Green light of DEATH

119 posts / 0 new
Last post
steve16
Larry,

Larry,

I replaced the capacitors and now the tv works. Now the sound control will not work.

What I am VERY angry about is that the tv costed me $4,000.00. Something that costs $4,000.00 should last more than a year maybe 15 years. That in my opinion is EXTREMELY unacceptable thats all. Yes it was my choice to purchase the tv but I was going under the impression that it would last a long time. They have a part that should have been recalled.

steve16
Larry,

Larry,

RE:(If the TV set blinks with volume level, there is a capacitor in the power supply that provides the voltage for the audio output IC going bad, or the audio output ic is bad. I do not have a clue why this is for you now. I have seen stranger problems then this.) 

Where is the bad cap located in the power supply or the bad rc?

Thanks for all of your help.

Regards,

Larry Dillon
If the TV does NOT blink or

If the TV does NOT blink or show any problems when the volume is turned down all the way, most likely, this is not going to be your problem. But if the set only acts up with the volume turned up,  there is a capacitor, C9A58 in the main power supply that needs to be check and replaced. This is your 17 volt line that is feeding the b+ to the audio output IC. The Power supply is on the same board that has the convergence ICs on them. This IC is standing up on a heat sink and is marked on the board as being IC3E01. If you change the capacitor, and the same problem occurs, replace the audio output IC. First though, measure that 17 volt line with the volume down, then with the volume turned up a bit.  Make sure none of the speaker wires came off and are shorting against anything, as this would also cause your symptom. oh they only do recalls like on cars for safety issues. I do know what you mean as being disappointed, but this is what it is and there is not a lot you can do in the end my friend. Check these parts and we can go from there.

Larry Dillon
dyannem, I have sent you the

dyannem, I have sent you the documents you requested.

B
Hi Larry, you seemed to have

Hi Larry, you seemed to have fixed a lot of peoples TV's and saved them big $'s. I would like to fix my WS-55813 that also has a blinking green light. Would you mind sending me the doc? if it is the BlinkingTV.pdf doc, then I tried this and i did not appear to work, do you have any other suggestions. The caps were bulging a bit.

Thanks,

Larry Dillon
Those directions do not

Those directions do not include a service manual and the Blinking light fix tells you a bit more. Those are someones attempt to usde the docs I use and not giving all the info.  You have to make sure that the DM is pluged back into the nother board correctly. There are also a couple of surface mounted fuses that need to be checked inside the DM board. Good Luck

Phill's Girl
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

My Mitsubishi WS-813 also has the blinking green light.  Could you please email me the factory service manual and the documents to replace the capacitors?  My email address is [email protected]  Thank you!

George

ichiban209
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Like one of many, i also am experiencing the G.L.O.D. on my Mitsu ws55813.  Over the past few years it would randomly turn off the tele, blink for about 2mins, stop blinking and I would be able to turn the tele back on.  This time, to my surprise, it hasn't stopped blinking.  If you would please send out info on the DiY-4cap fix to [email protected] (0 in 209 is zero) it would be greatly appreciated.

Larry Dillon
ichiban, I will send them to

ichiban, I will send them to you in this afternoons mailing of these documents. Good Luck

Phill's Girl
Larry Dillon said: Concider

Larry Dillon said: Concider it done George. Good Luck

Hi Larry,

Thank you for for sending this.  Unfortunately, it looks like my company blocked what you sent to me.  Could you resend the info to my home email?  I had asked for the factory service manual and the documents to replace the capacitors for the Mitsubishi WS-813 that had the blinking green light issue.  Thank you so much, and I am sorry for the inconvenience.  My home email is [email protected]

George 

Larry Dillon
I have resent the info to

I have resent the info to your home e-mail address. Good Luck

Rckclmber75
The number of requests for

The number of requests for the DM repair documentation is incredible.  I am inhereting my dad's 55813 because this "timer light" blinking problem happened over thanksgiving weekend and he promptly went out and bought a 58" plasma...good excuse to upgrade, in his mind.

At any rate, Larry, I would really appreciate the instructions, if you would please, to [email protected]

Thanks,

Corey

Larry Dillon
Corey, I am sending you out

Corey, I am sending you out the repair documents as well as the factory service manual so after you repair this large screen TV set, you can see how the screen comes out so you can clean off the three lens and mirrors inside this beast! Good Luck with this repair.

nasawest
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I to have the flashing green light on a 4 year old WS55813.  Would you please be so kind as to forward your instructions to [email protected]?

Thank you,

Andy

Larry Dillon
Andy, The documents and the

Andy, The documents and the service manual are on thier way. Good Luck with this repair.

TracyH
Hey there, looks like I am

Hey there, looks like I am yet another person in need of the repair instructions for the Blinking Green Lights on the 55813. Could someone share the good news and send them to me at [email protected] thanks so much.

Larry Dillon
They will be out on an e-mail

They will be out on an e-mail shortly. Good Luck with the repair.

powerman
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I also have the 55813 with the blinking green light. You seem to be wise on these tvs, Could you also share the repairing of the four capacitors that need replacement with me. My email is [email protected], thanks so much.

piks
I to had the blinking green

I to had the blinking green light on my ws55613 tv. I changed out the four caps on the right board I think. Now I have no green light and no power up either. I need some help please. Thanks [email protected].    Skip

pilot1107
Death light:

Death light:

I am a new member.  I was looking around the net for a fix.  I have the WS65613.  came home from a trip and found out house had lost power.  the green light keeps blinking and no change after reset.  Can someone please send me the instructions to repair.  I greatly appreciate it.  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Pilot, I will send out the

Pilot, I will send out the info to you later this evening. Now, Skip, what board did you change the caps on. Did you put the caps in right? You know there is a polarity to them correct?

powerman
hello there, I have the ws

hello there, I have the ws-55813 and am also getting the green light blinking. Im sure I can fix it with the help of someone who has the documents on which capacitors to replace. I would realy appreciate it if you could email those [email protected]  thanks 

Larry Dillon
Powerman, I sent that info to

Powerman, I sent that info to you this morning. Good Luck

ajy
Larry Dillon said: Powerman,

Larry Dillon said: Powerman, I sent that info to you this morning. Good Luck

Larry,

we are having the same blinking light with our mitsubishi ws-65713 tv. It is only 3 years old. It was working fine and we just had it moved downstairs and the problem with the green light started. Do you think it could be the capacitors  or maybe just something loose?  Can you send us any information that could help us repair this ourselves. I know they always want to tell you it is the dm board off the bat but I hope that isn't the case.  Thanks for your help.

alex

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
That's the first sign that

That's the first sign that the capacitors are going bad inside the DM, when the TV set gets unplugged and then the green light will not stop flashing after it is plugged back in to the outlet. I will send you along the service manual as well as the repair documents. Good luck with the repair.

Orvy
I also am having the issue

I also am having the issue with the green light on my Mitsubishi TV, sorry I do not have the exact model # with me I am at work right now, but it is a 55" if that helps any. Its approximately4 -5 years old, and has just started the green light thing. I am not mechanically inclined at all, and would not like to spend a fortune on TV repair, I would rather just buy a new TV. However if this repair is fairly simple I would be willing to give it a shot.  Is there anyone who could email me the destructions...I mean instructions that I have seen so many others on this site recieve? My email address is [email protected], thanks in advance!

Larry Dillon
Sorry man, I need a model

Sorry man, I need a model number, as there are different repair documents for different models and I cannot send you out the different service manuals for the 5 to 6 different model numbers.

piks
To Larry Dillon,    From Skip

To Larry Dillon,    From Skip,  ws55613 problem, I believe I changed the caps on the DM board from what I have read in tech lore, The board I worked on is facing the back of the TV was on the left standin up inside of a shield cage.  If you have any pictures and or diagrams, it would be helpful. could use pictures of the whole chasie (spelling ?]. I want to check thew fuses in the power supply as suggested.Thanks Skip  [email protected]

piks
To Larry Dixon,  Skip again,

To Larry Dixon,  Skip again, I am sure the caps I replaces are in  correctly polarity  wise. these caps do touch each other due to them being larger in size. I am experinced in soldering.  Thanks, Skip

Larry Dillon
Skip, I just heard from two

Skip, I just heard from two people that replaced the same capacitors and the light still was blinking. Go back and make darn sure that you have the DM seated correctly into the main board. That is what their problem was also.

Pages

Connect With Techlore