Mitsubishi WS-55511 doesn't power on

73 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
Chapman,hope it is not too

Chapman,hope it is not too late as if you keep doing this and letting the set come on eventually this action will blow out the DM module and as I hear it this board is no longer available so if you wish to use the tv set in the future order the capacitors and replace them asap!!! even if the set is working!!!!!!SoThe best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, click here please:
http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon,

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, click here please:
http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon,

Melmiran
where are the capacitors? or

where are the capacitors? or the DM Board

Melmiran
Where are the capacitors or

Where are the capacitors or the DM located? on a WS-55551, can I get to them from the back?

jwinata
I am about to trash my WS

I am about to trash my WS-55511. If anybody wants any parts of it, I don't mind taking it apart and sending it as long as it does not cost me $$.
If you want it please reply by 3/6/2010 or it'll be gone.

Melmiran
Hi jwinata,

Hi jwinata,
I need the front circuit board,the one for the power botton and to change chanels manually. I am in Stanton California where are you?

jwinata
I am in Missouri City, TX.

I am in Missouri City, TX. Southwest side of Houston.

Larry Dillon
The sales and the shipping is

The sales and the shipping is in Allan Texas

dannyabq
Hello.... I am the owner of a

Hello.... I am the owner of a WS-55511. I am having the same "blinking green light" problem. This light just stays blinking and I cannot power on at all. I am going to attempt the replacement of the capacitors that everyone is talking about however I am having trouble removing the DM module. Do you have to remove the entire Main Chassis to get to the DM module or can it be removed by itself? If any one has a diagram showing the removal of that please let me know.

Jerryintrouble
I have a WS 55511 that just

I have a WS 55511 that just stopped working yesterday. I jumped on this site and I think Larry may be able to help. I have been reading some of the suggestions regarding component level repair. It has been 20+ years since I held a soldering iron. The TV just will not turn on. No green LED, nothing. I tried the front panel reset, no go. I tried unplugging it overnight and tried this morning, no go. I am really looking to pull the correct circuit board out and replace it. Is this a viable option for this problem? I am hoping to save some money on this repair because we cannot afford a new set right now. I think if I try a component level repair, I will mess it up more than it is now.

moochie34
Hello, this is my first time

Hello, this is my first time on. Trying to watch a movie tonight and turn on the T.V. and the tv just turns right back off. We've tried unplugging, and resetting. No luck. I tried pushing all the buttons on the front too...they didn't seem to be stuck. I've read the other posts...but didn't really understand what they did or if it worked. I'd really love some help! thank you so much!

dannyabq
I had the same problem with

I had the same problem with my ws-55511 however I got it fixed. Took a lot of reasearch on the net but I GOT IT! It is the blown capacitors that everyone is talking about within the DM Module. It is going to take some patience as well as some "know-how" on soldering. The capacitors that you will need are the panasonic 1000uf 16v eb radial. Go to www.digikey.com and order part number P13119-ND. You will need to order 7 of them however it is a good idea to order at least 10 so that you can practice soldering or if you make a mistake. They are only about .29 each. Hope this helps!

Pages

Connect With Techlore