Mitsubishi WS-48511 no response to controls

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
screen
Mitsubishi WS-48511 no response to controls

THE TIMER LIGHT JUST KEEPS ON BLINKING AND I CAN NOT TURN THE TV ON BY CONTROL OR BY PUSHING THE BUTTON ON THE TV, I DID THE RESET AND NOTHING IT JUST KEEPS ON BLINKING. I TURN THE TV OFF BY UN PLUNG IT AND PLUG IT BACK ON AND NOTHING TIMER LIGHT JUST KEEPS ON BLINKING....

Larry Dillon
Well, how much solid state

Well, how much solid state repair experience do you have.  I may have a circuit fix, but only is you can deal with soldering and printed circuit boards. if you want to try the fix, and think you can do it. Simply post an e-mail address and i will forward you the DM board repair.

sdezara
Larry Dillon said: Well, how

Larry Dillon said: Well, how much solid state repair experience do you have.  I may have a circuit fix, but only is you can deal with soldering and printed circuit boards. if you want to try the fix, and think you can do it. Simply post an e-mail address and i will forward you the DM board repair.

[email protected]

jacefrey
Mitsibishi 50" rear

Mitsibishi 50" rear projection model vs5082, 9years old. The problem started about a week ago. Any button on the unit control or remote takes up to 15 minutes to complete the command; for example, click the remote or the power button on the unit and the power light comes on in 5-15 minutes, same with volume, mute, or channel change. The picture is great, once I get it on, and if I get the input to let the dvd player work, I can change channels through the dvd remote, but still no volume control except with the aforementioned delay.

Anyone familiar with this problem?

3John

phil4607

Larry Dillon said: Well, how much solid state repair experience do you have.  I may have a circuit fix, but only is you can deal with soldering and printed circuit boards. if you want to try the fix, and think you can do it. Simply post an e-mail address and i will forward you the DM board repair.

Hi Larry,

I am experiencing the same problem (timer light flashing but no picture or sound) I have a Samsung HCN473W. No warning signs, just quit on me.

All help is appreciated.

phil4607
Irok said: Larry Dillon

Irok said:

Hi Larry, I am experiencing the same problem (timer light flashing but no picture or sound) I have a Samsung HCN473W. No warning signs, just quit on me. All help is appreciated.

I should add, when I attempt to turn on, there is no power light, just the timer light stays lit for 3-4 secondsm then flashes 9 times. And that is about it!

phil4607
Does anyone know the fault

Does anyone know the fault codes for samsung rear projection?

Larry Dillon
Irok, You may want to go

Irok, You may want to go inside the TV set, that is if you have any repair experience on solid state printed circuit boards, and unplug the convergence board. Then try and turn on the TV set.  Make sure though that before you unplug any boards or take off the back of this TV set that you unplug the set.  If you do get picture and sound after you unplug the convergence board, you will need to go farther and repair or replace the convergence board.  Samsung does not have this complete board available any longer. You could get in contact with ptscorp.com and see if they have an exchange board or maybe they can repair it for you. Good Luck, and let us know how this repair turns out for you.  Oh by the way, If you had of started a thread on this set instead of posting on a Mitsubshi thread you would have gotten an answer a lot faster. Cool

phil4607
Thanks for your response

Thanks for your response Larry. I disconnected the board and did get a picture.

I'll let you know if I find a replacement.

Larry Dillon
cool! So now you know where

cool! So now you know where to go from there.  You can simply replace the STK392-404 IC's on the convergence board.  You can get those from HERE You will need two of these.

Franki
Larry,

Larry,

I am having the same green power light flashing problem on a Mistubishi WS73713.  Can you send me the info on the fix.  Thanks

Franki
Larry,

Larry,

I forgot to give you my email.  You can send directions to [email protected].

I spoke with a repair shop and they indicated they could repair the DM board (replace capacitors) for $550. 

Thanks, again

Larry Dillon
They are on their way. Good

They are on their way. Good Luck with the repair.

jcostello

Please send an email for the DM board repair to [email protected]

TUGBOAT1
hi larry! 

hi larry! 

I HAVE A MITSIBISHI WS 65813 AND THE GREEN LIGHT JUST BLINKS. I THINK IT MIGHT BE THE CAPS EVERYBODY IS TALKING ABOUT. IT HAPPEND AFTER A STORM AND WE LOST POWER FOR A FEW HOURS.  I AM USING THE MONSTER CABLE $600 SURGE PROTECTER SO I DONT THINK A POWER SURGE GOT IT BUT IM NOT SURE. CAN YOU PLEASE EMAIL ME YOUR DIAGRAM TO CHANGE THE CAPS OUT? THAT WOULD BE GREAT IF THAT WORKS. WE HAVE FAMILY COMING IN TOWN TOMORROW AND NO TV WOULD BE TERRIBLE.  

THANKS ALEX

MY EMAIL, [email protected] 

Ozman
I've got the same problem

I've got the same problem with the Mitsubishi WS-48511, what are the fixes for the convergence board.

Hooter306
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I also need that DM board fix please.

[email protected]

Thanks a bunch

Rlynch
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
Well, how much solid state repair experience do you have.  I may have a circuit fix, but only is you can deal with soldering and printed circuit boards. if you want to try the fix, and think you can do it. Simply post an e-mail address and i will forward you the DM board repair.

I have the same issue with a Mitsubishi 73713... please send me the fix also [email protected]

Has there been good success rate with this repair?  

thanks,

Rich

Hooter306
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I also need that DM board fix please.

[email protected]

Thanks a bunch

Rlynch
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

I have the same issue with a Mitsubishi 73713... please send me the fix also [email protected]

Has there been good success rate with this repair?  

thanks,

Rich

MLastovo
Howdy,

Howdy,
My Mits WS48511 also will not turn on.
Would you please send your fix to the following addy?
[email protected]
Thanks,
M.

MLastovo
Howdy,

Howdy,
My Mits WS48511 won't turn on.
Would you please send my your fix to the following addy?
[email protected]
Thanks,
M.

pylotgyder
I also have the mitsubishi

I also have the mitsubishi ws48511, the green power light will come on briefly then shut off, reset does'nt work. do i need the dm board fix? if so please email it to me at [email protected] thanks alot

e951
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
We recently moved and my Mitsu ws48511 has the timer light blink as well, tried the reset as per manual no luck. I would like to try the DM board fix. Email me at [email protected].

Marlisha
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Our Mitsu ws48511 is doing the same thing. The timer light blinks, then goes off. Reset doesn't work either.... Please help

Larry Dillon
open up the DM board and see

open up the DM board and see if the caps are bulging at the tops?
Larry Dillon

Marlisha
Larry,

Larry,
first off, I don't have any repair experience, And I don't have the funds to take it to a repair shop. I've downloaded the repair manual, I know how to solder, and I can follow directions very well. But do you think that this is too technical/complicated for me to attempt and should therefore leave it to the professionals to fix? Please advise...

WhyJohny
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

First off, thanks for taking the time to help us out, much appreciated..

I have the Samsung HCN473W wit the same problem of blinking time light and no picture... would you be kind enough to send me the direction for repair. I have some minor experience with soldering and have copied down the suggested IC.

thanks

Ken

Larry Dillon
are you telling me that you

are you telling me that you cannot adjust the convergence adjustments????If that is the case
The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK IC'S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made IC'S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!

sweetielight
Hi Larry:

Hi Larry:

I have read your professional advice and help on several threads here. Hope this one is not too old, and that you will be able to help me out as well. I just got a blinking green light on my mitsubishi WS-48511, and I was wondering if you would be so kind and email me the DM fix that everybody's talking about.
Thank you!

J

sweetielight
Hi Larry:

Hi Larry:

I have read your professional advice and help on several threads here. Hope this one is not too old, and that you will be able to help me out as well. I just got a blinking green light on my mitsubishi WS-48511, and I was wondering if you would be so kind and email me the DM fix that everybody's talking about.
Thank you!

J

Pages

Connect With Techlore