Mitsubishi WS-55511 doesn't power on

73 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
are the caps the high temp

are the caps the high temp types and about the picos you will have to ask the sales dept at the home page and go to the contact us button
Larry Dillon

mike yodaddy
a ws55511 tv and replace the

a ws55511 tv and replace the stk conv. chip set a month ago and worked great. now it just quit and if I power up it boots up then when pressing the power button it enables the 12v relay then turns off. can you give me advice . I do not get an error code that I can tell. thank you for your help.

maral
I am giving VERY serious

I am giving VERY serious consideration to replacing the entire center board in a WS-55511 TV. The best pricing I can find for a refurbed board is $395 or so off the Internet. It's a very tough decision to invest that money in this set, plagued with these sort of problems, but "the economy" prevents me from just plopping down BIG CASH for a replacement.

Could someone here tell me any way that I can test the OUTPUT of that IC Convergence Board to determine that replacing the board will cure the problem? and secondly, any other source better than $395 for a refurbed board???

Kevin

hellsredsled
My tv just started the '3

My tv just started the '3 seconds on then turns off' thing!! Let it sit overnight and it still does it!! Any ideas Larry or any1 else he has given the answer to that wants to post it here?

Jetfuel
Mitsubishi.wt-42313 k20

Mitsubishi.wt-42313 k20 chassis. Display code 12(normal ops)After reading most of the posts here for several days I know that it is ICs & picos & maybe resistors. I have the service manuel in PDF. I found the 2 ICs STK394-250. But not sure about the picos & resistors. Can you help?

Larry Dillon
I do not have a clue what the

I do not have a clue what the problem is or even the model number is hellsredsledplease leave here the model make and an e-mail address oh and if your girl friend does not mind a phone number please or a sisters number she is gorgeous or maybe an e-mail address as we could be pin pals lol LMAO
LARRY DILLON

Larry Dillon
figured you would not

figured you would not understand it pal, look up at the lady above you!, I was not talking to you!!! lol

hellsredsled
Larry Dillon said: I do not

Larry Dillon said: I do not have a clue what the problem is or even the model number is hellsredsledplease leave here the model make and an e-mail address oh and if your girl friend does not mind a phone number please or a sisters number she is gorgeous or maybe an e-mail address as we could be pin pals lol LMAO LARRY DILLON

I don't have a girlfriend, that is my wife of 18 years and you can't have her number! Hahaha. Oh, and her sister is 7 months prego!!

Oh, it doesn't matter what was wrong with the tv...I got a Pioneer 600m!! Far better then any tv I've had or seen!! Mitsu is being donated to charity!!

Jimmy Morgan
I was given a WS-55511 by a

I was given a WS-55511 by a friend because it wouldn't power up. I went ahead and replaced the 7 capacitors on the DM board and now I get power and a picture. My issue is that the TV shuts itself off after about 5 minutes, the LED blinks for 60 seconds or so, then I can power it on again. Any clue as to what could cause it to shut off after working fine for 5 minutes? [email protected]

George88
I have a Mitsubishi WS-55511.

I have a Mitsubishi WS-55511. I also had the blinking green light problem. The set would not power up. I replaced the 7 caps in the DM Power Supply. The TV worked great for two days. Then the picture became a little snowy and a fuzzy white line appeared just to the right of center on the screen going from top to bottom.

I might have burned the board on one of the caps soldering points. The solder did not take really well.

Are replacement DM boards available? I so, where is a good place to order?

mikedj
my neck hurts from looking

my neck hurts from looking for a solution to my problem.i have a mitsubishi ws 55511. i had the 7 capacitors replaced , due to blinking light.it now powers on and i can access the menu.i have no picture when plugged into cable.it wont let me select antanae icon in menu. it comes up with a message at the bottom of the screen that says, rgbhv is invalid.im about to push this thing out to the trash.any suggestions?

Otter
I am another newbie to site.

I am another newbie to site. Read virtually "all the blogs" everyone's written--found out I'm not by myself here. Have a Dec. 02' purchased WS-55511 & worked flawlessly til' last eve' when it just quit (conveniently while I'd been out of its sight-so I didn't see a "code"). The pic' had been doing the "funny slight/staticc'y stuff-light horiz.lines" for about 2 wks. Wasn't sure if it was tv or not?--now do !! Now when you hit the power on remote, green lite comes on (like everone elses' I've read), for about 3 sec. & then shuts back off? Don't want to be "redundant", so now what? Thanks for all the write's I've read-that's why I joined, Bob

kcurt64
Looks like I'm having the

Looks like I'm having the same problem as all of you. Does anyone have a service manual in pdf that you could email me. [email protected]

Larry Dillon
i tried to send you an idea

i tried to send you an idea but it said the e-mail is wrong and counld not be sent????????????
Larry Dillon.

scott070167
i have a ws55511 plug tv in

i have a ws55511 plug tv in green light blinks and nothing else push reset button and light stops till let up on reset button then green light starts took front panel off and disconnected wires nothing changed any other sugestions would like manual

jwinata
I am new here and I also own

I am new here and I also own ws55511 that just went out last week. I've been reading forums on this and noticed that there 3 types of parts that are mentioned a lot: caps, fuses, and STKs. Can I get more detail descriptions on these parts for ws55511 so I know what to order?

scott070167
This model has one of two

This model has one of two very common problems that can occur > The easy one is the front button for the system rest button is stuck,
(however this is unlikely to be your problem) determine this by pulling the speaker grille off and unplug the 2 connections going into the button assembly
on the front ,plug the tv in wait 3 minutes and use the mitsubishi remote and try to turn it on. if it turns on the button is your problem and you can just
leave this unhooked to operate tv(although you will not be able to see the green light in the front anymore or use the front buttons). The more likely problem
is that you have 4 defective electrolitics in the digital module:

.When you unplug the unit and plug it back in the Digital Module (DM) starts to talk with the rest of the tv for 90 sec. or so, when the rest of the tv recognizes
what the DM is saying, the LED stops blinking and you can then turn the unit on. In your situation there is a defective part in the DM causing it to speak gibberish
to the rest of the set, in turn the rest of the set has no idea what the DM is saying so never stops blinking. The repair the following, if you are mechanical at
all and can use a soldering iron this is a do it yourself job, although not easy. If you cannot desolder or solder well this will be one for the local tv repair shop.
:

When looking at the back of the set , on your far left is a metal shielded board about 12 inches by 9 inches by 2 inches, that is the DM. This is not an easy thing
to get the guts of the tv out enough to get to the screws to take the DM out, so if you get this far and realize getting Humpty Dumpty back together may not happen,
time to call a tv shop. Local t.v. repair shops are very reasonable and anyone you call with the model # and symptom should be able to take care of this for you.
The parts more than likely needed are quantity of four Electrolytic capacitors 680uF @ 16 volts. When you or they get the DM out and the shield out you will see the
4 capacitors that are swollen at the top. The really are the only thing on the DM that look different, plus having the new parts on hand you will be able to match
them up by looks. On the slightest occasion the DM has more problems than this and the DM needs replaced completely.

good luck with this and if you have any more questions please just ask.

jwinata
I downloaded the service

I downloaded the service manual for this model (V21_Service_Manual_(c)_.pdf) but I can't remember where I got it from (i can e-mail you if you need it).

Anyway, I searched through the parts list and can't find those 680 uF @ 16V caps.  Are they a recommended replacement parts?  In another forum sponsored by ecoustics.com, there are talks about replacing caps for various models of Mits TV and some recommended 1000 uF @ 35V caps to be replaced.

I just want to make sure I get the right parts.

Shooter
Larry,

Larry,
I had posted before about my problem. I have the WS 55511 with the blinking green light. I had taken the DM board out to the repair shop and they replaced the 7 caps (with high temp quality caps), I put the board back in and still had the blinking light. I then took the entire DM chasis (DM board and board it sits in) to the shop. The repairman did some checking and Mitsubishi thought the DM board needed replaced. He mentioned he wasn't sure that would fix the problem and he thought I may be throwing good money after bad. This entire time I had been in contact (hounding) with Mitsubishi Customer service trying to get them to fix THEIR mistake. I had bought the set in Dec 2002 with an extended warranty, started having problem in about 2005 or 2006 and reported it then. Ironically the place I bought the set from originally gave me (original owners) a "lifetime warranty" on parts and labor but they (Team Electronics) went out of business (just my luck)!! Anyway back to my set, after the repairman told me he didn't think replacing the DM board (part costs $165 IF he can find one)would solve the problem I brought the board back home thinking I was probably stuck with a $3200 boat anchor. That was about 2 weeks ago, last week I got a call from Mitsubishi customer service telling me there were going to pay $60 for the repairman to come out to my house and diagnose the problem. He just left about 15 minutes ago. Not sure what all he checked but he said it was getting voltage to the place it needed to. He believes the problem lies in the chasis of the DM board or the board that the DM board is attached to. When he checked at one of the parts houses he said the cost would be around $350-400 for the board but wasn't sure it was still available. he is going to fax that report to Mitsubishi later today. So I guess I will be waiting to see what they (Mitsubishi) plans to do next. I will post what happens. Larry do you know whether or not that board is still available? Thanks, Shooter

hotrodrandy
i am new, i hav a ws-55511 i

i am new, i hav a ws-55511 i got used 3 year ago, was not working, called a tv guy out for $300 and got it fixed, then 1 year later it stopped working again, called another tv guy out, after another $275 its working, now about a month ago it will turn off by it self after watching it for an hour, some times a couple of hours. normaling it will turn the next day. please help as i do not want to invest much more money in it. thanks

Larry Dillon
Do you know what type of

Do you know what type of repair was done last time?? I am thinking maybe convergence problem and did not use original chips but aftermarket or china made chips??????!
Larry

CubanX
I also have a WS 55511 that

I also have a WS 55511 that does not turn on now. Fixed it over a year ago with original Sanyo parts on the convergence circuit. I also replaced some caps, resistors and pico fuses. I have checked the PC board and found that Pico fuses F9A04 and 05 are bad. You once told us in a previous article not to do anything without hearing from you about these fuses. I did order the Blinking light kit from TVRepair Kit thinking that that was the problem, but I don't think it was the problem, for the caps and the fuses on the DM module checked out good So I'm waiting for your advice on what to do about next. Can a bad Convergence circuit cause the TV not to turn on?

Frank DiVall

Shooter
Frank,

Frank,
From what I have read I don't believe a bad convergence circuit board would keep the TV from turning on.

Larry,
Wanted to give an undate on my TV. As I reporeted earlier I also had the blinking death light on my WS55511. I took the DM board out (and yes JCP there are 7 caps in the WS55511) and had the repair shop replace the 7 caps (plus check the DM board and the pico fuses). I put the DM board back in and still not fixed. This whole time I have been in contact (arguing with really) Mitsubishi. Note* If you contact Mitsubishi and want results you have to get PAST the first level, they are there ONLY to deny any responsibility (usually in the Phillipines). They will not transfer you to the next level, you have to give your name and phone number and they will call you back. Back to my situation: After the repair and still no TV I took the entire DM assembly (the DM board PLUS the board it sits in, which is roughly 12"x14" or so)and took it back to the shop. The repairman also had been talking with Mits and they told him they thought the assembly needed replaced. Mitsubishi meanwhile called me back and said the3y would authorize the repairman (pay him $60) to come down and look at my set. He did so and did find the problem top be the entire assembly. Mits said they would pay for the DM assembly ($365) if I would pay the labor ($120). Still felt I shouldn't have to pay anything since already paid $3200 for TV but I was between a rock and hard place. Grandkids coming in for Christmas along with 20 other family members AND no TV. So I agreed. Since i had already had the assembly out 2 times the repairman and repairmand was swamped he said if I wanted to put it in myself and save the $120 I could. I did that on Dec 22 and we had the set working for everyone on Christmas. I just hope the caps in the new DM board are good ones and not the pirated ones that were used in the set back in 2002!! Good luck! Shooter

spongefreak52
I have replaced the E2P

I have replaced the E2P module in several Mitsubishi televisions that had the blinking LED problem. The E2P module is a small board with 2 EEPROM chips (About 1x2 inches) that is plugged into the DM board (inside the metal shielding).

This part is far more economical to replace than the entire DM module.

bill50
LARRY or ANYONE - I hope you

LARRY or ANYONE - I hope you can help - if you're still checking this site.
I just bought a used Mitsubishi WS-55511 Wide screen rear projection HD TV from a friend. It was working fine when I bought it. We moved it in last night - from just two blocks away in 10 degree weather.It was outside maybe 10-15 minutes total. Moved it carefully, plugged it in, hooked up all components, went to turn it on, and no power. The green flashing TIMER light stays flashing. I've tried reset button on front, tried leaving it unplugged for a few hours, plugged in and still no power, still green flashing light. A tech I called says it could be a

spongefreak52
Try unplugging the front

Try unplugging the front panel buttons then switch the TV on with the remote, if that works you possibly have a stuck (or corroded from outside air moisture) switch.

If that doesn't work I have heard reports that you can unplug the E2P module and in some cases the television will power on. If that works you'll know the E2P module is defective and needs replacing.

The switches should cost around 25 cents each, if they turn out to the be problem I would replace them all in one swoop.

The E2P module should be available for around $20 - $25, so it won't set you back too much to try if the switches don't clear up your issue.

hotrodrandy
larry, i dont know what the

larry, i dont know what the service men did. could you send me any info on this tv, like service mannul or do you think the tv repair kit would fix the tv?

Larry Dillon
What is the problem with this

What is the problem with this set if it is the blinking timer light problem,The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!

ekimoom
I get error code 22 none of

I get error code 22 none of the capacitors in the dm are swollen should i replace them anyway???? [email protected] ws-55511

Chapman
Thanks to all who posted here

Thanks to all who posted here.

I own a WS 55511. It has been in the repair shop 5 times with various problems including the blinking light of death. Once under warranty, others at my cost. Ave cost per trip ~$500. I read all of the posts, decided to give it a go myself on the latest, yes 6th breakdown. Symptoms this time: no pic, no sound. Rapidly blinking light. Tried the reset, unplug for 1 day, to no avail. Bought 4 caps-1000mf, 36v. Opened the DM power board and there were 7! Rats! 10 pm at this time and replaced the 4 worst ones. 2 of them had the worst solder jobs and were loose. Reflowed the others. NO LUCK! Bought 3 more and replaced them. Power up, flashing light. Darn....Waited 10 mins, still blinking. Hit the reset buttons on the front-10 sec hold. Nothing. Started to pull the front panel to bypass the front buttons. Noticed the light not blinking. Hit the power-It fired up!! But only of a few seconds. Blinking light again...Rats--Reset again. Light stopped flashing after a minute. Hit the power button---IT WORKS!! Has been on two hours. Hope it lasts, especially since this is Super Bowl Sunday! This just prolonged the purchase of a new LED.

Wondering if this has been the culprit all along?

I'll post if the status changes for the worse.

Thanks again

Pages

Connect With Techlore