standby light blinks four times. I have replaced IC8003(LA78045). (the
board number is A1302708A)
After replacing the IC I am still experiencing the same problem as the
standby light is still blinking four times. I am asking if you can
assist me with the problem and a service manual will be greatly
appreciated. thanks in advance.

Larry Dillon
If that is the vertical IC,

If that is the vertical IC, you will need to also check the b+ feed coming from the sweep power supply. Hopefully the supply did not burn out the new IC. Also in these TV sets you have resistors as well as capacitors that can go bad at the same time. I do have a service manual but you left no place to send it? You could go and buy one at servicemanuals.net if you do not want to leave an e-mail address. Good Luck

Matt Whitlock
the b+ voltage is 24volts.i

the b+ voltage is 24volts.i replace c8005,c8006,c8153,c8015.when i checked pin 1 there was no pulse on la7845.vertical drive is on R8237 but zero on the othe side.my email address is [email protected]    thanks in advance

Matt Whitlock
Larry Dillon said: If that is

Larry Dillon said: If that is the vertical IC, you will need to also check the b+ feed coming from the sweep power supply. Hopefully the supply did not burn out the new IC. Also in these TV sets you have resistors as well as capacitors that can go bad at the same time. I do have a service manual but you left no place to send it? You could go and buy one at servicemanuals.net if you do not want to leave an e-mail address. Good Luck

the b+ voltage is 24volts.i replace c8005,c8006,c8153,c8015.when i checked pin 1 there was no pulse on la7845.vertical drive is on R8237 but zero on the othe side.my email address is [email protected]    thanks in advance

zapdbf
check pin 3 and 5 of cn8006

check pin 3 and 5 of cn8006 for vertical dirve(oscilloscope i am assuming you have one), pin 3 is + drive 5 is - drive. if they are missing then possiably cn4 is not plugged in tight, this is a common problem with this set.

also you have two power supply voltages for the vertical drive ic on this set 

check pin 4 and 7 for + 15 and - 15 volts to the vertical drive ic

you have to check these voltages and the pulse before the set goes into shutdown.

24 volts is not correct for this tv.

Matt Whitlock
zapdbf said: check pin 3 and

zapdbf said: check pin 3 and 5 of cn8006 for vertical dirve(oscilloscope i am assuming you have one), pin 3 is + drive 5 is - drive. if they are missing then possiably cn4 is not plugged in tight, this is a common problem with this set. also you have two power supply voltages for the vertical drive ic on this set  check pin 4 and 7 for + 15 and - 15 volts to the vertical drive ic you have to check these voltages and the pulse before the set goes into shutdown. 24 volts is not correct for this tv.

i dont have my oscilloscope with me.how much voltage should i expect from the b+ ?

+15 and -15 volts are there.the pulse stop at r8237 i dont know the value of that resistor

zapdbf
two b+ voltages pin 4 is one

two b+ voltages pin 4 is one and pin 7 is the other one is +15 volts the other is -15v

zapdbf
r8237 is a 1 meg ohm and not

r8237 is a 1 meg ohm and not the main signal path the main signal comes from r8147 and then through r8041 then to r8032 then to pin 7 there is both a pos and negitive drive on pins 7 and 1 respectivly.

Matt Whitlock
zapdbf said: r8237 is a 1 meg

zapdbf said: r8237 is a 1 meg ohm and not the main signal path the main signal comes from r8147 and then through r8041 then to r8032 then to pin 7 there is both a pos and negitive drive on pins 7 and 1 respectivly.

sorry for that misleading information.do you have a service manual for this set?my email is [email protected]  what value is R8147, R8041 and R8032. how much voltage should i expect on the b+ and output?

zapdbf
i think you are headed in the

i think you are headed in the wrong direction those resisters almost never go bad. Sorry, our contract with sony won't allow me to distribute the manuals. but i am trying to help, the horizontal output's power comes in on pin 7 and pin 1 one will be +15 to ground the other will be -15 to ground. you need both voltages for the ic to run.

Matt Whitlock
zapdbf said: i think you are

zapdbf said: i think you are headed in the wrong direction those resisters almost never go bad. Sorry, our contract with sony won't allow me to distribute the manuals. but i am trying to help, the horizontal output's power comes in on pin 7 and pin 1 one will be +15 to ground the other will be -15 to ground. you need both voltages for the ic to run.

thanks for helping me so far.where do i go from here?any ideas?

Matt Whitlock
Larry Dillon said: If that is

Larry Dillon said: If that is the vertical IC, you will need to also check the b+ feed coming from the sweep power supply. Hopefully the supply did not burn out the new IC. Also in these TV sets you have resistors as well as capacitors that can go bad at the same time. I do have a service manual but you left no place to send it? You could go and buy one at servicemanuals.net if you do not want to leave an e-mail address. Good Luck

my email:[email protected]

zapdbf
faceface said: zapdbf said:

faceface said:

zapdbf said: i think you are headed in the wrong direction those resisters almost never go bad. Sorry, our contract with sony won't allow me to distribute the manuals. but i am trying to help, the horizontal output's power comes in on pin 7 and pin 1 one will be +15 to ground the other will be -15 to ground. you need both voltages for the ic to run.

do you have those voltages on pin 7 and pin 1 of the horizontal output ic? - if not then we need to find out why the supply is missing. if you do then we need to look at the horiz drive pulse.

Matt Whitlock
zapdbf said: faceface said:

zapdbf said:

faceface said:

do you have those voltages on pin 7 and pin 1 of the horizontal output ic? - if not then we need to find out why the supply is missing. if you do then we need to look at the horiz drive pulse.

these are the voltage from IC8003-pin1:0,pin2:17.4,pin3:-18.1,pin4:-18.8,pin5:0,pin6:16.7,pin7:0

zapdbf
ok pin 1 = 0 and 7 = 0 means

ok pin 1 = 0 and 7 = 0 means you have no power to the ic. let me look at the skit and get back with you

Matt Whitlock
zapdbf said: ok pin 1 = 0 and

zapdbf said: ok pin 1 = 0 and 7 = 0 means you have no power to the ic. let me look at the skit and get back with you

ok.im presently looking at the pdf file for la78045

zapdbf
on cn5004 on the g board pin

on cn5004 on the g board pin 1 should have -15v and pin 3 = +15 check to see if you get these voltages at that connector

Matt Whitlock
zapdbf said: on cn5004 on the

zapdbf said: on cn5004 on the g board pin 1 should have -15v and pin 3 = +15 check to see if you get these voltages at that connector

pin1 -18.8volts and pin3 +17.5 volts

zapdbf
ok good, that means the ps is

ok good, that means the ps is producing voltage, there is no component between cn5004 and pin 1 & 7 of the horiz output ic. so there might be a bad trace (open circuit) from that connector to the horz output ic check the board where you solered in the ic and see if you have a broken trace

Matt Whitlock
zapdbf said: ok good, that

zapdbf said: ok good, that means the ps is producing voltage, there is no component between cn5004 and pin 1 & 7 of the horiz output ic. so there might be a bad trace (open circuit) from that connector to the horz output ic check the board where you solered in the ic and see if you have a broken trace

is it the horzontal output or the vertical ic?

zapdbf
sorry "vertical" output my

sorry "vertical" output my bad

Matt Whitlock
zapdbf said: sorry "vertical"

zapdbf said: sorry "vertical" output my bad

ok. pin1  from cn5004 goes to pin4  and pin 3 goes to pin 2 of the vertical ic.    pin 2 is + volts and pin4 is - volts of the vetical ic

zapdbf
ok after examining the skit

ok after examining the skit that look good, and your voltages are ok, i tried to do this with out the skimatic and there is a version of this ic that used pins 1 and 7 for the voltages that is where i got that from, sorry. it is pin 2,4,6 (6 being the "pump up") and the voltages look ok to me.  from your previous post.  it is a dirive pusle problem. either missing or not correct.

here is the pin out of ic 8003

1= negitive drive pulse

2 = +15 volt supply

3 = not connected pin(shows wire connected but block diagram of ic shows not used)

4 = -15 volt supply

5 = vertical output

6 = pump up or +15 volts

7 = Positive drive pulse.

there is a service bulliton about cn4 on A board being loose causing no 9 volts to ic 309, which will

prevent the drive pusle from being generated, check pins 55 and 61 of ic309 on the a board for 9 volts. the cn4 provides 11 volts for the 9 v regulator on A board.

Matt Whitlock
zapdbf said: ok after

zapdbf said: ok after examining the skit that look good, and your voltages are ok, i tried to do this with out the skimatic and there is a version of this ic that used pins 1 and 7 for the voltages that is where i got that from, sorry. it is pin 2,4,6 (6 being the "pump up") and the voltages look ok to me.  from your previous post.  it is a dirive pusle problem. either missing or not correct. here is the pin out of ic 8003 1= negitive drive pulse 2 = +15 volt supply 3 = not connected pin(shows wire connected but block diagram of ic shows not used) 4 = -15 volt supply 5 = vertical output 6 = pump up or +15 volts 7 = Positive drive pulse. there is a service bulliton about cn4 on A board being loose causing no 9 volts to ic 309, which will prevent the drive pusle from being generated, check pins 55 and 61 of ic309 on the a board for 9 volts. the cn4 provides 11 volts for the 9 v regulator on A board.

sorry for  the  delayed response, i was out  of  the country for a  few days. i found a cap that had short- (16v -100uf) c443 that goes across pin 61 and 55 on IC309 on the A-board. afer replacing the cap i was only getting 2.7 volts. however that was incorrect. i tried to trace it back to the regulator but was unsuccessful. i believe that there is a resistor in line that had lost its value. the service manual that i have did not have the scematic diagram for IC309 on the A-board. i sent 9 volts to pin 55 & 61 and the set came up nicely. i still need to find the 9 volts source . a lot of thanks and respect for your help. if you have any problem and need assistance, please do not hesitate to e-mail me.

zapdbf
Glad to see that you found it

Glad to see that you found it, it probably is the regulator. Finding the shorted cap could have loaded down the regulator causing it to malfunction.

Larry Dillon
That 9 volt regualtor does go

That 9 volt regualtor does go bad in these sets. I have replaced several of them over the years.

Matt Whitlock
Larry Dillon said: That 9

Larry Dillon said: That 9 volt regualtor does go bad in these sets. I have replaced several of them over the years.

the regulator is not bad,tracing the line from pin 61 and 55 back to the regulator is giving me hell.

Matt Whitlock
zapdbf said: Glad to see that

zapdbf said: Glad to see that you found it, it probably is the regulator. Finding the shorted cap could have loaded down the regulator causing it to malfunction.

the regulator is ok,the line from pin 61 ond 55 back to the regulator is giving me hell.i think that a resistor on that line as lost its value

Matt Whitlock
zapdbf said: Glad to see that

zapdbf said: Glad to see that you found it, it probably is the regulator. Finding the shorted cap could have loaded down the regulator causing it to malfunction.

ok,the regulator seems to be ok.tracing the line from pin 61and 55 is giving me hell.

Larry Dillon
If the schematic does not

If the schematic does not show any parts along the way, simply connect a wire from the regulator output to the IC.

Pages

Connect With Techlore