Mitsubishi Tv turns itself off

69 posts / 0 new
Last post
poker mom
Mitsubishi Tv turns itself off

Have a Mitsubishi big screen tv that turns itself off after about 5 min of watching it. Any ideas on a easy fix? Or has this TV seen its last???

VMAN2
I also have a Mitsubishi TV

I also have a Mitsubishi TV Model # CS3325C (33") and has been goin off also, but know it won't go on again.

Any ideas???

gitmomike
How old is it, and is it

How old is it, and is it digital or analog?

VONRAPTOR
What's the model number?

What's the model number? After it shuts down, press and hold menu and input buttons on the front of the set for about 10 seconds until led starts flasing. That code will give a general idea on where a servicer can look to fix the problem. Depending on what model and what code you get, I may have a replacement board to fix your set.

GreywolfDet67
my hd1080 turns off

my hd1080 turns off immediately after i turn it on. i suspect the 2.2 ohm resistor (or is it 2.2k ohm) in the power circuit but i need confirmation berore i change it.

staciecraddock
My Mitsubishi WS-65613 keeps

My Mitsubishi WS-65613 keeps powering down. The power remains on but the screen goes black and it cuts out. You have to shut it off and turn it back on to get any results. Any ideas????

sedona
i have a 1996 mitsubishi 36

i have a 1996 mitsubishi 36 in tv and it keeps turning its self off.if someone could tell me the reason and the part i need i could fix it my self so if there is please let me know.thank you

Larry Dillon
I don't have a schematic of

I don't have a schematic of this model, But you seem to have a power regulator problem with this set. Problem is because of HI Voltage safety issues, If your not aware of them, you should call a service tech, as there are No user serviceable parts inside this set. It a problem best left to an experienced technician Sorry man I could'nt assist you more with this problem. Good luckFrown

JasonL71
I have a Mitsubishi vs-45607

I have a Mitsubishi vs-45607 that shuts down as soon as it is turned on. Any ideas?

mickey
JasonL71 said: I have a

JasonL71 said: I have a Mitsubishi vs-45607 that shuts down as soon as it is turned on. Any ideas?

I'm having the same problem. Any help?

Larry Dillon
This could be one of several

This could be one of several problems. This set is notorious for bad capacitors in the main power supply as well as the sweep power supply. The correct way to test these would be with a good ESR type capacitor meter. Another common fault here is a blow horizontal output thansistor. If it is shorted, check all parts in the area, put a 100 watt bulb in place of the fuse. If you turn on the set, and the bulb glows bright, you know you still have a short in the set. Check all the normal things such as the input curcuit, bridge rectifyers, capacitors. If all the parts in the input power supply checks ok, it could be a bad convergence board or the parts on it or maybe even a shorted convergence yolk. You must remove all three CRT boards on the end of the picture tubes to test this. Also always to remember to unplug the TV set between each test or plug pull! Once they are all removed, try first by pulling all of the convergence yolks off the board. If the bulb still lights up bright, the convergence board has a short in it. Now try to pull the plugs off the convergence power input. Light does not glow bright? That conferms the IC's or something on that board is bad. Now if the light does not glow bright after all three convergence yolks are pulled off the board. Replug back the power supply to the convergence board. Unplug the set, install only one of the plugs from the yolks. Plug back in. If it does not glow bright , keep Trying each yolk plug till the light lights up bright. After you find the yolk that makes the bulb light up bright, unplug the other two convergence yolk plugs just to make sure you have the right one. After you replace the yolk, you might also find that the convergence IC's are bad as the set will not adjust properly. I highly advise anyone with the electronic training on troubleshooting solid state circuits to get the service manuals first as there may be alot of alighnment involved and the manual will help you alot with this. If you have no TV repair experience this is not a place to be experimenting with. Please find a trained tech to assist you with this repair. Good luck and please let us know here what you did or how your set was fixed.

Sunfizz98
I have a mitsubishi wt-42413

I have a mitsubishi wt-42413 where the tv powers on and blinks 4 times and then shuts off. Any suggestions in fixing this problem?

Larry Dillon
I have no info on this model

I have no info on this model number, sorry :>(

jess31
I have a WS-A65 Mitsubishi

I have a WS-A65 Mitsubishi that occasionally turns itself off. The green power light goes off. If I try to turn it back on the green light comes on then off quickly and the set stays off. If I wait several minutes it will power back up without any problems until it does it again. Any suggestions out there?

Larry Dillon
yes , first replace the

yes , first replace the convergence IC's

jess31
Larry, do you have a copy of

Larry, do you have a copy of the service manuel and if not do you know where I can get one.

Thanks

amylgibbs
This sounds a lot like what I

This sounds a lot like what I am experiencing. I have a Mitsubishi WD-62531, serial #113036. We just had a storm and the next morning, the tv turns off after only being on about 30 seconds. Tried the reset button and unplugging tv, with no luck. I've been reading about getting copie of the service manuals. Would anyone have one for this model? My husband is very good with electrical circuits, but a manual would help with the correct parts. My email is [email protected].

jess31
Ok Larry finally was able to

Ok Larry finally was able to replace the ICs for my WS-A65 set. Unfortunately it is still doing the same thing, but now right before it turns off I see red, blue, green lines across the center of the set for a split second then it goes off. After that it just clicks on then clicks itself off. Also noticed that if I hold the power button on, there is more of a chance the set will stay on until its next occurance. I have the service manuel and my email still the same. What is my next step? Besides lighting a match to it!

J.T
how much would this problem

how much would this problem cost me if I have a technician come out and fix it?

Larry Dillon
sounds like this Could be the

sounds like this Could be the convergence IC'S so The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to TV repair kits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, click on here please: http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry
no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICÂ’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made ICÂ’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases,

jess31
I replaced the IC chips and

I replaced the IC chips and it was not the problem. Techs told me it was a PC board....they installed the new board, same problem. Good it happened when the tech was in my home. Then he makes a call and another tech tells him to check the soldering..Bingo he resolders the connections and solves the problem. Apparently the system was not getting the right message from one of the red, blue, or green yokes....thinking there may be a high voltage problem the TV turned itself off. It cost me $200.00 labor and $60.00 home visit, on some soldering I could have done...just did not know.

Larry Dillon
i bet it was those pesky fold

i bet it was those pesky fold over connectors the with ones on the right and the left side of the convergence/power board those cause lots of problems.
Larry Dillon.

TKerns
I have a Mitsubishi VS-A50

I have a Mitsubishi VS-A50 that shuts down as soon as it is turned on. Any ideas?

Larry Dillon
Most likely it is the

Most likely it is the convergence IC'S The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to TV repair kits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, click on here please: http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry
no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICÂ’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made ICÂ’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases,

sidgrossman
Larry,

Larry,
I have a Mitsubishi WS-55511 it originally had the blinking green light, I replaced the capacitors as you told me now when I turn it on it turn itself back off within 5 seconds. Any suggections?

beavo040
Everyone seems to be having

Everyone seems to be having the problem with their sets turning off. I however am stuck with my set turning it's seld on. Can't find any forums for the 'ghost' power up. I am at a total loss and can't even explain how annoying this is. I don't even watch much tv, but the set keeps trying to force me too! Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Larry Dillon
ooooh spooky111 lol I would

ooooh spooky111 lol I would disconnect the switch board from its plug/connector, souds like a bad tact switch or a bad remote sensor.
Larry D.

Larry Dillon
you have a bad power tact

you have a bad power tact switch or perhaps a bad remote sensor assy.

Marc
my mitsubishi VS 5044

my mitsubishi VS 5044 projection tv turns itself off after a second or two when i power it on. i can hear something clicking but am wondering should i be looking in the power supply area? i have the service manual for this tv and have some electrical background. thanks for any input.

helloguy
my tv shuts off and its been

my tv shuts off and its been off for two days how do i fix it?

rynr
I have a mitisubishi 32 inch

I have a mitisubishi 32 inch model #cs40805 serial # 505405. I ca hear the click for when it turns on then in about 3-4 seconds it turns off anyone have any suggestions on if can be repaired. thanks for the help rynr

Pages

Connect With Techlore