No picture- clear sound on Ultra 32 inch LCD HDTV

35 posts / 0 new
Last post
ccbbrown
No picture- clear sound on Ultra 32 inch LCD HDTV

The screen is completely black and the sound is clear.  It did this before and I called tech support for my tv, only to find out my warranty was up.  The tv is only a year old. I had a quasar before that kept going out but I had the tv for 18 years so I didn't complain. 

Please tell me what could be wrong.  It sounds like the fan  is running but whenever I turn it on, it flashes a picture and goes black.

Larry Dillon
Is it is an LCD TV the bulb

Is it is an LCD TV the bulb could be the problem.  What is the make and model number?

ccbbrown
It is a LCD tv.  It is the

It is a LCD tv.  It is the brand dishnetwork made.  Ultra LCD30-500.  I called around today and I will have to go far for a repair.

toller
I have the same problem and

I have the same problem and from all I have found  is that it is probably the back light inside. Of course I have written dish and ultra and havs recieved no response..I guess this shows alittle about the company. I love that tv and its a shame the company responsible for building it will not respond to the ask for support email. toller

Larry Dillon
oh man good luck in getting

oh man good luck in getting service or parts on this set.  I know a shop with 4 of these types of sets and only 18 months old or two years old.  No support from anyone so far.

ccbbrown
I finally broke down and 

I finally broke down and  sent it to the repair shop.  I hope it will be fixed. I loved that tv too.  All I got from the support team was different places to take it too.  They claim they have not had any trouble with the tv.  I am scared of the new tv's now.  I had my floor model Quasar for over 18 yrs and it never gave me any trouble until last yr.  But how can I complain about that length of time.  Anyone have any idea who makes quasar now, I know they changed names but I forgot who.

toller
ours must have been built on

ours must have been built on a Monday or a Friday. Monday noone wants to be there and Friday everyone ready to go home

ccbbrown
I believe you're right.   How

I believe you're right.   How long have you had yours?

Larry Dillon
Quasar was bought by

Quasar was bought by Panasonic many many years ago and they had just about the same chassis and still do today.  A set is not made the way they used to be because of the consumers de,mand for less expensive sets.  The manufacturers made cheaper sets with cheaper parts so they coulkd still make a profit.

toller
i had mine 18 months  got

i had mine 18 months  got real acustom to it. was thinking of putting in bedroom and get bigger on for living room.  weary of them now toller

toller
it a lcd30-500 not 32 inch

it a lcd30-500 not 32 inch toller i also had speakers off and hooked to home theator unit.with cable so i don't no if sound was working, going right now to connect and see if sound works toller

ccbbrown
It was 30 inch sorry about

It was 30 inch sorry about that, I know money is important but don't company's realize quality is better.  cheap parts makes them go out faster and I quess they know they will always have business.  So what do you think the better brand is now?

toller
Ihave no idea,  I know that

Ihave no idea,  I know that they should be better as years go by as everything but I am weary but I loved the difference in the picture so well i am hooked.  I am going to see if I can get it fixed and put it in the bedroom aget a better one and largear one for my living room..  This one I have has to great big cables running from it that are very shall we say  "ugly" that makes my monitor work. It is one of the first i believe that they came out with so it is like a computor.extinct .but still abeatiful picture.  I am going to do alot of research before i buy another, but i will soon.  will let you know before i do incase there is negative stuff about it.  I know i paid 1200 for this30 in and target has a32 for less than 500.  I want bigger for my daily viewing though> I have a infocus projector for my theator viewing with a 99" screen.  Got it for my 50 birthday. anyway let you know.  toller

ccbbrown
Someone loves you.   Its

Someone loves you.   Its funny I took my daughter's 13 inch from her room so we would have something to watch in the family room.   Once you go big there's no going back.  Its like I'm  straining to look at this tv.  Please let me know, because I don't know if mine can be fixed.  Still no word.

ccbbrown
 update- The repairman kept

update- The repairman kept the tv this long only to tell me he was having a hard time finding information on it.  But he said it would be a thousand dollars probably to repair it.  OK, thats a new tv.  I have one more option thats two hours from where I live and I'm ready to forget  about it.  I was wondering if anyone had any good news about it.

MOtvGuy
I'm not surprised he's having

I'm not surprised he's having trouble finding information. Most of these off brand sets never had any technical support available for them the day they were sold. No parts, no service info, no servicer network, nothing.

It sounds like a panel problem.  Most LCD sets have the LCD panel, driver board, bulbs and inverter board enclosed as one part.  If anyone of them goes you have to replace the panel to repair the problem.  Not an inexpensive proposition.  

ccbbrown
In your opinion, its better

In your opinion, its better to  buy a new tv?  I don't know if I want to do a lot of repairs.  Could cost more than the tv.

toller
all the research i have done

all the research i have done tells me it is the inverter. you can go to lcdpart.com/products/v144.html, and they have a replacement board called Darfon v144 inverter board for our tv.  Its two hundred dollars but it shows it has 8 transformers atached.  They are 20 something apeice.  I would think not all of them went out at the same time, so it would be much cheaper if i can find how to test each one to see exactly how many I need in stead of buying the whole board. 

mrsullie
i have a 40 inch ultra hd lcd

i have a 40 inch ultra hd lcd tv the power cord fried does anyone know where i can get one or who makes tv

rs140
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with my 40in lcd power supply any luck finding a new one let me know please

rs140
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with my 40in lcd tv power supply did anyone have any luck getting a new one please let me know thanks

nugzzy
Power cord for sale here:
nugzzy
Ultra lcd40-500 Power adapter
Ultra30
I have same problem with

I have same problem with Ultra 30inch LCD TV (sound, no picture) and am trying to change backlight. Anyone know how to get to it? I can't find a way to remove the front panel.

Larry Dillon
you will need the service

you will need the service manual to see how to disassemble the set. I doubt if I have it but need the make and complete model number and I will try to acquire it for you but no guarantees
Larry D.

nugzzy
New power adapter with
kncbrad
Has anyone been able to fix

Has anyone been able to fix thier Ultra LCD 30 500? I have the same problem, no picture just sound. Are thier parts available to fix this and is it cost effective to do so? Any help would be gratly appreciated.

thornton1975
Before you get way into it,

Before you get way into it, pull off the back panel and look at the power supply. Then check the capacitors for any signs of bulging or leakage, it should not be the large capacitors, just the smaller ones. Replace them with the same rated and size capacitors and you should be back in business.

Larry Dillon
If you do find any that are

If you do find any that are in bad shape let me know the model of the set and a few clear photos along with the cap numbers and the values along with the voltages also with the photos a few of you taking off the back of the set how many you need and I will send to you the capacitors you need for your trouble it would be greatly appreciated
Larry Dillon

thornton1975
Larry, I have been reading

Larry, I have been reading these forums for a while and noticed you are quite the expert and have helped many. I have some pics of the internals of an LG 50PC5D-UC Plasma and a Samsung LN46A580P6F if you were interested in me sending them to you. I could also give you the capacitor ratings for the Samsung and the ratings for the ones I replaced on my LG. Let me know

Larry Dillon
Sure that would be great!!!

Sure that would be great!!! send to techman32k(at) yahoo(dot) com thanks and if there is anything I can assist you with please ask!!!!! And thank you as if it was not for those like you I would not be able to help as many of folks as I do!!! Thank you all who help me to assist those who need the help
Larry Dillon

Pages

Connect With Techlore