KP-46WT520 9 Blinks

244 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
No, the problem is not on the

No, the problem is not on the D board, it is on the G board and you cannot look at the two diodes and tell if they are bad. I wish it was that easy man. They have a high resistive short inside them and only when voltage is applied,will they have a problem.  Do not try and resolder, as this will fix the set but it will only be a temp fix. Replace both D6301 as well as the D6116. The D6301 has a Sony part number as 6-500-567-21 with the generic number being, 10ERB20-TB5, and the D6116 has a Sony number of 8-719-081-97, but that number is no longer available from Sony any longer. Sony does however have a direct replacement for the D6116 diode. The new part number is 8-719-074-43, and the generic part number for D6116 is BAS316-115. Remember, do not get cheap and only replace one at a time as re soldering will give you the symptom that the set is repaired, but you will be in the same boat week or two down the road. I have just given you all the right info you will need to successfully repair your TV set. Now it is up to you if you will use it properly.  Good Luck.

Pac
I alredy change the diodes

I alredy change the diodes and the tv is still blinking 10 and 9, what can I do?.

sanford
Larry Dillon said: If you

Larry Dillon said: If you have pando I can send it to you via e-mail or you can buy it for 29 bucks online. pando.com is free. I need somewhere to send the manual if you want it.

Larry

I Have the same 46" 9 blink problem on my TV. Can you send me the Schematics so I can properly locate the diodes that everybody is replacing.

Thank you 

sanford
Larry Dillon said: Were? My

Larry Dillon said: Were? My crystal ball is broken. LOL

Sorry larry

[email protected] 

tds73
rummermail said: Larry

rummermail said:

Larry Dillon said: If you have pando I can send it to you via e-mail or you can buy it for 29 bucks online. pando.com is free. I need somewhere to send the manual if you want it.

Larry I Have the same 46" 9 blink problem on my TV. Can you send me the Schematics so I can properly locate the diodes that everybody is replacing. Thank you 

Larry, would you be so kind as to send the schematics to me also? greatly appreciated. thank you.

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
I sent out the manual for you

I sent out the manual for you both. Good Luck

sanford
Hey Guys

Hey Guys

I found l this link for the Manual too...

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/31612/Sony_KP-46WT520.html

alejandroitcm
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said: alejandroitom, replace two diodes, both of the diodes need to be changed. Why are you fighting the replacement the diodes?  Replace what I tell you or no help. I cannot assist you if you buck me! If the picture is still blue after you replace the OTHER DIODE, double check all of the connectors, as I bet one is not all the way in the board or on the picture tube.

i repaced the two diodes, but the picture is blue and green, 
the  Menu, characters are ok.
help me!!!!!

zapdbf
alejandroitom ok, the diodes

alejandroitom ok, the diodes are for fixing the 9 blink error which is the zero crossing detector. if you are no longer getting 9 blink we need to move past this. Can you take a picture of your screen for me so i can see exactly what you are seeing ? 

Larry Dillon
Probably pulled out a

Probably pulled out a connector or a plug somewhere.

zapdbf
Larry Dillon said: Probably

Larry Dillon said: Probably pulled out a connector or a plug somewhere.

yes, i agree. i was hoping that it could be localized to a cretin plug.

zapdbf
So, how ya doing larry haven

So, how ya doing larry haven't talked to you for a while. We should get to gether on anothet thread fo a conversation sometime.

Larry Dillon
Doing good rxcept for Trig, I

Doing good rxcept for Trig, I do not do well with Trig. Wanna do some for me? LOL They used to have a place for Moderators to go. Oh nice article on the convergence repairs. I also like how you extended my views on the service contracts or extended warraties.  You beed busy? i have been doing a few repairs here and there. Did an electrical repair today. Someone has a manufacturered home and they tried to use a 15 amp heater on a 15 amp circuit. Oh it worked fine but these are all branch type circuits and they lost a neutrul to one entire brance but I found it after about three hours. They do not have any 20 amp circuits except for the fridge and the kitchen.

zapdbf
i'm not a moderator so i

i'm not a moderator so i could not get on there anyway. It is getting busier. I have had my break, the work is most definitely picking up. Right now i got an old Panasonic i am working on. Listen to this, the set came in dead, i found the horiz output shorted, i got it going and then notice that it had no pin. So i troubleshot this and found a bad cap in the pin circuit, Then i notice that it will not lock into a channel for the first 5 seconds. I troubleshot this and found  a bad cap in the power supply, next i have a keystone shaped picture. now i am trying to get this fixed. I hate tv's with multiple issues, it can really be a drag.

Larry Dillon
Yea it sounds like several I

Yea it sounds like several I have done before. Most of the time, these sets belong to someone who said the set worked good before they put it in storage or lent the set to a friend. If I was busy, I would have taken my loss and given the set back as multible troubles. I know it is a tough thing to do, as sometimes you get to a point of no return. Been there many many time my friend. Well good luck to you. I wish i could find a shop job doing this stuff, thats why I am going back to school for computer Information and CAD. I will be pretty marketable I am hoping. If I was offered a job in the repair feild, i would take it in a heartbeat. There is only a couple of repair shops for 110 miles. And they have sales. So they sell a lot of their customers new sets instead of repairing them. Go figure.

zapdbf
Yes we are a dwindling group.

Yes we are a dwindling group. Very few of us left. that is for sure. Most of the new guys coming in are just board jockeys. The manufacturers are also jumping on to this philosophy as well. They can control the lifetime of a set better. since you are reliant on them to supply the boards. i think sony is 7 years. then the boards drop off. If you want to get a board it is what they call stage 3 which is where they will take your board and fixit for you. But, it would be nice to get training like i had in the 80's where they actually went through the circuit and explained the details, now training is look at the symptom and locate the board from the symptom. then stop and replace board.  defiantly a different quality of service men coming around now. The repairs get more expensive and prohibitive because of this as well, which will promote new tv sales. I think the un official lifetime is 5-7 years. I think that is the way they all like it. The tv dealers want the same market as the computer dealers I think. Trying to obsolete their product on a timeline.  You see it in the cell phone market as well. But shorter cycles I would say about 2 years for a cell.  It is a disturbing trend.

Larry Dillon
LOL I have to agree! I

LOL I have to agree! I remember when manufacturers had seminars on new items. I cannot count how many I have attended in my lifetime. From Aiwa, Pioneer, Hitachi, Sony, Sharp, JVC, Sano/Fisher, Samsung, Maranatz, Bogen, Bang and Olfesen (Spelling wrong on this one), Crown, Carver, Toa, Carter, Audiovox ECT ECT ECT and a ton of others I have certificates from.  Wallpaper collecting dust now though. I still try my best to repair a board if at all possible. Like the DM board. This is suppose to be field replaceable NOT field repairable. I have fixed I would say at least 90% of them. You get the point I'm sure. I have over 127 from different manufacturers! How can I use them now?

alejandroitcm
zapdbf said: alejandroitom ok

zapdbf said: alejandroitom ok, the diodes are for fixing the 9 blink error which is the zero crossing detector. if you are no longer getting 9 blink we need to move past this. Can you take a picture of your screen for me so i can see exactly what you are seeing ?

look!!, this is my tv

tv

zapdbf
Your menu look good, there is

Your menu look good, there is red in the menu, so the crt drivers and jungle are working fine.

What type of input's are you using, rgb with seperate rca jacks ? composite video ?

zapdbf
the convergence also looks

the convergence also looks fine. it is somthing with video processing or input jacks. but it does not look like it is related to the crt or driver.

alejandroitcm
zapdbf said: Your menu look

zapdbf said: Your menu look good, there is red in the menu, so the crt drivers and jungle are working fine. What type of input's are you using, rgb with seperate rca jacks ? composite video ?

i used all inputs rca, composite and vhf, and i have the same problem

zapdbf
if you are using the rgb rca

if you are using the rgb rca jacks; plug the red into the blue, and the blue into the red, and tell me what you see.

zapdbf
if it is still blue, then it

if it is still blue, then it defiatly is a problem with the jack panel or "A" board. but i will have to pull the manual to get it any closer.

zapdbf
i am on-line right now, if

i am on-line right now, if you want to chat on msn try [email protected] as a search and we can chat about this easyer

DavidKa
MOtvGuy said: The old 9 blink

MOtvGuy said: The old 9 blink 46WT520 problem.  There are 2 diodes on the G board causing this. I don't have the referance numbers but you can use standard diodes.  I'll look them up today and post later. 

:) Thank you MOtvGuy your posting are really helped me. I had 9 blinks problem on my 4 y/o TV-set.  I did as you said, replaiced D6116 and D6301. Put averything back, pluged in and TADAH !!! TV is working again.     
Thank you.

dave s
Larry Dillon said: These

Larry Dillon said: These diodes should be replaced both together and NOT re soldered, as that will most likely fix the problem temporarily, but not a permanent fix.  The D6301 part number is 6-500-567-21, and the D6116 part number is 8-719-081-97 and are available at http://www.partstore.com or a local Sony parts distributor should have these common diodes  These diodes are located on the "G" board inside the TV set. The "G" board is the power supply board. It is not feasible to replace the "G" board as that will cost about 300 bucks or so for the board. You could probably take out the "G" board and send it to ptscorp.com and have them rebuild it for you for about 150 bucks.  If you do not know how to solder you really should not attempt this repair.  Good Luck and let us know if this helps you out.  

Larry, 

I just wanted to thank you for the advice on replacing the diodes.  I came back from a 3 month trip and my SONY would only blink the standby light 9 times.  After searching the internet for help I finally came across this site.  I read your instructions and gave it a shot.  Opened up the back, guessed at what was the G-board (no one ever explained that it is the circuit board on the left most side of the TV looking at it from the back) although telling me it was the power supply board helped.  I located the parts on the board (good thing everything nicely numbered and ordered the parts from the partstore.com.  They arrived today and I soldered them in.  The large D6301 was easy but the D6116 had me worried since I could not tell which polarity the original was in and there are no markings on the board like for the D6301.  Anyway I found what looked like a stripe on the old one and soldered the new on in the same way.  Plugged everything back in and the TV works again.  Thank you so much once again for spelling out how to fix the SONY.

Regards,

Ralph

Larry Dillon
Great to know you fixed your

Great to know you fixed your TV set and at the sane time, saved yourself probably at least a couple of hundred bucks!

tds73
Hello Larry, thanks for the

Hello Larry, thanks for the manual. I got my g board out and my diodes arrived. I have the 9 blink problem. I do not want to attempt the soldering. If I take the board and parts to a repair place, what would be a reasonable price to have the 2 diodes replaced?  Thanks   Troy

Larry Dillon
It should take an experienced

It should take an experienced tech no longer then 10 minutes at the most to replace these diodes, but some shops do have a minimum for bench work, and most I know is about 35 to 50 bucks, so do not be surprised . In all fairness, 10 to 20 bucks should be all someone should charge. Good Luck.

bonner
Larry Dillon said: If you

Can you send me that as well?  [email protected]

Thanks a ton.

Pages

Connect With Techlore