LCD Flat Screen TV's - Common Faults?

43 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
most likely no but would

most likely no but would probably cause the set to intermittently work or intermittently go on and off when you whack the TV set. and no I do NOT condone that troubleshooting procedure
Larry Dillon

Anjali
We recently got a wireless

We recently got a wireless router for our broadband. Its been approx. 5 weeks now. I have a sony Lcd tv. Last week the TV started showing disturbance once in a while, and the longer the tv is on, it got worse. I have not tried moving the wireless router away from the tv yet. Is anyone aware if a wireless tv causes disturbance to LCD tv output. or to a dvd output?

Linda S
I have a Sagem lcd tv with a

I have a Sagem lcd tv with a different screen problem. At first sight it looks like there is a black mark in the right hand corner with dust falling halfway down the screen. On closer examination the mark is actually on the inside and therefore cannot be removed.

Larry Dillon
it sounds like a bad screen,

it sounds like a bad screen, or a bad screen driver ic, or perhaps a bad connection on the cable that connects from the driver board to the screen.
Larry Dillon.

runningrick
Hi Guys,

Hi Guys,
Anybody help me i have had a samsung 46inch LCD TV for just over 12months this has now developed two thin pink lines down one side of the screen they fade away after twenty min or so can this be repaired ? I can live with it but if it can be fixed it would be great and stop me timeing how long it takes to fadeaway evertime I switch on.

myphonehastheflu
The stand by light flashes.

The stand by light flashes. The remote does not seem to function when the tv does this. Any ideas as to why this is happening? We have an elderly mother who does not understand how to operate the remote control and I suspect that she often presses the wrong buttons and at times also, I suspect, has pressed most of the buttons randomly. The only way I've been able to get the tv to come on is to turn it on manually using the touch buttons on the side of the set. However, once we turn off using the tv using the remote it starts to flash again and we're back to square one.

lexbeamer
i have a three year old

i have a three year old phillips 47 inch flat screen tv it switched its self off and wont switch on again . there is no red power light showing i have checked the fuse on the power lead its ok xx any ideas please

Larry Dillon
a model number would be nice

a model number would be nice man!!!!!!
Larry

lexbeamer
sorry apologies

sorry apologies
model
47PFL7642D-05
47 inch flat screen LCD TV phillips

Carson
OK. I have a Sanyo Dp26649

OK. I have a Sanyo Dp26649 HDTV LCD. and i play xbox. every now and then about 3-4in above the bottom of the screen a sort of mirror effect will happen.Its like the screen was cut and the bottom part is a different signal or something. any help?

jomel147
broigel this is not your

broigel this is not your imagination cos ive seen the same on my samsung worst channels are itv3, virgin when it was on freeview, itv2. I think it's a combination of poor production of old programming(cheap), too much video / broadcasting and poor broadcating bit rates. It helps if you view ur tv from a distance however listen to this ive seen this wobble on my old crt colour tv too so it's not ur flat screen tv its just crap broadcasters doing everything on the cheap as usual giving us a crap service !!!

alanedwards
please can anybody help i

please can anybody help i hhave a 32" lcd tv and the picture has gone off but sound still works any ideas of fault many thanks alan...

Pages

Connect With Techlore