TV problems

75 posts / 0 new
Last post
jmw2
TV problems

I am working with a Magnavox projection TV, model 7p5433, ptv775 which when power is turned on the power light come on then goes back off, of course there is no raster or sound, please advise,

markplasma
I have a 37 inch Panasonic

I have a 37 inch Panasonic Plasma that has distorted colors and pic alignment on all inputs except hdmi and pip.
My hd converter works but i have no way to connect my dvd.
Any suggestions or advice.
Thank You

iguazu
I'm having problems with my

I'm having problems with my Panasonic tv CT-27G33. The image on the screen randomly starts to shrink leaving a black block on the top and bottom of the screen. Any ideas on how to fix that?

Babs57
i have a 36" mitsubishi and

i have a 36" mitsubishi and it doesn't turn on anymore, what does that mean?

Sharon138
TV through the cable box has

TV through the cable box has sound but Picture-in-picture is silent. (RCA - model F27665YX1 - manual states thomson consumer electronics) Tried: Making sure MUTE wasn't on; Made sure sound was up; Checked wires and unplugged TV: Went through the Audio menu to make sure the speakers were turned on. All this without regaining the sound in PIP mode. My husband is forever using PIP for his baseball games and switching to expanded stereo so he'll hear the audience over the announcers. Frequently he switches to Spanish is the announcers are really bad! Could he have done something in PIP mode to kill the sound? Or is it some dead diode or whatever? Any input would be appreciated - the weekend is coming up!

Larry Dillon
Sharon, you wont get the

Sharon, you wont get the sound for the PIP unless you switch the PIP to normal veiwing in almost any set I know of except a few, like RCA and Sony. But there is still a Button used to swap the audio or Picture as you wouldnt want both sounds coming from the TV set at the same time.  PIP was designed so you can watch onew channel with sound and Monitor another till you want to SWAP to that picture and swaps the sound as well. Hope this helps and Please dont hesitate to ask any more questions.  One more thing?  If you have the owners manual please go over it as itwill show you on the remote where the swap button is.  Sometimes though a peeps will lose the original remote or it will be bad, so these features are not available to you without the proper remote. Good Luck

Sharon138
Larry - thanks for the quick

Larry - thanks for the quick reply, I guess I didn't explain the situation in enough detail.  I'm aware of what you explained.  The problem is there is no sound when viewing through the actual tv channels rather than through the comcast cable box.  My husband can swap the PIP but only the one coming though the cable box has sound. When watching baseball, my husband swears the picture is better through the tv (there is a poorer picture quality through the cable box). 

Larry Dillon
AHHHH. Ok Is the cable box

AHHHH. Ok Is the cable box connected through the Antenna input such as when watching cable do you have to put the TV on Channel 3 or 4?  or do you switch to a video input?  Is it that you have a splitter on the cable and the cable and the cable box is connected to ant. a and ant. b?  Let me know of the hook up and maybe we can sort this out before the week end.

Sharon138
In moving the TV to find out

In moving the TV to find out exactly how everything is hooked up. I was attacked by a pack of huge dusty bunnies. Long-story-short I - unplugged the TV, it stayed unplugged for about 3 hours (don't ask) and when I turned it on again everything worked the way it should. Larry - Thank you so much for your help and patience. I'm still puzzled why unplugging the TV for a few minutes didn't work but 3 hours without power corrected the problem, Oh well, just think how boring our lives would be if we didn't have these little mysteries. I don't know whether it was the long disconnect or the baseball gods but again thank you.

Larry Dillon
LOL!!  That Those pesky dust

LOL!!  That Those pesky dust bunnies!  Funny story.  To tell you the truth you did something we would have suggested as we have lots of times and that would be to try to unplug the set overnight , as that will reset the TV set if its going to. Well im glad the Microprocessor reset and fixed your TV.  tHE tIGERS HERE ARE DOING GREAT finally!!    Good Luck, and please come back when you have time, as we have tons of great storys and articles here all about gadgets and things. 

nocker
Hi all

Hi all

My niece has got a large screen plasma tv (sorry dont know make as it is branded by sky tv) hooked up to a home entertainment system which incorporates a dvd player and it in turn is hooked up to a sky + satelite system.

Recently the tv picture has started to distort and roll from top to bottom of screen. I checked all the conections and all seem ok to me. It is all hooked up by scart leads, could she have a fault in one of them, and would it be worth my while disconnecting every thing and starting again? Sometimes the picture come on ok for a while but then goes crazy again and is unwatchable. I believe the tv is about 4 to 5 years old. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks in advance Nocker 

fred12345
I HAVE A PHILIPS 60

I HAVE A PHILIPS 60 PROJECTION TV MODEL 60P8241 IT WAS WORKING GOOD UNTILL LAST NIGHT  . THE NEXT MORNING IT WOULDNT TURN BACK ON .IT TRIES TO COME THEN SHUT OFF AND POWER BUTTON BLINKS 2 TIMES I HAVE UNPLUGGED IT FOR A DAY STILL THE SAME THING . CAN ANYONE HELP AND IF SO CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT WHAT IT SHOULD COST TO HAVE IT REPAIRED THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

IndRick
I have a problem with my

I have a problem with my Panasonic CT-32HXC43 television. It's just over a year old and last month it suddenly went black. The red "on" light went off for 5 seconds, then began to blink for one second four times, then it stops for 5 seconds and then repeats. The only way to get it back on is to unplug it for a few seconds. Sometimes it stays on for a few minutes, sometimes just a couple of minutes. Other times it works fine for several days. Anybody got a clue?

Winsley Williams
I have a Toshiba Model

I have a Toshiba Model #CE36G18 I am getting sound but no picture 

notechmom
We have a mitsubishi bs that

We have a mitsubishi bs that has a yellow and blue shadow around all figures.I have no idea what I am duing.  Is this a fixable problem or do we get a new tv as my husband hopes?!:)

MightyWraithNine
I just bought a Samsung 40

I just bought a Samsung 40 inch LCD HDTV. I watch DVDs on my PS2 and the picture quality is very poor when hooked up with the standard cables. I have the "screen door effect", the picture is distorted and it looks very fuzzy. How can I solve this problem? Thanks.

Larry Dillon
notechmom,  If you can take

notechmom,  If you can take off the front screen, I would look at the mirrors and lens to see if they are dirty.  If you see like a 3-D effect with shadows around the image. maybe the convergence IC's are bad.  a picture of the problem would be nice to see.  good Luck, and let us know what you decide with this set.

notechmom
thanks Larry, I actually went

thanks Larry, I actually went in to try and "converge" the blue and yellow lines, and nothing much happened, it either got worse or "not better"!  It is kinda like a 3-d image but blue and yellow around all the figures. Just happend yesterday afternoon when I got home. has been fine before this. tv is about 5 yrs old.  I dont think I can take the front cover off. its a model#ws-55511 mitsubishi.  How will I know if the convergence IC's are bad?

I am just trying to be a hero here and get this thing fixed!:)

thanks for any help you can give me!  

sheppard
  I have a Zenith A25A23W TV

I have a Zenith A25A23W TV which has a green tint  that I am unable to correct with any correction in the menu. It has a dominant green tint that can not be corrected with 1. Color temp.  2. Color, or  3.Tint.

IS THERE A INTERNAL ADJUSTMENT FOR THIS.

THERE IS ALSO A FOCUS PROBLEM WITH THE SUB TITLES

Since I do photo restoration I am fully aware of what good color and sharp focus is all about

sheppard
sheppard said:    

sheppard said:    

First
Larry Dillon
notechmom,  Do you see a

notechmom,  Do you see a chassis number somewhere on the back?  If it's what Im thinking, you may have a convergence problem, therefore it will require that the IC's(convergence ) be replace.  I'm sorry to tell you though, that unless you have solid state printed circuit board repair experience,  this is not going to be a job for you.  There are no real user replaceable parts inside this TV set.  Please play it safe and call in a pro to assist you.   Good Luck, and keep us posted on the repair of this set or if you have any more questions.

Larry Dillon
sheppard, yes there is if it

sheppard, yes there is if it's not a weak or bad picture tube.  It's called a green red blue drive adjustment.  Not sure if this model has service menu to do this from, or if they will be small varable resistors on the crt driver board, or on the main Printed circuit board itself.  Good luck and let us know how you made out.

notechmom
Larry, Thank you so much for

Larry, Thank you so much for your help.  I am going to call someone in tomorrow. I'm Really glad to be able to sound like I know what I'm talking about a bit now when the  pro gets to my house.  All this tech stuff...I want it in my house but really dont like trying to figure it all out.  I'm thrilled to death to get it hooked up by myself!  Anyway really nice to get your help.I will keep you posted.Thanks again. (no chassis number,at least not spacifically noted) 

Larry Dillon
notechmom, no problem,  wish

notechmom, no problem,  wish I could assist you more in this matter.  It's always a good thing to play it safe with TV sets or anything electronic that the user has not alot of electronic circuit know how.  I'm sure with a little training you would do fine.  It is best not to experiment around the inside of these puppy's.  Good Luck, and yes let us know how you made out.

notechmom
Had someone out to my home

Had someone out to my home today to look at the tv...says something in the power source in the tv and the convergance IC is bad. Has to take the tv in shop to fix. 575.00 for repairs.  What do you think? Thats like half of what a new tv like ours would cost now.Does the  power source thing sound okay?

what to do...what to do....  

Larry Dillon
Thats a hard call notechmom. 

Thats a hard call notechmom.  It very well could be a possibility.  Oh the cost of repair, In my opinion, a bit steep.  But repair rates are going up as the fewer things get repaired.  i think maybe you should read a little thingy from the very intellegent we have here at techlore.com  Here  Hope this helps you make a final decision on if you want to invest in a set such as this?  Wishing you and yours a great Holiday season.

Swiftjd
I have a Panasonic 36" TV

I have a Panasonic 36" TV that has a black shadow on the left side of the screen going through the picture from left to right just below half way.  It isn't there all the time (about 80%), however it is there more than not..  It does go away with a brighter picture comes on.  What can I do to fix it besides getting a new TV??  Can you help me?  :) Please.

455 rocket
I have a zenith z56z83r8 60"

I have a zenith z56z83r8 60" tv.  When I bought it the guy said the IC was

bad.  the picture has shades of green, blue and red.  I need to take the

panel out so I can take it in and have it repaired.  There are five plugs on

the board.  I got the three plugs out for the green, red and blue on top

of the board, but cannot get the two black plugs out.  One has four wires and

one has about nine.  These do come off the board right and donnot seem to

be sodered on.  I don't want to break the board.  Any help would be appreciated.

Larry Dillon
swiftjd, I'm sorry I do not

swiftjd, I'm sorry I do not understand what you mean by a shadow moving across the screen from left to right.

Larry Dillon
455, make sure that the other

455, make sure that the other end does not unplug from another place.  I have seen this a few times on some registration modules.  Also what is the number on the board, as it may be less expensive to exchange the entire board with a rebuilt.

mary mc
my 3 yr old Toshiba 50 in" TV

my 3 yr old Toshiba 50 in" TV, model # 50H72 shows only the bottom half of the picture.  To repair or junk?  If junk, who or where to dispose of it?

mary mc

Pages

Connect With Techlore