GOT MY FIXED - Mitsubishi WS-65869 green light blinking

41 posts / 0 new
Last post
St. Louis
After unplugging my

After unplugging my Mitsubishi 65869 for a vacation, received the green flashing light of death upon plugging it back in. Resetting did not work. Found and followed the link below for instructions to replace the 7 capacitors. Not to be sexist, but I'm a FEMALE who has NEVER done any type of electronics work. Once I got to the daughter board, I unplugged the 3 cap/pin sets and found someone at an electronics shop to do the desoldering and solderings work. His fee, $20. Cost of caps, $3.79. My time, @ 3 hours total. The feeling of avoiding a $700 repair fee or the cost of buying a new t.v., PRICELESS!!

Moral of the story ... NEVER unplug this set unless you're prepared to get these caps replaced.

You can do this! Just take careful notes of where everything goes (screw types, colors on pins, etc.) The link below has good pictures to follow. By the way, the capacitors will look perfectly o.k., but replace them anyway!

Here is a link to the PDF for anyone thats needs it!

http://hdtvoice.com/voice/showthread.php?t=32186

Good luck!

cowboymike25
replace 7 capacitors on dm

replace 7 capacitors on dm power board... dm power board located in large metal case where dtv rf input located board is marked take to radio shack they can help u get right parts it is easy to fix

helpmeto
My TV is doing the same thing

My TV is doing the same thing with the blinking green light. I had a tech come out and look at it. He said the lamp needed to be replaced for a tune of $600.00 dollars. I would really love to tackle this project on my own and fix the problem but I am confused at what the problem really is whether it's the lamp or what you guys are talking about.

trpnstn
trpnstn said: I bought a Mits

trpnstn said: I bought a Mits WS-65869 from my neighbor, plugged it in, green blinking light of death. I followed the instructions in the link above, removed the daughterboard, brought it to Franks TV Repair in Las Vegas, had the seven caps replaced (with 680uf instead of 1000uf per Mits Tech Support Bulletin) put it back together and it works!!! Thanks to Don for posting the solution. Saved me hundreds of dollars!!!

Update: After about 2.5 years of trouble free operation including multiple power outages, NV Energy changed our electric meter and blinking green light of death returned.  I guess Jamicon 680uf 16v caps were not the best choice, thanks Franks :-(.  Technical Service Associates (TSA) of Henderson replaced them with 1000uf 25v caps (forgot to note the brand), put it back together and it fired right up!  After a lens cleaning while I had it open, the picture looks better than before.  Paid $50 for the caps replacement, probably too much, but TSA was across the street from my office so it was super convenient, and they did it while I went to the bank to get cash.

Thanks to all for taking the time to share on these boards!

SGBoy
Larry Dillon said: Royal

Larry Dillon said: Royal Johnson,I always replace what is taken out with the same vale as it worked all,of these years with the 1000 uf @ 16 volts so The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!! Larry Dillon,

Larry-

I am following your advice on obtaining the kit after diagnosing the blinking green light on my WS-65869.  All was well with my system until the latest series of rapid power outages.  The installed power conditioner apparently didn't help with protecting the equipment.  I have inspected the rest of the system and the circuit boards beneath the guns and see no corrosion so I am hopeful that this will solve the problem.  In the meantime, a new 65" flat screen is scheduled to be delivered next week.  It was such a good price that it was an easy choice to have as a backup plan.  I don't even want to talk about how much the original Mitsubishi cost new.

Any helpful hints in performing the replacement or should I just wait for the repair kit?

-SGBoy

W-M3
IT WORKED!

IT WORKED!
Bought all the 1000uF 16V caps that they had in stock at the local Frye's. Picked up 2 more 1000uF 35V caps at the local Radio Shack on the same trip home. Put the slightly larger (physically) sized caps at the outboard positions. Success!!!!! I was not quite ready to replace the 65" Mitsubishi monster. Although it is huge depth-wise compared to the current products, I'm still very happy with the picture after all these years. Glad I do not have to rush to replace it. . . . yet. (Bought in May of 2002 for $3,527) Thanks everyone!

lrobb
I want to move my Mitsubishi

I want to move my Mitsubishi 65869 to the basement. Does anyone know if the top (screen) part of the tv can be detached from the bottom cabinet (speakers)? If so, how?

Big Fe
The service manual is

The service manual is available from the Techlore archives.

Derrick Mann
I have the same green

I have the same green blinking light on my Mitsubishi 62 inch. could someone email me the instructions so I can fix this issue?!

evil
For blinking light repair you

For blinking light repair you need to order a kit from the website below.

Pages

Connect With Techlore