Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
abmorawitz
Hi There. I recently started

Hi There. I recently started to google the fact that my mitsubishi TV (model WD-65732) will all of a sudden turn off. I just wait for a few minutes and then turn it back on. So...I saw some of the blogs about getting some capactiors that are under $10.00. Now, with that being said, I have a few questions...1) do you know if this would be the problem with my TV and 2) i'm a 28 year old woman and I doubt I know how to install these things, but I am not interested in paying TONS of money for someone to do it for me...any thoughts or suggestions? I know you were sending some folks directions...could you please send me anything you have? thank you so much - [email protected]

RobertCol
Well I have fixed part of the

Well I have fixed part of the problem. I replaced the CAPS on the board and put it back together. The light blinked for about 70 secs and went off and the power supply booted up...yay...sort of. NOW the secondary click is no happening. You know the one where the second fan turns on and the lamp creates the picture....what do I do now? Any thought would be helpful. I have a steady green light and no picture.

Thanks,

Bob

Larry Dillon
Bob are you sure of that

Bob are you sure of that model number??
Larry D.

RobertCol
Sorry Larry, I am working

Sorry Larry, I am working with a WD52525

aj horst
please email me the

please email me the instructions at [email protected]

Larry Dillon
so you posted under the wrong

so you posted under the wrong model number that is why what you told me made no since at all!!!!????
Do you need info on that DLP model?
Larry D.

RobertCol
Any help you could offer

Any help you could offer would be VERY much appreciated. I don't know what is wrong.

jstencil
Larry can you please send me

Larry can you please send me the instructions to thanks

[email protected]

shmoee
I have a WS55513 and pulled

I have a WS55513 and pulled the DM module out and made a similar mistake as jgar made back on page 81 of this thread (dated April 30, 2009)! I have 4 swollen caps but I also broke inductor L9B21 on the same card. It is the square coil right in the very bottom corner of the card. The service manual I have doesn't indicate what the part number is for this coil. There is another one that looks just like it called L9B22. I don't know if they have the same value but they are physically identical and are co-located in the bottom corner.

The main DM card with the swollen caps has a sticker with number ws-555136290137. Would anyone help me identify this part? I'm feeling a little down now as I have no way to identify this partnumber. By the way, I replaced 7 caps on a different mitsubishi TV, part ws-55859 and it fixed its blinking light problem also. Thank You [email protected]

shmoee
I cant believe I knocked

I cant believe I knocked inductor L9B21 off of my ws-55513 dm module. Could anyone possibly provide me with a part number for this coil?

RobertCol
RobertCol said: Any help you

RobertCol said: Any help you could offer would be VERY much appreciated. I don't know what is wrong.

Larry,

Any ideas on how to fix my WD52525 Paper Weight?

Thanks!

Bob

ritmo
Larry can you send me the

Larry can you send me the manual or steps to replace the cap pleasse.iknow how solder .i fix ipods

Larry Dillon
would you happen to have a

would you happen to have a good used I pod with a cable to transfer music on my computer and to plug into the small jack on my car system??
please contact me at techman32k at yahoo dot com and I will send them to you
THANK _YOU!!!
Larry

ctimez4
Larry, I've got a WD-52725

Larry, I've got a WD-52725 with this blinking green light problem. Can I get a copy of this manual too? Also will the manual show how to get to the board? Thanks!

Larry Dillon
The post your asking on will

The post your asking on will not get you the right manual for your set!
Larry

bill b
Same problem with the

Same problem with the blinking green light. The set is the Medallion 2002 approx. Please send the repair instructions to me. Thank you, Bill

Tony Franks
This message is for Larry

This message is for Larry Dillon, Larry I have a WS-65315 and when I turn it on the light stays on for a second then shuts off. The person who gave me this TV said the little green light just kept blinking for them but the set would not come on. If you could please send me the capacitor replacing instructions I would appreciate that. [email protected]

kris macek
larry ive got the dreaded

larry ive got the dreaded blinking green light prob and was wondering if you could send me those instructions. Your help is greatly appreciated.my email is [email protected]

thanks

kris macek
larry wondering if you could

larry wondering if you could send me those instructions for fixing the green light prob.my email is [email protected]

thanks

VJSViking
I am new to the site so

I am new to the site so forgive me if I am not following proper protocol in posting my problem to the correct thread. I was hoping I could obtain advice on a TV repair. I have a Mitsubishi WS-65511 that has worked fine up until this morning. It no longer powers on. If I unplug the power cord and plug it back in the green power light flashes rapidly for about one minute and then stops. If I try to power it on after this sequence I get nothing. I've also tried the depressing reset button immediately following the power on sequence I just described and I get the same result. The set does not power on.

I read elsewhere on this site that this may be due to failed capacitors (4 or 7 depending upon TV model)in the DM module. I have some prior experience soldering so I'd like to give the repair a try if the experts think it is indeed the capacitor problem.

My email is [email protected]

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! Many Thanks!

Larry Dillon
on the model you listed there

on the model you listed there are seven capacitors that need to be replaced in the DM board but from what you describe you also might have bad convergence ic's
The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, click here please:
http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!, if the cap replacement still yields the same error unsolder the convergence ic's and see if the light stops flashing and if the set starts up.if the light still flashes the DM could be defective.But unfortunately the DM is no longer available for this model of set!!!!!
now the light is suppose to flash for about a minute or so before the light stops so do not get discouraged if you plug in the set and the light is still flashing

VJSViking
Larry,

Larry,

Thank you very much for your advice. I will acquire the kit and give this a try.

myphonehastheflu
Larry,

Larry,
I've enjoyed reading the thread and at least I don't feel alone for having the blinking green light with no picture. Amazing what you pay for a model that goes out after 4 years. I see the thread dates back to August but was hoping you might be willing to send your instructions to [email protected]. It's obvious you've been very kind to many and you'd have my sincere thanks as well.
Dave

VJSViking
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

Thank you again for your guidance. I received the capacitor kit for my WS-65511

I did the capacitor replacement this evening. It was very straightforward as you mentioned. The bad news is my TV still does not power on to the point where I get a picture. I get the following:

When I plug the TV in the green light flashes for about a minute then it goes out.
Nothing happens when I push the power button.
When I activate the Error Code sequence I get a "1 flash" followed by "2 flashes".

Is there anything else that you might be able to recommend I try next?

Thank you so much!

Vince

ldap16
Larry ,

Larry ,
Same Problem here, Can you please send repair insructions [email protected]/[email protected]

Tom Stoflet
Hi Larry: I noticed some of

Hi Larry: I noticed some of these comments are from 2007, but they pertain almost exactly to my Mitsubishi Model 55909 I bought new in July 2002. All I did was unplug it last week to move while I was installing new carpet and plugged it back in. I then got the dreaded green blinking light problem. The authorized service guy came out today for a prepaid visit of $150, and without even taking anything apart told me it was a bad DM circuit. Ouch! I wish I had researched this on the web before calling the authorized Mitsubishi service guy. At any rate, the service guy told me the DM module is no longer available for my TV. I emailed Mitsubishi today about trying to get a DM module, and am waiting if they have one. I'm an engineer so I should be able to follow instructions. Any other comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this TV cost over $3,000. If you have any suggestions, please let me know at [email protected]. Thanks.

perk2010
Larry I have the same problem

Larry I have the same problem with my tv to could you please send me the repair instructions too. thanks

[email protected]

Zach Brown
Larry, can you please help me

Larry, can you please help me I changed my caps and the tv still won't power on just flashes the green light once then twice right when I plug it in. Thanks for the help Zach.

VJSViking
Problem solved!!

Problem solved!!

Well after changing the 7 capacitors on the DM module board for my WS-65511 Istill had the same problem. Plug in; Flashing green light for 60 seconds; Light goes out but the TV still wouldn't turn on.

I reached out to another site and found out the following. If the flashing green light stops after 60 seconds or so the DM module has probably booted up fine. This can be verified by activating the error code mode. If the return code is 1,2 then by and large the majority of components are fine.

If you pop off the front grill that covers the speakers you'll find two wiring harnesses that supply the front panel buttons. Disconnect the two harnesses, power up the TV and then after 2 minutes (you won't see the green light blinking because the front panel is de-activated but the DM module still needs it's 60 seconds to boot!) turn the TV on with the remote!

BINGO! My TV works. No cost (I don't plan to replace the front panel) and job done in all of 5 minutes!!!

While I certainly didn't cause any harm by changing the capacitors, I could have avoided the time, expense and risk of monkeying around inside the TV if I had tried this first!!!!

calmtommygun
Hey Larry, I've got the green

Hey Larry, I've got the green blinking light now also...Could you please send me the info at [email protected]? I would appreciate it greatly!

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore