KV-35XRB88 Will Not Turn On

38 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
I would not worry about that

I would not worry about that Al. Tristate has repaired tons of these and they know the difference from one or the other. Just send your model number with the board and they will know what to do.

IDOXLR8
Larry,  I got the power

Larry,  I got the power supply module back from Tri-state and a paper with the module read to check the horizontal output transistor on the main chassis and read also this could result in a future failure of the repaired power module.  How would I go about checking the horizontal output transistor?  Is this some thing fairly easy to do?  Thanks!  AL.

IDOXLR8
Larry,  I assume the
Larry,  I assume the horizontal output transistor is a soldered in part on the main chassis?  I'll look through the manual to see if I can find it.  I may need to get some professional help on this part because getting involved in this part involves high voltage with the flyback circuit,  AL.
IDOXLR8
Larry,  I tried to discharge
Larry,  I tried to discharge the line at the picture tube and found no voltage!  This I thought this was a bit strange.  Well any way I have the "A" board out and the H.O.T. should be here Monay.  Do find it a bit strange to see no voltage at the flyback line at the picture tube?  AL.
Larry Dillon
Nope, not if it has been

Nope, not if it has been sitting for a while.

IDOXLR8
Larry,  okay I do remember

Larry,  okay I do remember that now.  I have a few things going one home with two teenagers and car issues and forgot about you telling me about that (sorry about that).   Thanks for your follow up and continued support to the mindfully challenged LOL!  ,  AL.

IDOXLR8
Larry,  well I got two hours

Larry,  well I got two hours out of the Sony then it shut off.  I had it on from time to time for short periods of time then today was watching the NASCAR race and with out a warning it just shut off.  I think the power supply is the problem again.  I did all you and Tri-State Modules told me to do and still have a problem.  Any ideas?  Thanks,  AL.

Pages

Connect With Techlore