following

Im not good at following directions at all! but when the tv ripair guy wanted $450 to fix it I am very happy with what i have now! I'll help all I can! If I can? I messed mine up a couple times BUT was able to go back in and redo it! If you want, maby you can change the part and have someone come out and adjust it for you, they may not like it tho!
Do you have your orignal remote? if you dont, get one from partstore, when you order your part!

Mark286
I actually do have the

I actually do have the orignial remote.
Thats what I was kinda hinting at to change the part out myself and have them come out to adjust the screen pic. The price should be too bad but if it's $200 just to adjust then Id probably try to do it myself.
Maybe when I get the part installed I can PM you with my Phone# and if Im having trouble you can maybe walk me through it or kinda give me pointers. If not PM's work fine if your not too busy.
Thanks for the help this site is really great with peeps willing to help out if they can.

shep113
Mark286 said: I actually do

Mark286 said: I actually do have the orignial remote. Thats what I was kinda hinting at to change the part out myself and have them come out to adjust the screen pic. The price should be too bad but if it's $200 just to adjust then Id probably try to do it myself. Maybe when I get the part installed I can PM you with my Phone# and if Im having trouble you can maybe walk me through it or kinda give me pointers. If not PM's work fine if your not too busy. Thanks for the help this site is really great with peeps willing to help out if they can.

To check private messages, make sure your logged in, look at your logon picture on top right, and click on messages!  

shep113
Larry Dillon said: you will

Larry Dillon said: you will most likely have to "touch -up" the ends or maybe the sides of the convergen grid to make the three colors converge, there has never been a board or iC's I have replace and everything was perfact, follow the alighnment to the letter.

Thanks larry, Thats what i need to do! I haven't followed the alighnment to the letter yet!

pepe
Hi. I have a question which I

Hi. I have a question which I am having great difficulty finding an answer to. I have a 1080i with a convergence problem also.The model stated on the back of the set is hcm4216w which doesn't show a match for the part number I have(bp94-00155a). I took the board out and it looks exactly like the one I have seen pictured that is associated with that part # . Is this the correct part # for my set? Thanks, Paul.

Mark286
PAUL

PAUL
I was able to bring up a list of items for your TV on www.partstore.com but I had to first look it up by Maker Samsung then type in HCM4216W. The first part on that list may be what your looking for if your having convergence problems but your better off to ask someone here to make sure.

shep113
Paul P, I'm not a tv repair

Paul P, I'm not a tv repair guy, but im fixing a set for a friend,(hcn4226w)Same Parts as yours! I  installed (bp94-00155a) in the set, it did fix part of the problem,Ghosting, color shadows, bowting at top and bottom, this set also had colored sqiggly lines in it, This board did NOT fix the lines! check out the photos i posted in this forum.This is after I replaced the board! http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/24333/Samsung-HCN4226w-Color-Squigg... I might have screwed up! If you see lines like these you may need (bp95-00142e) read what it says in the discription, if you dont have these lines you should be good, check out the place (Mark286) recomended and you will see both boards, http://www.partstore.com/Model/Samsung/Samsung/HCM4216W.aspx 

Maby the lines dont have anything to do with the board? I just dident want you to make the same mistake i did, partstore.com said i have the right board, they both look the same! i'm wondering?

I am trying to find the answer, maby ill just have to order the other board?

P.S. cuda just told me he thinks the board is not the problem!

pepe
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It has been helpful. The only problem I am having right now is the red is off. I am getting the half moon image on the top and bottom and some double imaging with the red. Hopefully this board will fix the problem. I will post again when I put the board in. Paul.

BandM
Hi,

Hi,
We have a Samsung, Model: LA26R71BDX/XSA
All of a sudden we got these vertical pixle lines through the screen. When we press the 'Text/Mix' Button the screen splits in half, now only half of the screen has the red lines and the other half has a clear picture.

We have looked in the manual and everything and just dont know how to get rid of these red lines!

Does any one know how to get rid of these????

Larry Dillon
You could have a bad screen

You could have a bad screen or display driver circuit could or could be a be a connection problem between the two? Hard call without first having it diagnosed by an LCD qualified tech and is mostly the panel and/or board replacement.

Linda O.
Hi Larry! Can you please

Hi Larry! Can you please help? We have the Samsung 1080i model # HCP4363wx/xA8. Similar to the posts above, we are having 3D issues with our picture. Can you please tell me (in elementary terms) what I am looking for to correct this problem?

Thanks!!

Linda O.
Larry Dillon said: You could

Larry Dillon said: You could have a bad screen or display driver circuit could or could be a be a connection problem between the two? Hard call without first having it diagnosed by an LCD qualified tech and is mostly the panel and/or board replacement.

Larry - will you please see my post on 11/13/08 regarding Samsung 3D image help and tell me what to do?

mjv
Larry,

Larry,
I have a Samsung 1080I and model # HCM4215W when i turn on the TV there is a red screen and in a matter of 5 sec. it turns of. Can you help?

mjv
Larry I hav a Samsung 1080I

Larry I hav a Samsung 1080I Medel number HCM4215W. When I turn it on ther screen is red and in a matter of 5 sec it will tun off picture and sound. What could this be?

Ja-Ahago
I have a similar problem with

I have a similar problem with my 1080i. It just went dead now while I was tying to play DVD. Perhaps this s a convergence board problem too? I have never opened the back of this thing, so can someone help me find where convergence board is so I can pull off the power leads?

Ja-Ahago

JERSAIN GALINDO
I HAVE A SAMSUNG TV HDTV1080I

I HAVE A SAMSUNG TV HDTV1080I AND NOT BEEN ABLE TO REPAIR AN WHY ARE THE PEOPLE around blue TARGET IS OR WHERE IS THE PROBLEM

Larry Dillon
JERSAIN GALINDO, What are you

JERSAIN GALINDO, What are you saying to me?

JERSAIN GALINDO
EN ESPAÑOL TENGO UN

EN ESPAÑOL TENGO UN PROYECTOR EL QUE LES COMENTE TENGO UN PROBLEMA QUE CUANDO SE PRENDE SE VE LA IMAGEN PERO LO QUE ESTA DE COLOR NEGROFUERTE OSCURO SE VE DE COLOR AZUL.
SOLO EL COLOR NEGRO OSCURO SE VE AZUL Y GRACIAS POR LA ATENCION
TAMBIEN SI USTEDES TIENES PIEZAS DE REFACCIONES TE TODAS LAS MARCAS.....

Larry Dillon
sorry I do not speak or write

sorry I do not speak or write Spanish, I tried to translate it but it still made no since to me.

MassFoodie
My picture died on my 1080i

My picture died on my 1080i while viewing a DVR recording. I still have sound. It is hooked into Verizon FIOS. I have checked the leads. No problem with another TV in the house. I am not a TV guy so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

nubie
Do you know the convergence

Do you know the convergence pull-down resistor values for a Samsung HC-P4363W?

I replaced my STK392-010 chips and then found that my resistors were completely fried.

Does anyone know the correct values?

Larry Dillon
the resistor numbers would be

the resistor numbers would be great. Have you bother to look in the techs corner here on techlore for that service manual???????
LARRY DILLON

nubie
Thanks for the reply, I will

Thanks for the reply, I will get the resistor numbers off of the PCB.

I did download the service manual for the "Samsung PCL-HCL-ST Models" and used the convergence service mode instructions. The schematics don't seem to be for my HCP model though.

I found an excellent resource here: http://www.audiolabga.com They have a parts list for the TV "HCP4363WX.pdf"

The resistors that burnt are RZ123 - RZ128 and RZ142 - RZ147

Part number 2008-001155 R-FUSIBLE;3.9OHM,5%,1/2W,AF,TP,2.5X6.5MM

They were burnt and I installed new STK392-010 chips, is it likely I have ruined the new chips as well? I have some more coming.

katiemartin
im looking for the full board

im looking for the full board and cant find it anywhere part# bp94-01485a or bp94-01794a I had no luck every time I order one its back order I did replace the Ic's chip but had no luck

Larry Dillon
if it is the convergence you

if it is the convergence you are trying to repair just order the repair kit for this set from tvrepairkits.com. if you do not see your model go to the contact us button on the home page and ask them to make a repair kit for your set Good Luck!!!!!
Larry D.

Izarose
I have a Samsung LN40A530P tv

I have a Samsung LN40A530P tv that won't turn on and the power button just blinks red. TV was bought August 17 2008. Samsung told me they would cover the tv for free on Sunday but by the time the repairman called me on Monday they are saying they will not cover it unless it is the capacitors. Anything I can do to get samsung to pay for this since it is still reasonably new?

Larry Dillon
That is a bunch/ load of crud

That is a bunch/ load of crud,I myself would certainly would call back the person you spoke to on the phone, I hope you asked who you were speaking to!!!!!!
Larry Dillon

randy69
i have a samsung HDTV1080i i

i have a samsung HDTV1080i i hear sounds but cant see anything some people said it could be this or that and i could put the part in myself but i hate to go buy someing it did not need i really do not have alot of money to buy wroung thing what do i need to buy for the tv if anyone knows thank you for your help

Pages

Connect With Techlore