Sony KDP-57WS655 AX-1X - will not turn on blinking nine times

38 posts / 0 new
Last post
PAUL C
Thanks. Looking for

Thanks. Looking for replacement G-board. A1054157A

cmarks
I have the same KDP-51ws655.

I have the same KDP-51ws655. My problem is a bit different. A few days ago, the tv was on and working, and then it just shut off. I tried all of the suggestions, and nothing works. Now, when I plug the tv in and it begins to power up, you can see a power surge on the left side about 6 inches in, and 8 inches from the left side in the clear node next to the light blue node. I can also hear a power surge, and then a click, and nothing. No power at all. Do you have any idea of what this may be? Thank you.

Larry Dillon
try and unsolder the

try and unsolder the convergence ic's and see if the set comes on if it does
The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, please go here: http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry
no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK IC'S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made IC'S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!

cmarks
Larry Dillon said: try and

Larry Dillon said: try and unsolder the convergence ic's and see if the set comes on if it does The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, please go here: http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK IC'S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made IC'S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!

The Sony KDP-51ws655 doesn't seem to be having a convergence problem. After I plug it in, almost immediately, it clicks, there is an arc or spark in the clear bulb near the blue components in my profile picture. Then it shuts off. When you hit the power button on the tv set, it sounds like it wants to power up, but then clicks again, and shuts down. The stand by light blinks 6 times. Do have any suggestions on what that may be?

Thanks,

Travis

cmarks
The Sony KDP-51ws655 doesn't

The Sony KDP-51ws655 doesn't seem to be having a convergence problem. After I plug it in, almost immediately, it clicks, there is an arc or spark in the clear bulb near the blue components in my profile picture. Then it shuts off. When you hit the power button on the tv set, it sounds like it wants to power up, but then clicks again, and shuts down. The stand by light blinks 6 times. Do have any suggestions on what that may be?

Thanks,

Travis

golfalot
Larry, I have a Sony

Larry, I have a Sony KDP57WS655, my problem is when it is turned on and it does turn on. The standby flashes 11 times but no picture and no sound the startup relay does click. You said once before if you have the startup relay click and nothing else happens it is probably the D board. Is there any way I can check it before I try and get another board. I would just as soon try and repair it myself.
Thank you for your help
In 2007 I replaced the G board. That was for a different problem. Its been good till now.
Marv

Zt2121
I have a Sony kdp-57ws655 and

I have a Sony kdp-57ws655 and I'm having the 9 blink problem, sometimes the t.v comes on and other times it doesn't. After doing some research it seems like I need to replace the switching regulator but I have no clue what that is lol. Does anyone have a picture or any info of what the switching regulator is???? I already have the g board out of the t.v.

Pages

Connect With Techlore