Mitsubishi WS-55511 doesn't power on

73 posts / 0 new
Last post
jcp
Mitsubishi WS-55511 doesn't power on

Hello,

I would like to get some direction on resolving this issue. I bought this unit in 2003 and all of the sudden 1 month ago it powered off itself. I tried re-setting it, disconnecting for 24 hours, etc. and it seems to reboot normally but when I try to turn it on, the green light stays lit for 3-4 sec and then goes off; error code is "22".

The majority of the sad stories refer to a blinking light but this does not seem to be my problem. The other thing is that many people talk about replacing 4 caps on the DM module but from my service manual I can see that this module has 7 and not 4, so we are talking different things here. Besides, if it the DM is rebooting normally, then maybe the problem is not there.

I search extensively online for clues and was able to get the service manual, but before I proceed with it, would like to get your opinions.

All your help is appreciated.

Larry Dillon
Have you taken the DM board

Have you taken the DM board out and looked inside the assembly to see if there are 4 capacitors all together that have swollen tops?  If not, you really cannot say the DM board is not your problem.  I have a how to do with pictures I will forward to you if you leave your e-mail address.  If you want you could send me a copy of the service manual at [email protected], let me look at the situation and we can proceed from there.

jcp
Thanks Larry - I just sent

Thanks Larry - I just sent the service manual.

Larry Dillon
 And I just sent the DM board

And I just sent the DM board repair directions

jcp
No luck so far. I open the DM

No luck so far. I open the DM board and as suspected it has 7 and not 4 caps as they were shown in the repair directions. I checked them all and seem to be fine (no swollen tops). Any other ideas?

Larry Dillon
Must me a differant DM board

Must me a differant DM board that I am not aware of.  I will check around and in the service manual and post back

LoonaC
I have the same exact TV with

I have the same exact TV with the same exact problem it powers on a few seconds and shuts off.  It also gives error code "22" which is "Short Protect".  Please let me know if you figure this one out.

[email protected]

perdudanbrume
Can you send me the service

Can you send me the service manual and DM board repair directions please I need to try to locate the DM board on my WS-55511 and replace the CAPs. [email protected] Thanks

Larry Dillon
I thought I sent to you

I thought I sent to you already? Oh well lets try this again. Good Luck

crazyeddie
Hi i've been having the same

Hi i've been having the same problem with my Mitsubishi ws-55511. i took the DM board out to see if the capacitors where bad. they look fine and there is 7 of them. should i change them any ways or is there an other reason why it wont work?

single mom
i never drop this much money

i never drop this much money on a television set, but i guess it's the new thing to do. sadly, i cannot replace this huge set i've owned only 5-6 years! it was my only set that was hd ready (i think)!
it worked fine until my toddler kept pushing the on button repeatedly and now it won't do anything! i tried unplugging for 24 hours. i tried reset. i have no clue where fuses are or anything. i took apart the speaker thing from the front, removed the board and got a headache seeing so many circuit boards.
a repair technician is not a possibility for me right now. can anyone point a non-techy female in the right direction please?

Larry Dillon
press down on all the front

press down on all the front buttons and see if any of them feel differant as it is common for the button or do to stick down and if thst happens nothing will work. good luck, make sure when you reinstall the board that you match the plugs to the proper connectors

single mom
OMG you guys may believe this

OMG you guys may believe this but i can barely believe it! i took just about all of it apart (the speaker off again, the screen, the circuit board that goes behind the power button, volume, etc.) i just took off the circuit board, looked at it and maybe pushed a button or two while it was unplugged, downloaded a manual and skimmed over (didn't learn anything!), gave up and put it back together. oh, and i prayed! then plugged it in just to see if anything changed and the darn thing is workin again!!!! wahooooo!
i did that to a really bad car i'm driving now. (not a pro at shopping for cars either) i was at the convenience store and it completely would not start. no clicking or anything. i opened the hood, looked at it, screamed at it and told it to "PLEASE WORK", slammed the hood back down and it started right up!!!!
thanks for your suggestions!! hope it stays working!

Larry Dillon
probably stuck buttons very

probably stuck buttons very common complaint!

saqib
Hey Larry, I was looking all

Hey Larry, I was looking all over the internet to see if someone could help me, and by the looks of this thread, it seems that you might be able to. I have the same problem as JCP who you helped earlier in this thread. I have a Mitsubishi WS-55511 and it has 7 capacitors on the DM board instead of 4. My tv will power on for 3-4 seconds and shut off again. Can you please let me know what to do, or send me the service manual. It would be very much appreciated. My email is [email protected]

thanks again

arismom3
I am having a similiar issue

I am having a similiar issue with my tv as well. Unfortunately, I cannot find my service manual. I was wondering if JCP would send the service manual to me. I would really appreciate it.

arismom3
Jcp - I am having a similiar

Jcp - I am having a similiar issue with our tv as well. Unfortunately, I can't find my tv service manual. Any chance you could send it to me? I would really appreciate it.

maral
Hi all... I am a WS-55511

Hi all... I am a WS-55511 owner. About one year ago, I replaced the IC and fixed the problem at the time (convergence). A few months ago, the set quit working again, this time the symtom was it kicking out a few seconds after the power was turned on. That problem matured into the eternal blinking light and I left the set out of service for a few months.

I'd recently picked the project back up, read up on the eternal blinking light, and replaced the 7 caps in the DM power supply. This fixed the eternal blinking light problem, but it was kicking out a few seconds after the power was turned on. I ordered another, new convergence IC, installed it.... and same problem!

With all the searching I've done, all I've found is the DM caps and the convergence IC as potential problems (or I should say the common problems). I've seen where some fuses may need replaced (surface mount style I assume), but I have not clue where these potentially blown fuses are located.

If there is anyone that can help me get any further than where I'm presently stuck, I'd very much appreciate it.

Larry Dillon
If you have power and a

If you have power and a picture on your set the fuses are good

maral
Seem to have "power", but no

Seem to have "power", but no picture. It kicks out after approximately 3 seconds after the POWER button is pushed.

For whatever its worth, it reports diagnostic code 22.

maral
NO PICTURE

NO PICTURE

NEW convergence IC, and DM caps.

HELP!? ANYONE?

Larry Dillon
Do you have an e-mail address

Do you have an e-mail address so I can send you some repair advise??
Larry Dillon

maral
Hotmail.... some_tall_guy44

Hotmail.... [email protected]

THANKS!

m2guevara
hi - my husand replaced the

hi - my husand replaced the caps but thinks he might have "burned" the dm board. is there a way he can check to see if the DM board needs replacing and if it does do you know where we can get one?

Larry Dillon
What do you mean burned the

What do you mean burned the board? Sorry these boards are no longer available! did it smoke or pop something when it was plugged in???
Larry D

GaPeach
I'm having the same problem.

I'm having the same problem. My Ws55511 started off with blinking before turning itself off after a few seconds. I replaced the 7 caps although they seemed fine. I didnt touch the fuse. Now I get a constant blinking light. I'm guessing its still a dm problem, maybe bad one. There's no smoking, no sounds, just no tv activity at all. If the board can't be replaced, whats left?

Lisa

Larry Dillon
des it ever stop blinking

des it ever stop blinking like after a couple of minutes?
Larry

GaPeach
No, I have a continuous

No, I have a continuous blinking light. No sounds. No activity.
Lisa

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon, tvrepairkits.com-senior repair tech

savageman
Mitsubishi WS-55511 will not

Mitsubishi WS-55511 will not turn on.i hit the power button and it stays on 3-5sec. bt shuts back off. anything i can do??????????

GaPeach
Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for the advice. Another questions, or problems. I bought 7 caps from a local electronics store, not radioshack. The have the pico fuses, but not smd type. Also already own a soldering iron. Buying the kit, a now afterthought doesnt seem necessary. Is it possible to get the fuses without the kit?

Lisa

Pages

Connect With Techlore