GOT MY FIXED - Mitsubishi WS-65869 green light blinking

41 posts / 0 new
Last post
utbbchamp
GOT MY FIXED - Mitsubishi WS-65869 green light blinking

Hi Larry, It looks like another one bit the dust.

This probably the same problem other members had, the green light blinking.

My WS-65869 just went bad today, the green light blinking. I unplugged the tv for about 2 weeks to work on the living room. When I plugged it back in today the green light kept blinking and did not stop. I tried to unplug and plug back it in several times, and even System-reset, it still didn't help.

Could this be the same problem that other members had and fixed using your file/hint?

I would appreciate any help/advice you can give.

My e-mail address is [email protected].

Thanks.

mighty mouse
Had anyone here owned this

Had anyone here owned this model and experienced this problem before?
or does anyone know if this TV model problem is the same with the other Mitsubishi's model and know the solution please help.
Any help would be appreciated.

mighty mouse
For most of the Mitsubishi

For most of the Mitsubishi HDTV rear projector with green light blinking Follow this and you maybe able to find your help there.

http://hdtvoice.com/voice/showthread.php?p=183325#post183325

Thanks guy. I got my fixed too.

After replacing all the caps (7 of them), I mounted the board back in the DM box.

Powered up and it stopped blinking after about 1 minute. Turned it on, there was sound but no picture. The TV did not response to the remote control for about 30 seconds it turned off and reset by itself. This time it blinked for about 30 seconds and voila, it went back to normal. I turned it back on and let it play for about 2 hours. I turned it on and off a couple of time to make sure it’s working alright. NICE job guy. Thanks again.

breakaway
I cannot believe that

I cannot believe that Mitsubishi is not taking resposibility for the green blinking light problem I had a tech replace my convergence tubes only to find out my WS-65869 does not work anymore and that there are no available parts. I too have a blinking green light and was told it is a board problem yet it was just working fine before the replacement of the convergence  and we live in the middle of nowhere Please help or send instructions.......... [email protected]

djculley
Could someone please send me

Could someone please send me the repair instructions for my Mitsubishi Medallion WS-65869. I have the green blinking light as well.

Thanks,

David

[email protected]

trpnstn
I bought a Mits WS-65869 from

I bought a Mits WS-65869 from my neighbor, plugged it in, green blinking light of death. I followed the instructions in the link above, removed the daughterboard, brought it to Franks TV Repair in Las Vegas, had the seven caps replaced (with 680uf instead of 1000uf per Mits Tech Support Bulletin) put it back together and it works!!!

Thanks to Don for posting the solution. Saved me hundreds of dollars!!!

funkkeman
does any one know how to make

does any one know how to make this t.v run in 1080i? im having trouble with it right now it's at 480i stretched

tomp
Hi i am new to this could

Hi i am new to this could someone please send info on how to remove the dm board thanks [email protected]

tomp
Hi i am new to this could

Hi i am new to this could someone please send info on how to remove the dm board thanks [email protected]

MadMit
Yesterday I came home and

Yesterday I came home and found the light blinking on my Mit WS 65869. For the last day and a half, I been on the internet to see who else has this problem and obvious a lot of people do. I had my TV for six years problem free until now. After research I decided to remove the back panel and the middle circuit board with all the capacitors to see what the problem is. One of the capacitors is burn and according to my Fluke 88 meter is has an open circuit. There three 1000 mf 200 wv capacitors with on bad. Having two other capacitors identical gave me an opurtunity to compare on the the other and that's how I was able to determing which part was bad. My next step is to find the parts hopefully at a radio shack and have an electronics repair shop repace the bad parts. I'll keep you posted.

Madmit

Las Vegas
Followed the instructions on

Followed the instructions on the link: http://hdtvoice.com/voice/showthread.php?p=183325#post183325. WOW! it worked like a charm, total cost $12.00, plus the gas to drive to Radio Shack. Great FIX!

Pastor Troy
I am so thankful. You guys

I am so thankful. You guys rock! I followed your steps with the added pictures, everthing was just as you guys said. From the start to the finish. Cost: 10.00 for soldering Iron, 10.00 desoldering tool, about 2.00 for the 8 capacitors the most expensive cost was the two day shipping (13.00) for a total of 35.00! The repair shop was going to charge me a minimum of 450.00 for pick-up & delivery of the Mitsubishi, and to run the diagnostics. At 99.00 per hour, they said I'd be looking at seven to eight hundred dollars at least! Thanks to you guys it cost me 35.00 and the wife is calling me her knight in shinning armor... means I might get lucky tonight! Life is grand!

Larry Dillon
Las Vegas I see that all

Las Vegas I see that all those who use Radio shack capacitors will be crying in a few months if not sooner as the DM is no longer available so do not use the 85 degree C, use Caps ONLY THE 105 degree C Capacitors!!!

Rusty2000
I was quoted $700 to fix my

I was quoted $700 to fix my WS-65869. So I figured I'll try and learn how to solder this stuff myself. If I fail, Oh well the TV is worth $0 already.

I paid:

$17 for the soldering iron, holder, and solder.
$5 for 16 capacitors. Only needed 8, but I figured better to have extra.

Total cost of repair $22 after tax and 1.5 hours of labor. I have never soldered before, nor do I have a vice or other tools to work with. I dreaded having to do this thinking there is no way I can get it to work. I regret why I didn't do it sooner.

Larry Dillon
Great news from some other

Great news from some other techlore members!!!!!! Hope you all did not use those cheap Radio Shack capacitors??
Larry Dillon

Bill5000
Thanks for all of the great

Thanks for all of the great info. I have a WS-65869, purchased in 2002, that also has the blinking green light problem. I read all these posts and decided to replace the 7 caps on the DM board. I replaced the existing caps with 25 volt, 1000 uF, 105C rated caps from Panasonic.

After plugging in the tv at a wall outlet to try it out the light stopped blinking after about 1 minute. At that point I thought things were fixed, so I unplugged the tv, hooked up all the source connections, and replugged into my surge protector. Unfortunately, the green light continues to blink again. I think I'm back to square one. I tried bypassing the surge protector: no good. Tried reset button, etc. Nothing works.

Does anyone have any advice on my next best option?

Larry, if you see this post and have any ideas I'd love to hear from you. My email is: [email protected]

Thanks,
Bill

Larry Dillon
let it blink for at least 2

let it blink for at least 2 to 3 minutes this is a normal boot up time.

Bill5000
Actually, it will blink for

Actually, it will blink for hours without stopping. I have left it unplugged for a couple days. Then tried powering up again. The blinking light will not stop.

Is there something else in the DM power supply to troubleshoot? Is there supposed be 12 volts across these caps?

Thanks,
Bill

Larry Dillon
no not 12 volts but check the

no not 12 volts but check the surface mounted fuses on the solder side of the board.

Bill5000
Okay. I will check these

Okay. I will check these fuses with an ohm meter. I did notice that, when I had the board out for cap replacement, these fuses were on the top side of the board for my 65869.

Thanks,
Bill

Larry Dillon
OK great!!! Also do not use

OK great!!! Also do not use the Radio Shack capacitors!.
Larry D

Bill5000
Larry,

Larry,
Before I opened up the tv again to check the fuses, I thought I'd plug it in one more time. Strange but true, the blinking light stopped blinking after awhile and I was able to power up the tv. Works fine. I'm tempted to try unplugging then plugging back in to see if it is repeatable, but I'm afraid to try it. Not sure exactly what is going on here. Anyways, the tv is working for now.

One thing I would like to add. When I went to buy replacement capacitors I did not know what physical size until I dismantled the board and measured the original caps. Here is what I found for the WS-65869:

Seven total caps. Caps were 10 mm in diameter with 5 mm lead spacing. A quick measurement of the DM module showed that there was about 25 mm of headroom to accommodate the height of the new caps.

I purchased the new caps from Digi-Key, part number P5544-ND. These are 1000uF caps manufactured by Panasonic and rated for 25 volts and 105C. The height is listed as 20 mm.

Thanks for all your helpful posts. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the tv will continue to work.

Thanks,
Bill

Larry Dillon
you might have had a loose or

you might have had a loose or misplaced plug or connector which happens all the time or perhaps a poor solder connection on the DM Board try it again unplug it after you put back together the entire set. then unplug it for overnight. then plug it in and see if the light stops blinking after 75 to 90 seconds. if so then try turning it on on you know you Fixed your set. and saved a load of cash man!!!!!
LARRY DILLON

Royal
I also have a Mits. WS-65869

I also have a Mits. WS-65869 with the green blinking light problem. One e-mail above indicates that the capacitors should be replaced with 680uf instead of 1000uf capacitors. I'm looking for advice on which size I should use.

Royal Johnson
Helena, MT

SRo2118
I have the blinking green

I have the blinking green light problem after the electric company fixed a box outside my house and disconnected power. My WS-65869 is completely opened up but I have no idea where to go from here. The caps do not look "bulged" but who knows. I am playing with it to see if I can fix the darn thing. If not its trash! figure id try to learn something! :) Please help on where I go from here. The tv is from my dads house and old but I do love it in my apartment! and moving it in was pure HELL! hate to see it completely dead 2 months later!
HELP! Thanks!
[email protected]
Steph

Larry Dillon
Royal Johnson,I always

Royal Johnson,I always replace what is taken out with the same vale as it worked all,of these years with the 1000 uf @ 16 volts so The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon,

Royal
Larry Dillon said: Royal

Larry Dillon said: Royal Johnson,I always replace what is taken out with the same vale as it worked all,of these years with the 1000 uf @ 16 volts so The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!! Larry Dillon,

Thanks Larry.  I followed your advice and although I was a little apprehensive about taking a soldring iron to my TV I completed the task  and it worked.  After not haveing the big TV working for about 6 months my wife is really happy and thinks I'm a genius. Royal.

Chuck Palek
While I would agree that the

While I would agree that the instructions posted were great and very detailed, I unfortunately was not able to get mine working. It wasn't the exact same model and it only had 4 capacitors versus the 7 as documented but I compared the notes in great detail and saw how they were numbered very similarly on the daughter board. I have no idea how often anyone checks this board and most likely I'll have purchased a new TV by the time someone does.

Disappointed in Ohio :-(

Larry Dillon
If you had of sent us a note

If you had of sent us a note telling us that we sent you the wrong instructions you would have received them immediately!!
Larry D.

Avg Joe
Had the blinking light on my

Had the blinking light on my WS-65869, followed the instructions from...

http://www.jeremyburns.com/Mitsubishi-Green-Blinking-Light-Fix.pdf

with caps ordered from Digi-Key, part number P5544-ND. Worked like a charm. Thanks a million.

Jeremy didn't have any experience soldering before he made the repair and his PDF was short on advice for making good solder connections. When you solder the caps...

Hold the tip of the iron to the pcb board contact and the cap lead to heat both. Put the solder on the other side of the cap lead, not touching the iron. The cap lead and printed circuit board lead should be hot enough to melt the solder if you do it right. The trick is to get the metal you want to bond to a high enough temperature to bond with the solder. Don't hold the iron too long on the board (not > 15 sec, 5-10 sec should do) or you'll burn the board, the cap, or a neighboring chip. Sandpaper off the tip of your iron to remove any old flux, which will limit your heat conductivity. Put a dab of solder on the tip of your iron to help transfer the heat to the board/cap lead.

Don't be too afraid, this is pretty hard to screw up... read directions, use common sense :)

Larry Dillon
yeavhe took what I was giving

yeavhe took what I was giving out and put it into a PDF mine was in a microsoft document!!!
Larry Dit is word for word of my document, really no biggie someone is always trying to take somerthinginto theirs.
Larry D.

Pages

Connect With Techlore