TV problems

75 posts / 0 new
Last post
Winsley Williams
My TV IS A TOSHIBA I HAVE NO

My TV IS A TOSHIBA I HAVE NO PICTURE AND NO SOUMD. Winsley Willims [email protected]

Frank B
I have a Sony 42 in.

I have a Sony 42 in. widescreen tv and the images are almost like a 3-d image and the red color has duplicating images. What could be the problem?

Larry Dillon
Winsley Williams, what is

Winsley Williams, what is your model number of the TV set , what type and size?

Larry Dillon
Frank, it sounds like you

Frank, it sounds like you have a typicale convergence problem.  What model is this toshiba TV set?

Jackie29
I have three problems the 1st

I have three problems the 1st on is I have a Toshiba TV  Model 61A62 I think 54" and it has a great picture and no sound.  No matter what we put on rather its a dvd or satellite there is no sound?

Second I have Mistibushi TV also a big screen Model #VS-5043 that everytime I plug it in the light lights up for just a few seconds and then it powers off?

Third I have a RCA I think like 42" model #62654462950 that I can turn on and it has sound and picture as far as being able to see what channel it is on, but when I plug in the satellite or Dvd Player it acts like there is nothing hooked up to it?  

Sorry to ask you three questions at once I just purchased these TV's at a State Surplus sale and would really like to get them working?

Thanks, jackie

Winsley Williams
Hi Larry model # CE36G18 with

Hi Larry model # CE36G18 with N7ES Chassis. Winsley Willliams

Winsley Williams
Larry  the size of the TV is

Larry  the size of the TV is 36 inches

Larry Dillon
MMM sorry about the time

MMM sorry about the time delay.  This set is about 10 years old.  I would say you might have a bad regulator IC, a bad horizontal output transistor, a bad high voltage transformer.  In a case such as this, not only will parts be hard to get, this repair could get expensive and will most likely exceed 300 bucks, as it is a monster of a set, and not cheap to work on.  I don't know if I would spend bucks like that on a 10 year old TV set.  Now 20 years ago I would have, as TVs were built alot better back then.  Let us know what you decide and if you have gotten the TV set repaired and what it took to get the set going.  Good Luck

mark68
I have a 1999 Sony Triniton

I have a 1999 Sony Triniton KV-35S42 which will turn on after a slight blinking stand by delay the picture fills the screen then scrunches down bottom to top until screen is completely black. Sound is still functioning.  We recently switched to digital cable and our dvd player is hooked up to this tv could there be a connection issue or is it something in the tv itself? Thanks for any input.

Larry Dillon
You have a problem it sounds

You have a problem it sounds like in the vertical sweep circuit. If you know how to read a schematic or circuit diagram, you should have no problem identifying where this fault is. But if you do not have the knowledge as I desribed, I'm afraid you will need to seek the help of a pro to assist you in the repair of this Set. Good Luck, and please let us know how you made out with this TV.

StraTT
Hello,

Hello,

I just bought a 1997 Magnavox.Everything seems fine with it, Except the picture seems to be a little Wavy more on the right hand side...any reason why? Any help would be appreciated.

Zak

wrath
I have a Magnavox ms2730 c221

I have a Magnavox ms2730 c221 that the power light flashes twice and then goes off...no sounds of any kind coming from the inside (I took off the back to make sure).  I tried the demo volume buttons trick thinking it might be that, but all that did was make the power light blink quite a bit more, but with no other results or sounds..any ideas on what the problem is?  I have seen this questions on a few message boards including this one, but with no answer...can anyone help please?

Sam

LGraves
I have inherited a Sharp HDTV

I have inherited a Sharp HDTV (LC-26DA5U; Ser. 510832535);without a remote or manual. When it is manually turned, a green light (power light) blinks four times, rests, then continues to blink four times again; this is continuous. I would suspect this is a code, but I have no information on codes. I have tried a universal remote, but could not get a code to make it function. Could you suggest a place to get a manual, or should I give this set up? I will be hooking up to outside antennae. 

LGraves
I have inherited a Sharp HDTV

I have inherited a Sharp HDTV (LC-26DA5U; Ser. 510832535);without a remote or manual. When it is manually turned, a green light (power light) blinks four times, rests, then continues to blink four times again; this is continuous. I would suspect this is a code, but I have no information on codes. I have tried a universal remote, but could not get a code to make it function. Could you suggest a place to get a manual, or should I give this set up? I will be hooking up to outside antennae. 

Pages

Connect With Techlore