Samsung DLP lamp/ballast ? HELP!

127 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
a good posibility but what is

a good posibility but what is the model number!!??
Larry D.

bobbyP
Any ideas on My 46in Samsung?

Any ideas on My 46in Samsung?
I keeps cycling like it is going to start but no light. From looking on the internet it sounded like it was the lamp ballast for sure, but I just go the new one and installed it and the same thing is happening. I don't think it is the lamp, that was replaced a couple of months ago, but maybe its bad? Any ideas? Thank you.

Larry Dillon
maybe a bad bulb, did you

maybe a bad bulb, did you also try to unplug the set for several minutes?
Larry D

Larry Dillon
maybe a bad bulb, did you

Larry D

bobbyP
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

Larry D

Larry, thanks for the response. I did unplug the set a couple of times but that didn't change anything. For a while it would cycle a couple of times and then start and run for hours with a good picture. Then one day it just kept cycling and would not start up again from that point forward.

Big Dave
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with my 46 Samsung DLP. I replaced the lamp first and everything was working fine. About a month later the color wheel went. I know that for sure because when I went in and replaced it, the old one was shattered. Now when I plug in the TV it tries to power up with no luck and won't shut off when I use the remote...I literally have to unplug it or it will repeat the power cycle process. The model number of the TV is HLR4667WX/XAA. I don't want to spend more money on a ballast and not have it fix the problem. Any ideas?

Larry Dillon
I have seen this before but

I have seen this before but do not remember what part I replaced to get it going, I beleive or think it was the motor driver IC. look it up in the schematic and see if the ic is cracked /split if not replace it anuyhow. but also check the b+ power going to the IC, or the motor driver circuit for cooked resistors
Latrry D.

Want to watch tv
Replaced color wheel on

Replaced color wheel on Samsung DLP set when all three indicators lights began flashing with no picture. Had picture for a week when everything went black.
Replaced lamp, still no picture and now a flashing "lamp" light. Please offer suggestions.

dizzle219
after reading all of these

after reading all of these hard times with samsung im not too sure what to doo.. i replaced the bulb color wheel and was thinking about the ballast next sounds like my tv wants to turn on but no picture or sound all lights blinking im just depressed i want a bigg tv again had a nice one but got robbed for it now i have to fix up the crappy dpl to make myself happy

RixRex
My nephews year old Samsung

My nephews year old Samsung 50" DLP one day just started turning off and on. It had to be unplugged to shut it down. Lamp was working but would go to black after about 10 seconds. It was under warranty and the repairman said it was a bad Ballast Capacitor. Maybe a new ballast will fix my 46" DLP doing pretty much the same thing off/on. It might even work for an hour or so after being unplugged for awhile. The replacement Lamp is definitely working, I have reset the hours timer, voltage is at 380 volts going to the ballast, all the fans are working but sometimes the color wheel does not kick on. The color wheel has a certain faint whine when it turns on so you know when it's working. Sometimes the colors start to go crazy like on an acid trip (for those that can only imagine what that is like) this DLP has served me well up until it started having flashbacks. It would not be cost effective to replace all of the parts one at a time in order to determine what the problem is. Just my luck it will be somewhere in the 400 dollar main board. No thanks, but I might try a new ballast.

Nelson5757
Replaced the color on my

Replaced the color on my samsung 56" DLP and now I have the three blinking lights as well. Replaced the lamp with my old lamp, that wasn't it. Doing a hard power down now. If that doesn't work what is my next step? Any helkp would be greatly appreciated.

JB3
Hello, My Samsung HLR5067WX

Hello, My Samsung HLR5067WX/XAA suddenly went blank and now all I get is a loud humming noise and no picture. I cycles three times while humming ( I assume it is trying to fire the lamp) and then I get the three blinking lights in front. At first it would immediately start the humming when i plugged it in and the only way I could get it to power off was by unplugging it. Now when i plug it in a have to hit the power button but still the same results. I have replaced the lamp but still no luck. I have read many threads and it seems it could be the color wheel or the lamp ballast. Any ideas? If the color wheel is bad, will the lamp still fire? If the ballast is bad, are there any tell tell signs, ballooned capacitors etc? I am leaning towards the ballast but any help would be greatly appreciated.

svicich
I have a 50 inch Samsung DLP

I have a 50 inch Samsung DLP model number hl50a650c1f. It was fine for 2 years and we blew the blub. Replaced it with a OEM in December last year and worked fine until May 26th. Purchased a new samsung blub and now it blew. Is this just bad luck with bulbs or could there be another reason It is blowing them? No dust in TV no fingerprints on bulb. I have read a lot about the balast? How can you tell if this is bad and if it is does it make the TV blow them?
Thanks

det1380
I also have a HL50A650C.

I also have a HL50A650C. Ironically I have the same exact problem as the person above. In January my bulb blew after 6000 hours. I received a factory bulb from my warranty (Thank god I have a 5 year warranty!) After 2 weeks the bulb blew and they overnighted me another one. Put the bulb in and it worked great. After a month that bulb blew. This time a technician came to inspect the unit. He replaced the bulb and the tv fired right up. Another month and a half go by and the bulb blows again. The technician came again and replaced both the lamp and the ballast. Tv worked great. Another month and a half and another blown bulb. So far four bulbs in six months. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks

RixRex
Quick follow up on my HLP

Quick follow up on my HLP 4663 ballast replacement. Did not do the trick. The set had been unplugged for weeks so it did work for an hour or so. I shut it off but left it plugged in. The next day it was back to it's old tricks again of off again on again, does this three times and all three idiot lights flash. That's what I feel like after spending the money on replacing an 80 dollar part to fix it. While the ballast was the culprit on my nephews 50" DLP that was exhibiting the same symptoms of off/on, my set now has an additional bugaboo. If the scene is too bright, the picture temporarily goes to black. Of course this is only when you can get it to work at all. This was easily fixed by adjusting the contrast to a lower setting. Maybe this is a clue as to what the real problem is, who knows. The color wheel is next to be replaced in the Samsung hall of shame. Everything still points to the logic board having a heat problem. Why else would it work after not being plugged in for a while and refuse to work if it had. Again, who knows? This is an intermittent with a particular pattern.

svicich
RixRex

RixRex
I was told by the expert I was talking to that if the color wheel is going out you will have those issues of it going black if the scene is too bright and the color wheel working on and off will cause the set to shut down. These tv's are very sensative to dust and heat, so you can see what we did below.

Det1380 I think that I have a overheating problem. The tv is in an entertainment center and I think the airflow is not as good as it was when it was out in the open, also we found lots of dust when we started investigating the problems with us blowing lamps. So we have cleaned out the dust, pulled the tv away from the wall and put a small fan behind the tv to help with the circulation and air. IF the ballst was bad it would blow the lamp immediately not a month later. The color wheel can go out and the lamp still work, but no color or color fading in and out. This is the website the expert told me to get parts from, he has been using them for 20 years and they warranty their bulbs and parts for our tv. He said there is a lot of crap lamps out there and they just dont last. An orginal replacement lamp for our tv should cost 140.00 i know that I have been paying less than that therefore not getting an original. The warranty place fixing your tv may not be unsing original lamps. Just passing on what I am being told.

Part Number BP96-01653A

Description Assy Lamp P

Substitute Part n/a

Estimated Weight 1 lb(s).

Availability by Warehouse
Atlanta, Ga 27
Lawrenceville, GA (Dist) 2 1
Las Vegas, NV 7
Lawrenceville, GA (Dist) 1
Baltimore, MD 5

Total Availability 41

Estimated Ship Date In Stock

Part Price 140.00

Total Price 140.00
Used with models:
Samsung HLS4676SX/XAASamsung HLT5075SSamsung HLT5675SXSamsung HL56A650C1FXZASamsung HLT4675SX/XAASamsung HL50A650C1FXZASamsung HLT5075SX/XAA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.encompassparts.com

Johanna
I have a Samsung DLP rear

I have a Samsung DLP rear projection tv. I changed the light bulb on, put the cover back on, and the LAMP light is still blinking. The TV still won't come on. Tried pushing the blue switch up and down and it made no difference. What am I doing wrong?

det1380
@svicich

@svicich

All of the bulbs are Samsung OEM bulbs and are the correct part number for the TV. Luckily I still have 3 years of warranty left. So far it has not cost me a dime. I am glad now that I paid the $150 for 5 years. As for cooling the TV is located 12" from the wall. All of the fans are working properly and there is no dust. I make sure to remove any dust from the tv once every few months (Inside and Out). I think my color wheel is fine. When a new bulb is put in the picture is crystal clear. It is frustrating since the original bulb lasted so long and the most recent ones only last a little over a month. It would be my luck that they were all just bad bulbs!

pheo
Samsung HLP5063W - While

Samsung HLP5063W - While watching a program, I was startled by a popping sound. The picture became a green cast with horizontal bands on different shades of green or gray. You could still see the program through this stuff, but not well. There was a fairly loud whirring sound. I had to unplug it to stop the noise. When I restarted, there was no picture at all, but the whirring noise was still there, but not as loud. The "on" button flashes all three things. The lamp is less than two years old. Would it make noise if it goes bad? I took it out and looked at it and it looked OK. Where do i begin, Lamp, ballast, fan, color wheel?

ShawnCunning
First off I have the Samsung

First off I have the Samsung DLP HL-R5078W. I was watching TV when it suddenly shut off and all three lights started flashing in the front. I installed a new bulb and now when you try to turn it on, it clicks once as if turning on and the lamp light flashes. After a bit it clicks once more and the standby light comes on. Then it clicks again and goes back to the lamp light flashing. Repeat for a total of 3 times then it goes back to flashing all 3 lights. There is no picture or sound coming from the TV. Is it the ballast? Ideas please!

-Desperate

RixRex
Shawn, not necessarily the

Shawn, not necessarily the ballast. A bad ballast capacitor will cause a similar off/on again cycle. My HLP4663 is doing the exact same thing but replacing the ballast did nothing. If I leave it unplugged for a while it will sometimes work just fine for an hour or so. Even though the color wheel is not making any noise I believe it to be the intermittent problem (thanks svicich). I will let you know as soon as I scrape up the 130 bucks to replace it.
RixRex

tlbrewer
Having a startup issue with

Having a startup issue with samsung dlbp HLN617W1X/XAA. Recently replaced the bulb and the color wheel. Now when I start up the television, the red is missing from the picture. After about 10 minutes, it comes on and everything looks great. Any clue as to what is causing this?

livbec
Hello. I have a Samsung HL

Hello. I have a Samsung HL-T5076S DLP TV. There are 4 tiny white dots on my screen now. I think they may be dead pixels. I talked to a local tv repair man who said it could either be the IC(?) or the Light Engine. Does anyone know of a do-it-yourself program for this kind of thing? Or has anyone else had this problem before? Any help would be very much appreciated!

jackiemac22
Same old shit lots of

Same old shit lots of QUESTIONS and no answers for the junk SAMSUNG GARBAGE ELECTRONICS.

xtjs21x
i have a samsung HLP5685W and

i have a samsung HLP5685W and was watching tv when i heard a pop and the tv turned off and now will not turn on, it goes through the boot up process over and over...any ideas?

tlbrewer
Either your bulb or the color

Either your bulb or the color wheel needs to be replaced.

xtjs21x
thanks, anyway to figure out

thanks, anyway to figure out which ahead of time? can you tell by looking at the lamp or color wheel?

Dan34
Samsung DLP HLR5066 Died

Samsung DLP HLR5066 Died after 2 years of moderate use. I replaced the Lamp. The replacement's obviously brighter but still no pic. 'pulled out the scratchy colour wheel and got rid of the noise but still no pics. When I turn it on it does not make the melody sound, I can hear the colour wheel spin quietly and the lamp goes on but the screen remains black. After about 8-10 secs it shuts down by itself. I can see very weak flickering lights trying to get through the black screen but that's all it does. front control blinks "lamp". I want to say the ballast is bad without even checking the power output but the lamp fires up only there's no pics. Can anybody help me out.

rob1
Can anyone help me? My

Can anyone help me? My samsung 61in dlp's picture still comes on but it is darker than normal. Is this just a bulb that is going out?

Big Fe
That model year, there was a

That model year, there was a problem with the DIGITAL board causing all kinds of weird symptoms, possibly yours as well. The fact you don't get the MELODY, points to this board as the culprit. If this is the case, it's a difficult and expensive repair, which I personally don't recommend doing.

Pages

Connect With Techlore