No picture- clear sound on Ultra 32 inch LCD HDTV

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
kncbrad
Thanks for the quick respones

Thanks for the quick respones Larry. I will take the back off the Prima Ultra LCD 30-500 and send you some pics. I hope it is a simple cheap fix. The TV has been great up until this started.

kncbrad
Larry, I took the Prima Ultra

Larry, I took the Prima Ultra LCD 30-500 back panel off and took some pics that I e-mailed to you. I don't really know circuit boards very well but I didn't really see any leaking or bulging capicitors? (see pics, I have a few more if these aren't showing what you may want to see.) After unplugging the 8 wired connectors on the invertor board i plugged them back in and put it back together then the pic came on. Do you think this may be more of a bad invertor board? Thanks for any input.

thornton1975
kncbrad, when I mentioned

kncbrad, when I mentioned bulging or leaking caps it could be ever so slightly bulged. What you should do is locate the power supply board, and look over the capacitors. They look like little barrels with some indentation lines on them. These are radial electrolytic capacitors. If one or more of them are ever so slightly bulged, it could be barely noticeable, it needs to be replaced. When I first went through my plasma I missed them and when I looked again I noticed them. The easiest way to locate your power supply is to follow the wire that you plug into the wall into the back of the TV. Then it should change to a red and blue twisted wire. (Yours might not be the same but I know LG and Samsung do the same.) It will go to your power supply, the bad capacitors should be on this board. Look over that board carefully and if it makes it easier take it out and look at it from the side. If you could send me a copy of the pics you took it might be a little easier to help. thornton1975(at)hotmail(dot)com

marionmm
Hi,

Hi,
I have a 30 inch Ultra that I bought in 2005. The picture went out in 2009 but the sound remained. I was charged $300 by a repairmen for a new power something.
Now I have the same problem.
What should I do? I paid $1200 initially for the TV.
Don't want and cannot afford to pay out alot of money again.
At this time I cannot afford a new TV

Pages

Connect With Techlore