Mitsubishi 65" WS-65813 blinking light

135 posts / 0 new
Last post
silverburst
Mitsubishi 65" WS-65813 blinking light

I have a 65' Mitsubishi ws-65813 purchased in 2004. Recently, the front indicator light started blinking greaan and will not stop. I have tried all the usual remedies - power off, reset switch, etc. and even changed the capacitors on the power board. Nothing has worked so far. Can anyone help with a solution?

Larry Dillon
does the set power up at all.

does the set power up at all. have you done or tryed anything at all?

silverburst
No teh set doesn't power up

No teh set doesn't power up and yes, i've tried a few fixes including unplugging and leaving unplugged for a while, pressing reset button and finally changing the capacitors on the DM module.

Larry Dillon
Have you looked to see if

Have you looked to see if there is any moisture damage on any of the boards under the picture tubes?

MOtvGuy
There is a small eeprom board

There is a small eeprom board that is probably the problem.  They're either mounted on the main board to the right side of the DM module or on the DM module itself.

silverburst
Thanks. Hopw would I identify

Thanks. Hopw would I identify the eeprom board?

kevcsr
I have, as of yersterday,have

I have, as of yersterday,have  the same situation on my 65869.  MOtvGuy can you offer any insight as to the effectiveness of changing the caps as is so often suggested.  Are you aware of any pictures to guide a novice

As of 4/6/2007 I changed the 7 caps on the DM power board and still the blinking green light. No picture whatsoever. When I plug in( reset a number of times) I here the traditional tv 'turn on' sound.  Checked 2 soldered in fuses on DM board and they are fine.  With repect to answer above  is the eeprom a plug in chip or soldered in.

TWong
I purchased a WS-65869 in

I purchased a WS-65869 in 2001 and my 5-yr warranty expired in December. I have the green blinkiing light that won't go off when reset or when powered off. Can someone please send me the instructions for changing the capacitors on the DM Module? I'd also like to know how to locate the eeprom board in case the capacitor replacement doesn't work.

Would it be cost-effective to just order a new DM Module? What about the eeprom board? My email is [email protected].

Thanks!

Larry Dillon
You cannot just order the DM

You cannot just order the DM board, you have to go through Hitachi service department. The four capacitors will be a lot less expensive then the DM board to try and replace. If the tops are swollen as the guide shows you with pictures, you have a 65% chance that the caps will fix it. I will send you a guide and if I have it, the service manual also. Good Luck, and let us know how you make out with this repair.

mnor
Larry can you please email

Larry can you please email the guide to fix the cap's on the DM board.  I also have a WS-65813 with the green blinking lite of death.

email address:  [email protected]

Thanks for your help.

Ron

TWong
This is a link to the best

This is a link to the best reference document that I found on finding and repairing the DM Board.

After spending an hour or so searching for the DM Board, I finally found it in a metal box on to the left of the main board that is exposed. Once you get the metal box removed, you will need to remove the cover and it should then be obvious which is the DM Board.
Realize that I have a Model WS65869, so I think your layout is probably different from mine. My DM Board had 7 capacitors instead of 4. If I had to do the repair again, I would pull the DM Board and take it to an electronics shop to have the capacitors replaced. I was able to make the repair, but I was also concerned about damaging the DM Board while soldering. Good luck with the repair.
mnor
Thanks for the reference.....

Thanks for the reference...... actually getting the DM Board out was pretty hard... very tight fit inside the cabinet.  The soldering part will be the easy part of the hole process. My DM Board has 4 caps.

TWong
I can't believe it. After

I can't believe it. After enjoying my repaired TV (DM Board), the sound quit working. It isn't the speakers since the sound from the DVD Player works. Nothing is coming from the TV itself. Any suggestions? Could the DM Board repair be a contributor?

Larry Dillon
Check all of your plug

Check all of your plug connections. I highly doubt that the DM repair had any thing to do with a sound problrm.

Larry Dillon
TWong, you have not seen mine

TWong, you have not seen mine, which by the way was used from my photos and such, but hey, it is the internet and if someone else wants to take the credit, so be it. No big deal I expected as much. But what I cannot understan Wong, why you pointing this out?

mnor
Larry, would still be

Larry, would still be interested in seeing your original documentation for the DM board.

Question, the caps on the board are 1000ui 16 v caps but I have seen in other posts to use 1000ui 35 v caps. Is this your recommendation or should I do a direct replacement?

email: [email protected]

Thanks for a great source of knowledge.

mnor
Just finished putting

Just finished putting everything back together after using the 1000ui 35 v caps. As I watched the fast green blinking light, found my heart starting to beat at the same pace... then when it went into the slow blink..... awe.... relief.

Thanks for the help and making this info available on the net. Now I can go back to being a couch zombie...

The only problem I ran into was a plastic bracket over the DM metal caseing. Couldn't see that their was a screw at the rear or even reach if I did see it. Ended up prying it off with a screw driver with little damage. The front screw is good enough to hold it back in place.

Lou
Larry & Riley, I replaced the

Larry & Riley, I replaced the 4 CAPS on DM Module of my Mitsubishi WS-65813 with 1000uF, 35V, 105c capacitors. Verified cap polarity and proper solder connections. Upon power up, have the same issue: continuous "Blinking Green Light". Reset button has no effect. The unit makes NO unusual sounds. Could the eeprom board be bad. If so where is it located on the WS-65813. Is it labeled "E2P" on the DM circuit board. Where might I obtain a replacement eeprom. Would you have a part number. I have the WS-65813 service manual that you sent to me, but am unable to locate the eeprom board. Other possible faults; power supply, fuses, etc. Your suggestions appreciated. Email: [email protected]

Speed

Bob
Larry,  I too have a WS-65813

Larry,  I too have a WS-65813 that has the blinking light.  Can you please send the instructions how to fix the caps on the DM module.  My email is [email protected].  thanks

mnor
Keith emailed me for info on

Keith emailed me for info on how I got the DM module out so here is how I did it with my 65813 TV.....

The Dm metal box is attached to the main board with two screws in the front and one on each side. The one on the left  is hard to reach, but with a little work you can get it out. (didn’t put this one back in when I put it back together.) The hardest part was the plastic bracket over the top of the module. The first screw in the front was easy enough but could not reach the one in the back.Decided to just pry the bracket off with a large screw driver….. If I didn’t get it off I would be left with a large piece of junk in my living room. Luckily it broke the screw out without too much trouble or damage. (also left the bracket off)   Next trick is to pull the DM module out. This was also hard due to the tight fit. The DM board just plugs into the main board so it unplugs easily. I had to lean the DM module to the left and pry/pull from the back forward (the top of the TV prevents you from just pulling it straight out).  I was worried that I might have damaged the main board or DM module but at that point it did not matter because it wasn’t working anyway.  Once out; the DM board has two small screws at the top that need to be taken out and the DM module slides out of the metal case. Once I had replaced the caps, I noticed that the DM board could possibly touch the metal casing so I put in a plastic peg that computer motherboards use (in one of the holes at the edge of the board). Putting the DM module back in turned out to be easier than taking it out.  Still had to do the lean to the left technique but it went in with not too much trouble. 

Of course, this is not the best way to do this (if you know a better way please let me know) and please understand that you do these steps at your own risk.  But it worked for me and TV now works great... even with a few screws and bracket missing.   Larry's instructions and pictures were very helpful in showing how to do the repairs and what to repair; so be sure to read his stuff first.

Tony
Larry,  My WS-65813 came down

Larry,  My WS-65813 came down with the Blinking light-O-death this week. Would you mind forwarding the info on the Cap replacement to [email protected].  Thank you.

From what I've read this seems to be a constant problem with these sets. Any idea on the cause? Does Mitsubishi have anything to say?

Thanks 

jolie
I have a 4 years old Mits ws

I have a 4 years old Mits ws-65813 with a blinking green light of death. I read many posts including the use of 1000uF 16v capacitors. Does WS-65813 use the same rating of 1000uF 16v capacitors? Please help! My email address is [email protected]. Thank you in advance. Cutteo

zapdbf
Larry, as you know i have

Larry, as you know i have been here trying to help other people with their Sony, and Philips televisions, and i am astounded at the volume of people responding  this mits repair. I can only think that the original capacitors must have been cheaply made or they are running them close to their working voltage. I don't see a heat source that could be drying out the dielectric. Anyway, i think  you have helped allot of people with this problem. i just wanted to say Good Job!!!

Larry Dillon
Thanks man! Coming from an

Thanks man! Coming from an expert tech as yourself really does mean something. The problem with the caps is just what you said. They run them very close to tolerance. Also there is some heat going on inside these TV sets as you know that processors draw a lot of current and they do have pretty large heat sinks on them. Once again Thanks!

lambrc
Larry Dillon said: You

Larry Dillon said: You cannot just order the DM board, you have to go through Hitachi service department. The four capacitors will be a lot less expensive then the DM board to try and replace. If the tops are swollen as the guide shows you with pictures, you have a 65% chance that the caps will fix it. I will send you a guide and if I have it, the service manual also. Good Luck, and let us know how you make out with this repair.

Larry, I have a WS65869 that was unplugged for 5 days and now the blinking led never stops. I have the Service manual, but could you send the info you have with the procedures and possibly the part numbers of the capicitors. (1000uf 16V 105C) to [email protected].

Thank You 

Dark Shadow
Larry, just got the blinking

Larry, just got the blinking light of death on my 3.5 year old WS-65813. Tried the usual steps, but nothing works. TV won't turn on. Could you please e-mail the instructions to [email protected]? Appreciate the help!

Juliepearlie
Larry same blinking light on

Larry same blinking light on a Mits 65813-Think you could send instructions for this mod to [email protected] thanks so much!

in10ss
OK...the blinking green light

OK...the blinking green light just started on my WS-65813 that was bought in October 2004.   Could you please send me the instructions to [email protected]?  How much would I pay a technician if I don't feel comfortable doing it myself?  Any recommendations in the Phoenix area?  Thanks! 

Larry Dillon
in10ss, you can expect to pay

in10ss, you can expect to pay a minimum or 800 bucks! Get a freind or an associate to help you with this repair.  I will mail the directions and the factory service manual to you and to onthefly. Good Luck

in10ss
Larry--

Larry--

Thanks.  I'll give it a try.  I just noticed that my e-mail address had no dot between the yahoo and the com.  So the address should read [email protected].

Thanks again!

Larry Dillon
in10ss, yea I get this all

in10ss, yea I get this all the time, I get an error as I am trying to send out the mailing and I need to go back and fix the mistakes. Good Luck

Pages

Connect With Techlore