Green light of DEATH

119 posts / 0 new
Last post
mikeee
Blinking green light of death

Blinking green light of death. very nice. I just inherited a ws 55813 and "the light" is probably why. I'm not a jack of this trade and the only soldering I do is a for water flow purposes... If anybody has step by step w/ pretty pics and a bottle of patience, please send to [email protected]. Again I will need all info you can give me. Or if you live in the san antonio area.........$/hr?  Cool

Larry Dillon
mike, no need man. I have a

mike, no need man. I have a document you can or should b able to follow without to much trouble. Good Luck with the repair. I will send them to you man.

ronc
Larry,  I have just suffered

Larry,  I have just suffered the blinking green light of death this weekend after a power outage. Any docs  and or manuals for this would be much appreciated. mitsu # ws-55859 email [email protected]  thanks in advance for any help you can give, Ron

jimmy p
Larry,

Larry,

My TV ws 55813 flashing green light has started and now the tv won't turn on.  Can you please send me the needed repair instructions so I can resume the life I like to live news, sports, and more sports.         

Greatly appreciated in advance!  Jaime

Please email to [email protected]      Thank's again!

Larry Dillon
Jimmy, I will be sending out

Jimmy, I will be sending out the repair information to you shortly. Good luck with the repair.

ronc
Larry, any info for the ws

Larry, any info for the ws-55859 with blinking green light - will not turn on ?

[email protected]

thanks / ron

piks
To Larry,  Skip again. Iam

To Larry,  Skip again. Iam sure that the DM board is seated good on my ws 55813. I do not have a blinking green lite now have no lite or operation of this TV. I have checked the fuses on the power supply and they all meter good. I check the fuses on the DM board, they check good also. Need help, I do not know where to go next. Please, Thanks Skip. [email protected]

Larry Dillon
OK If you are sure. But I

OK If you are sure. But I have heard that many many times.  Best way to tell though would be to remove the case and insert the board and see if it works. If it does work, unplug the set before installing the cover. The only next thing is to make sure all of the standby power supply sources are present. If they are, the DM is blown. Sometimes the surging of the capacitors will fry a couple of chips on the DM. If this is the case, you will need to contact ptscorp.com, get the telephone number and call them and then send the DM to them as they will rebuild and repair for about 175 bucks. Still better then 800 bucks for a new one.

CubanX
HI Larry,

HI Larry,

I have the blinking light issue also. We have had short term blinking issues in the past but those usually cleared up within a few minutes.  Now however, the light keeps on blinking...... We have tried the resets and the unplugging for hours on end but nothing is working.

I am guessing it is the same as all the rest of the problems i have seen on your site. 

Would you please email me the directions to fix this problem? [email protected]  The model number is a WS65513.

Thank you so much,

Cathy S. 

Larry Dillon
Sure Cathy S. The repair

Sure Cathy S. The repair documents are one their way. Good Luck with the repair.

Eric Daugherty (not verified)
    Okay in my previous post

Okay in my previous post about my mitsubishi ws-55513 blinking green light i replaced the capacitor with the same type 1000uf 16v 105C  the TV work fine but if u unplug it green light again okay i remove the DM again and put it back tv work fine didn't unplug it but after i wake up in the morning green light again. I went to electronic store and purchase another 4 capacitor with higher voltage (1000uf 35v 105C) after i arrived home i went directly to the TV remove the DM Module and remove the new capacitor that was installed previously and i installed the new capacitor and FINALLY the tv works smoothly now. To those ppl that  put their DM Module with 1000uf 16v 105c if u still having problem just install a capacitor with higher voltage which is the 1000uf 35v 105c.

Garas

Larry Dillon
Garas, I do not think that

Garas, I do not think that your problem had anything to do with the high voltage rating on the capacitors. These capacitors in this TV set only carrys about 3 to 12 volts on them. The voltage does not matter as LONG AS YOU DO NOT go below the rated supply voltage of that circuit. It is the value that is very important. You most likely had a DM board that was not seated all the way in, one of the capacitors was defective or had a low value, or the likely culprit is most likely a bad connection on the DM board capacitors or a blug connection. but I am glad to hear you sorted out your problem.  Congrats!

Jerradp
HI Larry,

HI Larry,

I have the blinking light issue also. I have had short term blinking issues in the past but those usually cleared up within a few minutes.  Now however, the light keeps on blinking...... I have tried the resets and the unplugging for days.

I am guessing it is the same as all the rest of the problems i have seen on your site. 

Would you please email me the directions to fix this problem? [email protected]  The model number is a WS-55813.

Thank you so much,

Jerrad P.

Larry Dillon
I will have those out to you

I will have those out to you in a short while Jarrad. Good luck with the repair.

steve16
Larry,

Larry,

This is Todd. You helped me in the past fix my Mits. ws55813. I had replaced the 4 capacitors and all seemed fine. Then it started to show on the screen the volume level go all that way up then the screen would go black, flicker, show a fuzzy screen and then show the picture again. I would then reboot the dm module several times before the tv would turn on. Now it will do the same and rebooting the dm module obtains  no fix.  We left it off for a day and a half now it seems to be working fine. I went shopping for a new tv today but when I got home I realized that I just want to fix MY tv. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!! 

Larry Dillon
Todd, leave an e-mail address

Todd, leave an e-mail address and I will send you the repair documents so you can save at least 8oo bucks to a grand! Not really a hard repair to do.

steve16
Larry,

Larry,

[email protected]

Thanks!!! 

ssdowning
Hello!  We have a WS-55511

Hello!  We have a WS-55511 model.  We have a blinking light issue - however our tv does turn back on.

While we are watching TV, you will hear a "poof", then the TV will turn itself off - the green light will start blinking usually for under a minute.  When it stops blinking, you can turn the TV on.  Sometimes the TV will stay on for 3 hours and then sometimes it will only stay on for 10 minutes. 

We've been reading a lot on line about the capacitors and fuses.  We checked the capacitors on the DM Power board and they all seem fine.  The fuses all seem to be fine as well, none of them appear to be open (I assume this is how you would know if the fuses are not good - please advise me if there is another way to check).  However we did notice that on the back of the DM Power board there was brown stuff on it, almost looks like dried up grease.  It was not under the capacitors, it was under location L9B01, which is a black round piece that has "2R7" written on top - and under location C9B00, which is a small brown piece - looks like a brown M&M with two metal legs sticking out and has "F104Z" written on it.

Tried calling Mits about this two parts but they had no info.  Called around and nobody seems to know what these items could be.

Does anybody know what these parts are?  Could this be what is causing my "poof" and power outage?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Susan 

Larry Dillon
Nope I'm afraid you could

Nope I'm afraid you could still have bad capacitors Susan. It does not always show up as "puffed" capacitors. CHANGE THEM! They only cost a quarter a piece man! You could be heading down the road to a 1000 dollar repair because you did not SEE anything wrong. You certainly will though when you get a repair bill for 1000 bucks a little bit down the road. Don't take a change for a few bucks. The capacitors will not always look like they are bad. The first sign of them going bad is for the set not to work after a power lose or being unplugged for a small amount of time, but when you plug it back into the wall, the light will blink for a hour or so instead of the normal minute or so. CHANGE THE CAPACITORS!!

ssdowning
Okay...will do!!!

Okay...will do!!!

Just one question though - I have 7 capacitors that are 1000uf 16V - Everyone seems to be talking about switching the capacitors to 35V (which is the lowest V Radio Shack has), but my husband wonders if this could cause more problems down the road.  Do you think it's safe to increase the volts by that much or should we find capacitors online that are 16V?

Thanks again,

Susan 

Larry Dillon
Nope again Susan, change all

Nope again Susan, change all seven with the high temp type I recommended. Radio Shack capacitors are the cheapest things you can buy, and do you really want to trust your expensive DM board(1000 BUCKS!) to cheap China made capacitors? It is not worth the time changing them to a higher voltage, as there is never over 6 volts on them anyway. You listen to everyone, you lose, you listen to me, most of the time you win. LOL

ssdowning
Hi, Larry - sorry to bother

Hi, Larry - sorry to bother you again.  But I went online to mcmelectronics to purchase "1000uf 16V Hi Temp Radial Capacitors" but they are out of stock and their lead time is 21 days...I'd like to get these capacitors and fix the TV sooner than that!!!  So I was wondering if you could recommend another site, or is their a specific brand you've had success with - there are so many capacitors and I want to make sure I get the right one.  If you have the part number, that would be great! 

Thanks!

Susan

Larry Dillon
Susan, go to the website link

Susan, go to the website link I am leaving you. I left this on in the original e-mail I sent toy you.

http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=140-HTRL16V1000-RC%09

ssdowning
Thanks...ordered them last

Thanks...ordered them last night.

Could you please send me the service manual and repair docs to replace the capacitors? My email is [email protected]

Thanks again!

Susan 

CubanX
Catndktn said: HI Larry, I

Catndktn said: HI Larry, I have the blinking light issue also. We have had short term blinking issues in the past but those usually cleared up within a few minutes.  Now however, the light keeps on blinking...... We have tried the resets and the unplugging for hours on end but nothing is working. I am guessing it is the same as all the rest of the problems i have seen on your site.  Would you please email me the directions to fix this problem? [email protected]  The model number is a WS65513. Thank you so much, Cathy S. 

Well, How do I start out? I know....Thank You so much for the information you sent Larry. I followed the directions. Ordered the parts. Cost me $8.00. Had a friend come over with his soldering equipment and we fixed it. However, a litlle side story at the end. We did what we were supposed to do. Replaced the capacitors and checked the fuses. Fuses were good. Plugged it in and same blinking light. We tried reset and everything. It didn't work. My buddy went home and I came up to the computer to get on the site to try and figure out what to do from there. When all of a sudden I heard my wife yell at me saying it was working. She was down cleaning by the set and decided to plug it in . She walked around to the front and guess what ? NO BLINKING LIGHT. So I am assuming that we just did not let it reset long enough. Don't know why, but at this point dont care. It's a fix and i really appreciate your help. I recommend to anybody with this problem to attempt the repair. It was actually easier than I thought it would be. And it was actually fun. Also the inside of the TV got a good cleaning.

Again ty....you have made my day !!!

Devin Shecklen

Larry Dillon
Devin, so glad to hear you

Devin, so glad to hear you repaired the TV set. Yes it does take sometimes over a minute or so for the light to stop flashing and for the DM to boot up.

ssdowning
Larry...we finally got the

Larry...we finally got the capacitors and replaced all 7 of them on our WS-55511 Mitsubishi.  Unfortunately, it didn't solve our problem.  The TV works fine excpet for the fact that it just keeps turning itself off.  After it resets itself, we can turn it back on - but then it will turn itself off agian.  I also hit the "menu" and "device" button, and got a code "12" which is "no error detected" ... any ideas?

Susan

Larry Dillon
Sorry Susan, your farther

Sorry Susan, your farther then you were with the blinking light. Now there is probably a secondary fault. MMM Possibly a power regulator problem.  If you can, Find the MAIN AC fuse where the cord comes into the back of the set. Take out the fuse and install a 150 watt light bulb in a socket across the fuse and let me know what happens. Does the set pulse on and off or is there any funky things happening on the screen? Maybe convergence going out?

CubanX
Larry Dillon said: Devin, so

Larry Dillon said: Devin, so glad to hear you repaired the TV set. Yes it does take sometimes over a minute or so for the light to stop flashing and for the DM to boot up.

Hi Larry,

Just to let you know..  We Truly appreciate all your help with our TV.

Thank you so much!

Cathy and Devin Shecklen 

melike2_sail
I have the blinking light of

I have the blinking light of death on my ws55813 could you please send me the needed instruction. Thank you. you are the man. [email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore