Mitsubishi WS55511 will not turn on

67 posts / 0 new
Last post
bcbud2006
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
i have the same ws55511 and it has the same problem as most have stated,.my green light goes out so i will check the fuses and the if blown replace the ic's and the fuses. can i pls ask you for a copy of the service manual and any tips on how this is done. [email protected]

Droptopfox90
Hey.

Hey.

I have a ws-55511

I have it open to replace the caps on the DM board.
I was wondering how I can test my IC's

I have the BGLOD and don't know which is causing it.

Thanks
Phil

jkasbee
i came across this post while

i came across this post while looking for ways to fix my tv i have the same problem many of you have i have a mitsubishi model ws-b55 i turn the unit on and the green light blinks for ten seconds then turns off i am looking for someone who might still have the service manuals and schmatics for this unit as well as any part numbers and pictures to help fix my unit times are tuff and i can not go get a new tv or even call a repairman out if anyone can help please email me at [email protected] many people have replaced caps and fuses and boards like i said any help would be great thank you all for your time

Budman69
Larry,

Larry,
I've gained alot of insite after reading all the replies. I have a ws-55857 and have the same power up issue where the green led goes off after a few seconds. my F4 has very high resistence and F5 is completely open. I traced the schem to the conv gen chip. should i repl the fuses first or the chips then the fuses. What chips do I order and what are the part numbers? How and where do I order them from? Do you know the cost? Thank You so much for your help. It's great getting intelligent, accurrate technical advice. If anyone needs the serv manl and schem manl for the ws55857 (covers other models too) just email me at [email protected] i paid 15 bucks , but i'll send it to anyone for free. :)

Thanks to all,
Rob from Too darn hot California

bcbud2006
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
i have the same ws55511 and it has the same problem as most have stated,.my green light goes out so i will check the fuses and the if blown replace the ic's and the fuses. can i pls ask you for a copy of the service manual and any tips on how this is done. [email protected]

Droptopfox90
Hey.

Hey.

I have a ws-55511

I have it open to replace the caps on the DM board.
I was wondering how I can test my IC's

I have the BGLOD and don't know which is causing it.

Thanks
Phil

Fivenelli
We are also having this

We are also having this problem. My husband used Larry's advice and info to replace the capacitors on the DM board last fall. He'd like to look at all of the things that have been suggested in this thread, but we don't have a service manual or any diagrams for him to reference. If someone has either a service manual or any diagrams that would be helpful, could you please send them to [email protected]? Thank you so much.

tony563
i have a bit of a different

i have a bit of a different problem. ws-55511 tv shows green screen. after about 10 sec blue and red tubes turn on. about 3 sec after that tv turns off. all fuses good. 9A50 and 9A52 have been hot. power supply problem, dm board, or convergence chip? things to check?

tony563
ws-55511

ws-55511
green screen when turned on after 10 sec blue and red tubes come on 3sec later tv turns off. all fuses good. l9a52 l9a50 have been hot. any help?

RJFish
Same problem, same set. I

Same problem, same set. I would also like a copy of the service manual if it is available. My email is [email protected].
Thanks in advance!

tony563
fixed my set by pulling off

fixed my set by pulling off the front cover and turning down the gains then slowly turning them up a little at a time. keep the color ballanced. i have another set i tried this with and the red tube jumps to full brightness then the set turns off. i believe the red tube is bad. you can get the ws-55511 service manual in the resources section of techlore. nobody ever tells anyone about that. had to find it myself.

RJFish
tony563,

tony563,

Thanks for the heads up on locating the manuals! I'll try what you did and turn down the gains and see if it works. I have replaced the IC chip and ended up with the set not staying on. I checked the resistors and they were fine and the trace leads from each pin of the IC chip read ok so I feel confident that it went back together good - so puzzled at this point at what is causing it to shut down.
Again thanks!

bcbud2006
thanks sooo much for the

thanks sooo much for the information and , as an update my ws555111 would not turn on and had no blinking light! i followed the instructions in the
article "DIY-Repair-Replacing-Convergence-IC-s-on-a-Mitsubshi-TV-Set/
it worked perfect and the exact repair was done a year ago by an extemely dishonest repair company. they charged 700.00 and kept the tv for two weeks even though the job they did was done at my home (they left the ic package in on the floor) on day one. ???
anyways thanks again ,Heath

imdolphin1fan
hi i have ws55511 tv and the

hi i have ws55511 tv and the light would flash for about one minute everytime i try to turn my tv on. does anyone knows why it does that and how to fix it?

techchallenged
My Television just keeps

My Television just keeps blinking and never stops. All fuses seem ok and I dont see any other visible signs of failure. Does anyone know what else I could check without calling out a costly technician.

Steve

Doyle
I own a Mitsubishi Projection

I own a Mitsubishi Projection TV WS-55511. I have tried to switch the unit on, the green light illuminated for approx 60 seconds and turned off. I then tried to reset the unit by pushing the system reset button on the front as well as unplugging the unit for several hours. The TV still will not turn on. I have checked all fuses which are all good. I have all the standby voltages and no switched voltages. I have 6 volts standby voltage into pin 5 on IC9A22 but not 5 volts switched voltage on pin 3 & 4 or 12 volt switched voltage on pin 2. I do have 12 volt standby voltage on Q9A20 as well as 32 volts on R9A36. Relay K9A50 has 12 volt standby voltage but does not activate relay. I removed the relay from the circuit board and tested and found it to be good. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to repair this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

stewy50
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

Doyle
Hi Larry: On May 31 I asked

Hi Larry: On May 31 I asked you a rather long question about the ws55511, but have not received a answer. Are the answers posted somewhee else? Thanks
[email protected]

imdolphin1fan
Hi

Hi
Sorry i never fixed my tv from that problem. So im not sure what to do. i'm sorry.

stewy50
my best advise would be to go

my best advise would be to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the Convergence kit it includes original Sanyo STK CONVERGENCE Ic'S , resistors, pico fuses if the set uses them, easy to follow directions with pictures and free on-line tech assistance in case you run into a snag with the repair GOOD LUCK!!

t3162
I have a ws55311 mits tv. My

I have a ws55311 mits tv. My tv shut off on x ray protection. I had replaced both IC chips and both 5 amp pico fuses. Now it still does not turn on. My code is 24, vertical deflection. Anybody have a ideas on what would cause this.

Jeff Berchtold
Can anyone send me a service

Can anyone send me a service manual or tell me where get one i have the same problem my set turns off after about 3 secs so wnat to check all the things you are talking about. I have located the fuses they all are ok so would like to check the voltages and the ic chips thanks in advance. [email protected]

COCAL71
I have a MITSUBISHI Model#:

I have a MITSUBISHI Model#: ws555-13. The TV won't come on. The timer button is flashing a green light. I've unplugged the TV and plugged it back but it wouldn't come back on. Can someone please assist? Thank you.

schoon
Larry,

Larry,
My ws55511 blinks the green light for 45 sec. then goes off. The set will not turn on after this from either the remote or front panel. I checked the error code and it came up as a 12 -no error- What should I look at next? I am thinking of buying both repair kits, do you think this would fix it? Any help would be appreciated. [email protected]

W Scott Faggart
If anyone has a Service

If anyone has a Service Manual for a WS55511, I would appreciate a PDF. My e-mail is [email protected].

Thank you.

Michael T
Same issues here, replaced

Same issues here, replaced the convergence IC and all 4 pico fuses. plugged the tv in and it did its blinky light thing for about 30 seconds. i turned the TV on and it worked for about 5 mins while i was adjusting the convergence. then it turned off and when i tried to turn it back on i would get the green light for 2 sec and then it would power off. i could smell something burning/melting but could not pin-point the issue. i rechecked the pico fuses 2 and 3 are ok, 4 is showing a larger 1 ohm resistance and 5 is now completely open. any suggestions on what caused the damage to the 4th and 5th pico fuses?

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, click here please:
http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, All kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon,

MAC006
Larry,

Larry,
I have the same issue as many of these people. I turn it on and it goes of 3 seconds later. Can you send me a copy of the service manual? I know my convergence was going out because the left side of my TV has had the red color out of alignment for about a month. I have just gone ahead and ordered the IC convergence and the fuses but if I had the service manual, it would help. Thanks.

Teeboom
We are trying to hook up the

We are trying to hook up the pc to the TV and the same problem keeps coming up. The windows logo pops up just find for a few seconds and then the display scrambles, then we lose the screen. The TV tells us to turn on the screensaver But we have no idea how and I cannot find the user guide online line. any suggestions?

rob69
I have a mitsubishi ws55511,

I have a mitsubishi ws55511, Problem i have is tv will not turn on. The green light does not come on, if i unplug the tv from the wall socket, then plug it back in the green light will start blinking for about 30 seconds or so, eventually light stops blinking and stays off.

Pages

Connect With Techlore