135 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
I need an e-mail address to

I need an e-mail address to send anyone anything PLEASE
Larry D

weewood
Larry Dillon said: I need an

Larry Dillon said: I need an e-mail address to send anyone anything PLEASE Larry D

Larry,
The green light of death has found my WS65813. I'm going to attempt to repair it but need your help. Please send me the information that I've read about in previous posts to [email protected]

Thanks for your time,
Don

Moosehead76
Larry Dillon said: I need an

Larry Dillon said: I need an e-mail address to send anyone anything PLEASE Larry D

Hi Larry,

I too am suffering from the continuous blinking green light that will not allow me to power on my Mitsubishi WS-65813 (purchased 3/22/2004).  I would really appreciate it if you would also send me the repair instructions/diagrams/photos and required capacitor information so that I could keep from spending $800 on a repair bill when I'm trying to pay for my daughter's college expenses.  In this economy, all the help you have been providing us WS-65813 owners is really fabulous!  THANK YOU!!

My e-mail address: [email protected]

Thanks again!

Moosehead76

lpshell
I had the Blinking Lite.

I had the Blinking Lite. Changed the caps and cleaned the color guns. I now have a screaming picture, but no sound, have done the a/v settings, no change. Can anyone help? Thanks Lee

Larry Dillon
make sure you installed the

make sure you installed the capacitors in properly as it sounds like a cap or two are not installed into the DM Board properly and my be installed backwards or not installed properly, there is a plus and minus on each capacitors,
Larry Dillon

Smitty06
Larry, I guess your the man.

Larry, I guess your the man. WS65813 4/2004. I am 2 weeks from going to Iraq again and away training. Wife called to say the light wont stop blinking green and she has done all the usual checks. I found the higher rated caps and have purchased them. Could you send me the instuctions and a manual? I need to get these to a friend so he can help. ? How do you get the caps out? I take it use the soldering iron to heat the points and then remove? Stupid Q I know. Thanks for your kind help. Smitty [email protected]

Larry Dillon
the best advice I can give

the best advice I can give you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of TV set Good LUCK.The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon, tvrepairkits.com-senior repair tech

Moosehead76
SUCCESS!!!! My Mitsubishi WS

SUCCESS!!!! My Mitsubishi WS-65813 is working beautifully again! I purchased my capacitors from Mouser online: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Nichicon/UVY1E102MPD/?qs=86ES.
These capacitors have the correct temperature rating, are identical in dimension to the original Mitsubishi components, but are 25 volt instead of 16 volt. They were only 51 cents each plus shipping. I downloaded the service manual for my model for free from the internet and followed the diagrams and instructions to slide out the main electronics chassis from the cabinet, then remove the DM board from the chassis. I also ordered the repair kit from tvrepairkits.com as Larry Dillon suggested but did not end up using it since my fuses were OK and I preferred using the 25 volt capacitors from Mouser rather than the larger 16 volt capicitors supplied in the repair kit. For the replacement of the components on the board, I found an independent TV repair technicion in the area that was willing to come to my house and do the job for $60. This saved me from going out and buying all the soldering equipment and then trusting the soldering to my inexperienced hands.

You have no idea how ecstatic I felt when I plugged in the set and saw the blinking green light finally stop! THANKS TO LARRY AND EVERYONE WHO'S POSTED ON THIS THREAD FOR SAVING ME FROM SPENDING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ON A NEW TV!!!!!

Larry Dillon
well that is certainly great

well that is certainly great news for you ! it is always a great feeling when you save hundreds of bucks by fixing something yourself , glad you followed my suggestion was there any problems with the kit at all??? ANY SUGGESTIONS that would improve the kit??????
oh by the way the higher voltage makes no difference at all as the problem with the original cap were not a voltage problem but the frequency(the long life caps) is what makes the difference as there is only between 3 to 6 volts on those caps most of the time.
Larry Dillon.

Brian May
Larry,

Larry,
My ws65813 has the constant blinking light issue now. Could you please send me the Repair instructions &information and Related Repair and Service Manuals to me at [email protected]? Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Brian May
Larry,

Larry,
My ws65813 has the constant blinking light issue now. Could you please send me the Repair instructions &information and Related Repair and Service Manuals to me at [email protected]? Thanks in advance for your help with this.

mripca
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Reading your threads about the "blinking green light of death" for Mistubishi projection TVs. I have a WS-65813 exhibiting the same symptoms and would like to attempt the repair myself. Would be able to send me the instructions you mentioned?

Thanks in advance...

Mike Ripca
[email protected]

mserna
I have a WS-65813 exhibiting

I have a WS-65813 exhibiting the same symptoms and would like to attempt the repair myself. Would be able to send me the instructions you mentioned?

Martin

entreri
Go here: http://www.techlore

Pages

Connect With Techlore