Sony KP-57HW40 Convergence

125 posts / 0 new
Last post
brian2831
i have a sony 57HW40 and

i have a sony 57HW40 and convergence is out on one side only starting at the center and going to the left side of the screen.. would this be one ic bad?
any help would be appreciated.

vulona71
Larry,

Larry,

Could you pls send me the service manual for KP-57HW40? From all the discussion threads, I think I need to change STK392-560 and may be some fuses. I see convergence problem which can not be solved by auto focus.

My email address is [email protected]

Din
I to would also like to

I to would also like to request a copy of the KP-57HW40 service manual (emal address [email protected])replaceded the STK's with 392-570, per the data sheets, this hsve a higher power rating than the original 392-560. Convergence improved somewhat, green still not lined up.... will not auto focus. Did not change out the Pico Fuses and the resistors ....please advise.

many thanks

Desn

Din
I to would also like to

I to would also like to request a copy of the KP-57HW40 service manual (emal address [email protected])replaceded the STK's with 392-570, per the data sheets, this hsve a higher power rating than the original 392-560. Convergence improved somewhat, green still not lined up.... will not auto focus. Did not change out the Pico Fuses and the resistors ....please advise.

many thanks

Din

Larry Dillon
Din, those IC"s you used have

Din, those IC"s you used have a higher output gain so you will probably need to touch up mecanical centering as described in the service manual, and that can be found in techlore's technician's corner under the resources tab on the home page. It is always better to replace the parts taken out with original replacement numbers, so this does not happen, as when you dont you are re-engineering the sets circuitry. REPLACE THE PARTS YOU TOOK OUT WITH THE SAME NUMBERS!!! Thats the best advise I can give you at this point

pulsarbird1
I am having a problem with

I am having a problem with the green even after changing the IC's. I have a green stripe down the right side. I can see through it. I can not get to move. Any ideas? It is full length from top to bottom about 4 to 6 inches wide.
Thank you for any assistance.

Larry Dillon
A pictre is worth a thousand

A pictre is worth a thousand words, It could be a bad resistor in the convergence circuit.

rike
Hi All,

Hi All,

For a while, KP-57HW40 would flash blue and eventually shut off. Section 3.1 has focus block adjustment for retrace and worked like a charm although it seems they are backwards left to right, depending on where you are trimming!

Pic is now great however the

Larry Dillon
THAT IS A TEMPORARY FIX it

THAT IS A TEMPORARY FIX it will shut down again soon enough as the blue tube needs replacing,

smed
I have a kp-57hw40 that i had

I have a kp-57hw40 that i had repaired a year or so ago for the flashing red and turning itself off problem. It worked great for a few days and then got progressively worse but was livable. Now I have a new problem. When I turn on the tv the screen comes up white/gray with the picture there but very hard to see and there are a few sets of arced lines in groups of 3 with 1 red 1 blue and 1 green thin line. the tv turns off within a few seconds then there is a blue blossom and 8 blinks or the led. I never paid attention to the blinks before so I don't know if it was always 8. I was told by the tv repair shop over the phone- without seeing the tv that new ICs and a focus block would fix this problem. Does this sound right. I can solder jewelery and read manuals/ follow directions, can I fix this myself? Help please! This is a great site by the way. Thank You

Kris Kros
Just like the rest of the

Just like the rest of the gang, I need a copy of KP-57HW40 service manual. Kindly send it to my email address as entered in the form.

The red signal is out of sync and it creates a double image.

Thank you in advance.

Joe

Larry Dillon
I do not see your e-mail

I do not see your e-mail address Joe??
Larry Dillon

Kris Kros
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Please send the KP-57HW40 service manual to [email protected].

Larry Dillon
that manual is available from

that manual is available from the technicians corner as a free download under the resourses tab on the home page.
LARRY dillon

Kris Kros
I got it, Larry. Big thanks.

I got it, Larry. Big thanks. Now, I have to peruse this manual and see if my red double vision problem can be solved without calling a trained technician.

Larry Dillon
sure it can you don't need no

sure it can you don't need no stinking technician for this set!!!!!The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICÂ’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made ICÂ’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases,

dirtjunkie
I am confused on where to

I am confused on where to disconect the 2 red power wires that go to the d board. Can someone point me in the proiper direction? I am removing it to have the ICs replaced.(saving some dough on the repairs)

henry
could you send me the manual

could you send me the manual for this tv as well
i need the schematic for one, the screen grows red and then powers down
after a few min, then blinks, 6,8 times,
i was told 6 by the husband and 8 by the wife, haha
anyway sounds like current is running out of control and causing an overheating
problem, would like to see what i'm looking at while i'm inside of it,
thanks
[email protected]

ScottyK
I also have a KH-57HW40 with

I also have a KH-57HW40 with a convergence problem.  Would it be possible to get a service manual emailed to me at [email protected] ?  It would be greatly appreciated.  Help as I am going to miss my bowl games today :(

DISREGARD: I found the manual that you so kindly posted in the Resources section.

sdavis
I am having the covergence

I am having the covergence problem. I attempted to go in and reset the screen as noted in the procedure given in this discussion. I get everything as said until I get to the grids. It refers to a center key on the remote. I have a ball looking "joystick" for lack of a better term. No matter if I push it or move it, it only changes the 00 in the upper right hand corner to 01 and back. That is it! I have tried pressing the #3 and it does nothing either. I'm stuck. HELP!!! Thanks!

Kingtut
Hi Larry, Would appreciate if

Hi Larry, Would appreciate if you can send me a copy of the 57HW40 service manual. Thanks so much.

** Please disregard

Dave in Keego
I am experiencing a

I am experiencing a convergence problem with my Sony KP-57HW40 TV. I see 3 images and using the Flash Focus feature does not fix the issue. The picture often self-corrects after 45 mins of operating.

Any thougths on the root cause of the problem? Where can I find a free repair manual? Thanks!

Larry Dillon
that service manual is

that service manual is available in the techlores technicians corner off the home page then the resourses tab.
The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK IC'S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made IC'S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!

Dave in Keego
Great. I did see see another

Great. I did see see another note regarding the convergence kit and ordered it yesterday. Thanks for the help!

sdavis
I am in the same boat as a

I am in the same boat as a lot of you. I have the kp-57hw40 and it has several of the problems you have listed. It has red arched lines that go across the screen (not too distracting), it has a red tone to the picture that comes and goes, but is getting worse, and it shuts itself off and blinks 6 to 8 times at random times (can't figure out a pattern or reason). At one point when it shut itself off, the picture went to the three different color images. I downloaded the manual and fixed that. I am stuck with the rest of this. The manual wasn't much help with the rest of it. I'm not sure if it is the "cov." issue everyone is talking about or if the color tubes. Every once in a while the TV will blink blue before it shuts off. Most of the time it is red, though Should I even mess with it? Thanks for any help!!!

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, please go here: http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry
no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK IC'S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made IC'S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon.

Mattj11879
I am also having a

I am also having a convergence problem with my kp57hw40. If you could send a copy of the service manual I would really appreciate it. [email protected] thanks!

Jferg
My sony kp-51ws510 has the

My sony kp-51ws510 has the convergence issue that I have read about on your forum. At first it would only happen when the tv was first turned on, about three minutes, then go back to normal. Yesterday it did not go back to normal for several hours so I took your advice and order the repair kit from tvrepairkits.com (great website! Thanks).
After ordering the kit, the tv decided to go back to normal. This seems odd to me and it doesn't seem like I have bad ic's or fuses since the problem is intermittent.
This tv had the convergence problem about 3 years ago and I took it to the local tv tech. I am sure they told me they replace the ic's but is it was a while ago.
Please let me know if I should replace these parts or does it sound like another problem altogether
Thanks for your website and forum! It is a great service to us and I will tell everyone I know about you!

phurry
WOW ... I'm gonna spred the

WOW ... I'm gonna spred the word also, about "techlore.com". Can I get a copy of that service manual also ? My convergence just went out. It looks good in the center but then seperates as it arches outward (the 3 colors). All colors sererate from each other.
Please send the copy to: [email protected]
Thanks soooo much .............

phurry
OK everyone .... I used this

OK everyone .... I used this out-dated information (which really "still" apply's).. and got fantasic results.
My 57 inch projection sony is back up and running and is better than ever. Much brighter (because the lenses were really dusty), much more crispy .. the high definition is fenomimnal.
I followed all the instructions and replaced the IC's and peco fusses and "WALLA"
I read and re-read all the info you "TECHS" supplied and took action...THANKS EVERYONE

Pages

Connect With Techlore