sony kp46wt510 picture is bending

42 posts / 0 new
Last post
mjay
sony kp46wt510 picture is bending

my sony 46inch projection tvs picture is bending and all the colors arnt linning up like the blue green and red does anybody now what this could be . the tv is only 2 yrs old and hasent been abused .

Diablo666l
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with a KP53XBR35, A 53" Sony XBR rear projection.

Your problem is most likely bad ICs, i would search the other forums for your model number, and you will see plenty of responses on convergence

Diablo666l
Convergence is the factor

Convergence is the factor your tv ads to the offset of red blue and green channels. Since the light source can't be in the same place as any other source, the circuit board corrects this.

GranpopG
well i finally replaced the

well i finally replaced the stks and it still has the same problem

Kenzo
mjay  well you have to

mjay  well you have to replace two stks and check all the resistor also the fuse that supply to the convergence

GranpopG
i changed both the stks but

i changed both the stks but cant find where the fuse is that supplys the convergence. does any one know where this is, thank you

Larry Dillon
The Sony your working on has

The Sony your working on has the RA6 chassis and if you know how to read a schematic, I will be more then happy to share this with you if you leave an e-mail address. The only thing is that this is a large file so I cannot send it through my e-mail provider so I send it via a program called pando.  You can download pando for free at pando.com.. Now for your problem.  The IC's you replaced are located on the "D" board.  On pin10 of both IC's should be 22 volts B+ and on pin 12 of both IC;s you should have 22 volts of B-.  In other words pin 12 is 22 volts negative voltage and pin 10 is 22 volts of positive voltages.  If you are missing any of these voltages, trace the wiring on the D board to two fusable resistors.  make sure that R8122 and R8127 are not burned or that they both check to be 7.5 ohms.   if these resistors are good, go to Plug CN8103 on the D board and make sure you did not pull on it a little and dislodged the plug.  if the voltages are not on the plug, your problem is on the "G" board.  Go to the G board and chck the 22+ and the 22- circuit protectors. These are nothing more then 5 amp fuses,  The board locating will say PS5001 and PS5002.  Now when you replaced the 2 convergence IC's did you get the exact ones that the set called for from Sony?  And also did you apply a good amount of heat sink compound on the backs of the new IC's before you installed them?  If the answer is no to just one of these questions, you will be in the same boat several months down the road.  Good Luck with this repair and please let us know how you make out with this repair.

GranpopG
i would like the schematics

i would like the schematics very much, but i cant down load pando because i only have windows 98 is there another way to get them . thank you

Larry Dillon
I will try at school but what

I will try at school but what is your e-mail address

GranpopG
thank you my email is jayliz4

thank you my email is [email protected]

campbell1011
I have the same TV, less than

I have the same TV, less than 3 years old, and the same problem. It seems to be happening on the left side of the screen only. The colors are not lining up, leading to double images. How can i get this fixed and what will it cost me?

TimMcCay
I have the same tv with the

I have the same tv with the same issue discribed.  I am really interested if you have figured out the fix.  Please post what the you finally found to be the cause.   I was going to replace the convergence IC's but the service guy said that it may be caused by a pincusion issue and gave me a 500 dollar estimate to correct.   Good luck and please post your latest findings.

Larry Dillon
TimMcay, If I were you, I

TimMcay, If I were you, I would replace the STK convergence  IC's first, If you are able and have the ability to solder and work on printed circuit boards.  You may also need to check the IC pins for the plus and minus voltages.  If you know how to read a service manual and schematic diagram, I can sed you the complete manual.  You will need to go to pando.com and download the free program though, as this is a large file and My mail provider will not let me send large files like this.  Good Luck with this repair and please keep us informed of your progress with this repair.

campbell1011
TimMcCay said: I have the

TimMcCay said: I have the same tv with the same issue discribed.  I am really interested if you have figured out the fix.  Please post what the you finally found to be the cause.   I was going to replace the convergence IC's but the service guy said that it may be caused by a pincusion issue and gave me a 500 dollar estimate to correct.   Good luck and please post your latest findings.

Ok...I had an IM conversation with Sony support and he said to perform a reset by holding the reset button on the remote while turning the set off, which did not work. I was just about ready to call a local repair service today, when all of a sudden the problem stopped and the picture is now normal.

Larry Dillon
campbell1011, If you do not

campbell1011, If you do not at least have the convergence IC's resoldered, this will most likely cause a bigger problem.

TimMcCay
Thanks for the reply.  I am

Thanks for the reply.  I am going to give the IC replacement a try.  Yes, I do have the skills to solder and de-solder and experience using a voltmeter.  I can read schematics the docs would be greatly appricated!  I have installed pango.   thanks for the help!  I will let you know how it goes.

Larry Dillon
If it is the same number

If it is the same number thats at the top of the page, It is on its way.  I did not have the exact model number but the set uses an RA 6 chassis and thats what i sent to you.  Good luck

campbell1011
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said: campbell1011, If you do not at least have the convergence IC's resoldered, this will most likely cause a bigger problem.

What does a IC replacement cost?

Larry Dillon
To have them done by a pro

To have them done by a pro would cost about 250 to 350, any more thenb that and they are ripping you off.

TimMcCay
Well,  I just got the new IC

Well,  I just got the new IC's installed and fired the tv back up.    Looks exactly the same...  

I added a picture...... 

http://mccayt.googlepages.com/sony

Any suggestions on next steps?

Thanks,

Tim 

Larry Dillon
Tim, Did ou check the

Tim, Did ou check the schematic and check the voltages on the convergence IC's?  Make sure you have no shorts or solder bridges on the connecr=tions.  Also double check for the minus and the plus voltages on the IC's.  if you do not have both voltages as per the service manual, dont forget to check the small fuseaable resistors as well as the circuit protectors that can gio bad as a result of the IC['s going bad.

TimMcCay
I will check that next.  

I will check that next.   thanks!

adil
Larry Dillon said: The Sony

Larry Dillon said: The Sony your working on has the RA6 chassis and if you know how to read a schematic, I will be more then happy to share this with you if you leave an e-mail address. The only thing is that this is a large file so I cannot send it through my e-mail provider so I send it via a program called pando.  You can download pando for free at pando.com.. Now for your problem.  The IC's you replaced are located on the "D" board.  On pin10 of both IC's should be 22 volts B+ and on pin 12 of both IC;s you should have 22 volts of B-.  In other words pin 12 is 22 volts negative voltage and pin 10 is 22 volts of positive voltages.  If you are missing any of these voltages, trace the wiring on the D board to two fusable resistors.  make sure that R8122 and R8127 are not burned or that they both check to be 7.5 ohms.   if these resistors are good, go to Plug CN8103 on the D board and make sure you did not pull on it a little and dislodged the plug.  if the voltages are not on the plug, your problem is on the "G" board.  Go to the G board and chck the 22+ and the 22- circuit protectors. These are nothing more then 5 amp fuses,  The board locating will say PS5001 and PS5002.  Now when you replaced the 2 convergence IC's did you get the exact ones that the set called for from Sony?  And also did you apply a good amount of heat sink compound on the backs of the new IC's before you installed them?  If the answer is no to just one of these questions, you will be in the same boat several months down the road.  Good Luck with this repair and please let us know how you make out with this repair.

need ckt diagram of SONY KP46WT510 ON MY YAHOO ID [email protected]

Thks in Advance 

Dan L
I would like the schematics

I would like the schematics  of SONY KP46WT510

My email [email protected]

Thanks in Advance 

Larry Dillon
I sent out the service manual

I sent out the service manual for the KPwt500, the same chassis or very close to it.  the 510 uses the RA6A chassis, and the 500 uses the RA6 chassis.  If you do need a differant manual, you can download one from HERE for a small fee.  Good Luck, and please let us know what your problem is and what it took to correct it.

mikedbom
Larry,

Larry,

If you are still out there, I would appreciate the KP46WT510 Service Manual or Schematic Diagram.  You can email it to [email protected]   If I still need Pando, let me know.  I am going to attempt an IC STK392-560 replacement according to your instructions on various posts.  Thanks for all the info BTW.

Mike 

Lenster
Larry Dillon said: Already

Larry Dillon said: Already done!

Would really appreciate the schematic for Sony KP-46WT510. Thanks for the troubleshooting tips.

Aarem
would appreciate if you could

would appreciate if you could send me the schematics for SONY KP46WT510 cause i am trying to locate the convergence chips in the TV. THANKS you can send it to [email protected]..!

zapdbf
givenchy990 try this http:/
GranpopG
well i finaly found the fuse

well i finaly found the fuse that supplyed the convergence chips and it was blowen i put a new one in and fired it back up and the picture stoped pinning but there was three separet pin lines of the colors running right down the middle of the tv set. so i tried to line the colors up but the red still seams to have a problem , does any one know what this means thank you

Larry Dillon
Did you replace both IC's

Did you replace both IC's before you replaced the fuse?  People do not realize, fuses simply very very rarely blow out for no reason.

Pages

Connect With Techlore