Philips 42" #42FD9932

78 posts / 0 new
Last post
wrwelect
Hey there everyone. I am non

Hey there everyone. I am non-technical and I cant get my Philips 42FD9932 TV to power on. After 10 seconds, It keeps powering off. It was working for many years, and then I moved and had it in a closet for a year until I moved into my new place and had a spot for it. Now I cant seem to get it to stay on. I have no idea what is wrong and I get no help from Philips.

Is there any one on this site that lives in or close New York that would be able to help mw repair this set? I will gladly pay for your time and the parts.

Please reply.

Thanks,

Joe

Sir Slick
ohh said: StoutLager said:

ohh said:

StoutLager said: I give up and am toss this TV.  I changed all the stated capacitors and chips mentioned and go nothing for all the effort.  My wife will attest I gave it very valient attempt, twice. I caution you on any hope.

Hello StoutLager and Sir Slick, I need spare parts for my 42fd9932 plasma. Please let me know if you guys are getting rid of yours and what you would like for them, thank you.

OHH, please contact me at sirslick1 at comcast dot net. I've got all the boards, cables, glass, etc.

Chris

Vanko
Hey guys, has anyone other

Hey guys, has anyone other than valerio fixed their tv? I will be ordering parts soon and I will try to fix my tv. If anyone has a fix please email me with details and once I get back to the states I will find the service manual and send it to anyone that requests it. The service manual seems to help. :)

badfbyz
Hello,

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone is having the same problem as me I have aPhillips 42 Plasma 42FD9954. I have a 5" vertical white line with a 1" vertical black line attached to it. I found a capacitor on one board that was seperated and I soldered it back, but it did not help. I called a pro he said it is the power Board, but the more I read I am not so sure. I have no power problems the set works fine except for the lines. Any suggestions?

Larry Dillon
You have bad capcitors in the

You have bad capcitors in the powr supply most likely, you need to use an ESR meter to find them. Good luck

mtanore
i have the phillips 42fd9932

i have the phillips 42fd9932 with the e box and all the cables i need help fixing it. or pass it on to a new owner e-mail me [email protected]

XCCCOML
Gentlemen,

Gentlemen,

I have the same issue with the blinking red LED light as most of you. I measured the voltage on the 2nd fuse in the middle of the board and it reads

vandelay
Here is a thread (very long)

Here is a thread (very long) that has a lot of people with different issues. I found it pretty useful and fixed my tv (turned out I just needed to replace a few caps). So give this a read if you haven't seen it yet. It will take a while to get through it, but its worth it.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-televisions/400763-philips-plasma-...

stevemarshall
i need a screen for my 42" is

i need a screen for my 42" is there somewhere you can buy just the screen?

mtanore
i have a 42fd9932/17 plasma

i have a 42fd9932/17 plasma with e-box and all cables. light blinks red anybody need it for parts make me an offer [email protected]

DarknessFalls13
Service Manual link for the

Service Manual link for the Philips 42FD9954
http://www.scribd.com/doc/6418075/PHILIPS-42FD9954

DarknessFalls13
Service Manual link for the

Service Manual link for the Philips 42FD9954
http://www.scribd.com/doc/6418075/PHILIPS-42FD9954

Robert F.
Hi.

Hi.

I bought a new/old stock Philips 50FD9955 Plasma. Unfortunately the dealer did not have the table top

RyanD
I have similar probs with my

I have similar probs with my phillips 42

42FD9943
I had the problem with the

I had the problem with the blinking red light also. I found the 22ufd 400V cap on the preconditioner slightly bulging at the top and the fuse for that circuit blown. I replaced the 22 UFD and the 47 UFD 400 V caps and the fuse and now works. However I have diagonal darker lines going through the picture and the picture is larger than it should be on video but perfect picture with no lines on the PC input. From the block diagram I am thinking that the Limesco board is bad, not doing the picture conversion correctly. Does that sound correct?

Rafael G
Hello,

Hello,
I've just bought a philips model 42FD9932, I was not aware that it was a monitor and not a tv set, do I have to have the remote control to turn it on, when I turn the switch on there is only a red light on no turn on.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Aristotelis
Hi there Rafael. I just

Hi there Rafael. I just stumbled on the page myself. I am fixing a 42fd9954 (monitor not television) for a friend with a slightly different issue than you. The red light only comes on after a long time being plugged in. Maybe an hour I dont know. Anyway I am not getting the correct voltage on the fuse in the center of the power board (as mentioned on page one 4 years ago). Instead of 300vdc ish I am getting 110ish vdc. Anyway I will be replacing the pre conditioner IC and capacitors. Ill let post how it goes.

Pages

Connect With Techlore