Mitsubishi ws-55813 Green Light blinking...

557 posts / 0 new
Last post
mendella
CalRich said:

CalRich said:

JoeUSMMA said: Larry, Hello again. More troubleshooting for my WS-55813. It turns out there were no bad fuses. I have already replaced the capacitors and checked the seating 100 times and it is a good connection I am certain. Yet still a blinking light. I was just looking again, and i finally saw it. There is a crack in the board beneath the DM Module, possible preventing the DM from connecting up to the other unit I am fairly certain it cracked when removing putting it back in because it worked for a minute or two then stopped. Now it won't work at all no matter what I try. I think I may have to give up. Any Advice? Joe [email protected]

Joe,
 Send your phone number by private message to CalRich and I will give you a call to see what I can do to help you.
 Rich

Rich could you also help me.  I too have a droken DTV board.  Mine is beyond repair I'm affraid.  I found one place that sells one but maybe you know where I could find a used one.  Thanks

CalRich
Stoney277,

Stoney277,

In the case of joeusmma my expertise lies in difficult board repair. Having been to NASA Specifications Soldering school I have the knowledge and skill to do fine work restoration and have done some hi-reliability work in the past. Joe has some local resources that can handle the size and type of repair he has. I've given him some techniques on how to do the quality work needed for a long term repair.

I saw your link for a replacement board:
https://www.ued.net/ued/addItems.do?itemCode=MSB934C068001
and given that it's only $127.40 when I looked it up, it's not a bad price to pay to get the set running again, even though the web site is showing a 3 week lead time. I don't think that I would want to save $25 to $50 and then trust a used part if it were available.

Like everything else it just a cost benefits trade off, and I would save difficult repairs for the irreplaceable boards. Other than that stick with quality parts and quality repairs and you will not have to deal with the repair twice.

Rich

mendella
Hey thanks guys. I was going

Hey thanks guys. I was going to get the new board but thought you never know maybe someone had one they gave up on. Thanks again. I'll let you know if I get it working.

bassassin5
Help! I found this by chance

Help! I found this by chance and am glad I did. I have the WS-55813 and the light is blinking, but no picture. Larry, help! lol Please send to [email protected].

mickdtv
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Well another SUCCESS story! I too had the dreaded blinking green light. I had to wait 2 weeks for my electronics supply house to re-stock the new capacitors, but as soon as I received them I had a NASA certified technician do the repair work on her home bench. I was tempted to do the work myself and it sounds like a fairly easy task, but she offered and she has the tools and skills. I think I was very lucky to have her do the work. Can you believe that it would have cost me $1000.00 to pay for a service call, a new board and then an install charge! Instead it took me about 1 hour to remove the board (being very careful), about 15 minutes for the replacement capacitors to be installed, and about 30 minutes to put the board and TV back together. Initially the green light kept blinking - Oh no I thought! But I re-seated the DM board, re-installed the cover, checked all the cables making sure I didn't accidentally disconnect or damage anything. Everything looked great - I closed up the back cover, plugged the TV in watched the green blinking light stop - hit the power button and viola - I'm back in action! 55 inches of awesome picture! Cost to do the repair; 1 hour dis-assembly, $5.00 in new capacitors, 30 minutes re-install, $25 Applebees gift card to my NASA technician, and 55" of HD picture - PRICELESS.

Mick
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
congrats fls eally good to

congrats fls eally good to save big cash like that,

EMorse
Hi Larry, I have a similar

Hi Larry, I have a similar problem with a WS-55813. The never ending blinking green light. Any chance you could send me the repair manual? My father had a tech over who said the DM board had to be sent to Mitsubishi, but I told him I'd take a look at it.

noxcbot
hey larry .. so after reading

hey larry .. so after reading this post i find myself in the same situation.. i have a ws-55813 that was working fine just a few days ago.. today i have moved it from my houses in the city to my bros house in the burbs.. we brought it in and hooked it all up and BAM.. the blinking green lite of death... it seems as though the repair could be cheaper than calling for a service call ( 85 bucks + 30 bucks every 15 min). If you could email the repair manual id appreciate it..

thanks

nox

noxcbot
sorry email is noxcbot@aol

sorry email is [email protected]

thanks

busterbro
the blinking green light of

the blinking green light of death strikes once again. could u please email me the repair manual. [email protected] thanks in advance seemed to help a lot of others

busterbro
blinking green light of death

blinking green light of death strikes again. could u please send me the repair manual? thanks in advance seemed to help everyone else
[email protected]

ScottW
Larry,

Larry,

I seem to have the same problem here as everyone else for my WS-55813. Would you be able to send me the file too? If i don't have much soldering experience, would you recommend I hire a tech to fix it?

Thank you so much for your help.

Scott
slw55a yahoo com

Doin12volt
Larry,

Larry,

Just thought this was a bit interesting, your "famous" .....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mitsubishi-WS-55909-55-in-HDTV-1080-TV-NEEDS-REPAIR_...

Bill L321
Larry,

Larry,

Another one here with green light issues with my WS-55813. Would be ever grateful if you would also email me details on how to fix this issue. Email address: [email protected]

I'm on the technically challenged side; anyone in the St. Louis area that has made this repair and would be interested in making this repair for me for a reasonable fee?

Bill

Hallinan
I have the ws 55513 and we

I have the ws 55513 and we have the green light and the tv will not come on , can we get the repair manual please

KCJerryD
Add another to the list. I

Add another to the list. I need instructions for the fix as well. I have the 48513. Thanks!

[email protected]

Partsman41953
I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem on my WS-55813 of the green blinking light. I went to turn it on last night and went through the process of turning the set off, hitting the menu button, and the reset button but nothing has happened. Please let me know what I can possibly do to correct this problem.

Thanks.

Larry Dillon
I could send you by e-mail If

I could send you by e-mail If I Knew it.

Partsman41953
Larry,

Larry,

My email is [email protected].

Thanks

ScottW
Not sure if my email address

Not sure if my email address came up clearly.

it's slw55a 'at' yahoo 'dot' com

I'm trying to avoid spam trollers by not posting the full email address... Thanks again.

-Scott

3badgirls
Larry,

Larry,

Another one with green light issues with my WS-55813. Would be ever grateful if you would also email me details on how to fix this issue. Email address: [email protected]

Thanks,
Pat

KCJerryD
Larry,

Larry,
Let's try another email address. I have trouble with the spam filter on the other one.

[email protected]

Thanks!

Partsman41953
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I am not sure if you were having a problem with my e-mail or not.

[email protected]

Thanks,

Glenn

Craig713
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

After Hurricane Ike and the power outage here in Houston, I am suffering the Blinking Green Light issue on my WS-55813.

Please send me details to fix at [email protected].

Thanks!

Paul Mannon
Larry,

Larry,

Trying to fix a television (for free) for a friend. Television is a Mitsubishi 55, i am not sure if it is the WS-55813 or WS-55613.
It sits powered with the green power light just blinking. Any help is appreciated [email protected]

Thanks

dlhw53
i have the green light issues

i have the green light issues with my WS-55813, itried reset,etc nothing works. anyone know how to fix this.

rograbbit
Larry,

Larry,
I am having a similar problem to the several listed, also with my 55813. Could you send me the instructions, and also clarify that this is a general fix, not a fix only for TVs that won't reset? My TV will eventually reset after a power outage, but it takes so long it's annoying and frustrating. Thanks

[email protected]

leadspace
wow, I read all 17 pages and

wow, I read all 17 pages and I certainly think this problem is incredible. Yikes!

My TV, 65 inch, having same problem. It worked, then didn't then did....... may I please ask that you send me directions as well?

email [email protected]

God Bless and thank you!

jacob0550
Hey Larry,

Hey Larry,
I have the blinking green light of death on a mitsubishi WS-55813, I posted a forum earlier, and you needed my e-mail address for the fix, so it is [email protected]
Thanks a million,
Jacob

CalRich
rograbbit said: Larry, I am

rograbbit said: Larry, I am having a similar problem to the several listed, also with my 55813. Could you send me the instructions, and also clarify that this is a general fix, not a fix only for TVs that won't reset? My TV will eventually reset after a power outage, but it takes so long it's annoying and frustrating. Thanks [email protected]

WP,

Let me try to separate the problems for you.

If your TV takes about 1 minute of green blinking light from pressing power to seeing picture this is normal when your tv is setup in Low Energy Mode. To get your tv to startup in 10 seconds you will need to go to the Main Menu in the Startup section and choose Standard Energy Mode (pg 57 owners manual). 

If you are seeing a green blinking light for about 1 minute, only after a power outage, this may be normal as well, since the tv does have to do a complete diagnostic and cold boot process at first plug in.

If your tv has a continous green blinking light and will not power on, then you absolutely need to change and upgrade the capacitors to get the set running again. Post your request, model number and e-mail address to get a copy of the repair guide from Larry Dillon.

If you have a WS- Series or or other similar model mentioned in any of the "green blinking light" threads (such as your WS-55813) you should get the applicable repair doc from Larry and change and upgrade your capacitiors TODAY before your tv fails.

I can see hundreds of tv's from posts on this web-site, and possibly thousands more in the field that we don't know about, that have failed for this overstressed capacitor problem. I suspect that over time the failure rate will be near 100%, and that your set is not far from that time.  Just look at the numbers.

Rich

Pages

Connect With Techlore