tv troubleshooting

318 posts / 0 new
Last post
anthony Varcianna
tv troubleshooting

How can I fix my tv? When the power switch is touch it make a sound, but after it is powered up, there are no picture or sound.

CYBORG2TEC
IS IT A CLICK SOUND? TAKE THE

IS IT A CLICK SOUND? TAKE THE BACK COVER OFF AND SEE IF YOU HAVE ANY POWER LED LIGHTS ON. TRANSFORMER!

jeannieshelp
My Sylvania TV was

My Sylvania TV was manufactured in 2002 and bought in 2003. Model# RST2227S
I get no picture or sound when I turn it on. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!

sisterlysounds
i am having a problem with my

i am having a problem with my rca television. I have no sound. I have called a tech in the past, but they say they only reset it and wouldn't show me how. I tried unplugging it waiting a while and turning it back on, but nothing seems to work.

RonaldM
Toshiba cx2657j TV. When

Toshiba cx2657j TV. When power is connected, relay clicks on and off and power led blinks - indicating that it is in a shutdown mode (at least I think it is based on the information I have found on the web). The TV had symptons prior to it completely not working. When initially powered up, the TV sounded like it was sizzling then went out, Any troubleshooting tips? please! Thanks, RonaldM

dragon1710
I need HELPi have asony tv no

I need HELP
i have asony tv no remote no nothings just the tv, I CANT get it off chanell 97? can anyone help me PLEASE

System (not verified)
I have a 52"panasonic

I have a 52"panasonic widescreen HDTV..I turn it on and I get no picture or sound..can somebody help please?

Dolphin
I need help fixing my Sony 65

I need help fixing my Sony 65" projection widescreen tv. I turned on the tv and all of a sudden it looked like i need 3d glasses to watch my tv. I believe its a convergence problem. I opened it up and found the 6 points in front of it behind the speaker panel that control the focus and color, but that didn't fix my problem. If anyone can help me get my tv back in focus I would greatly appreicate it thank you in advance.

Shawn Howell
52" RCA Color TV -NO SOUND-

52" RCA Color TV -NO SOUND- But great picture! Any help would be appreciated!

miles
I have a zenith projection t

I have a zenith projection t.v. and when i turn it on i have sound but no picture the model # is ra50m84w1 its a 1998. need help!

Guest (not verified)
Probably you need

Probably you need profressional help with these sets. In the old days (tube sets) a handyman could fix a lot problems. Nowdays we have swith mode power supplies that are more complicated.

dwhite
I have a Toshiba Model# 57HA2

I have a Toshiba Model# 57HA2 wide screen t.v.and the sound is muffled. I reset the setting, but the sound is still muffled. Coul someone help me?

LauraAdams
I have a Zenith Model #

I have a Zenith Model # SG5749BG, I have a picture, but no sound, How can I fix this?

warpete
I have a two year old

I have a two year old Panasonic CT-32HC43 HDTV. One minute it was fine and the next time I turned it on it would not power up at all. My wall recepticle is fine--everything else works, just the TV is completely dead. The remote won't turn it on and the main power button will not either. What could have happened and what can I do? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

hack
Got a GE 46 inch rear

Got a GE 46 inch rear projection. Seeing triple lines and picture appears curved. I use to be able to turn tv off and back on and it would self correct, but not anymore....What part should I be looking to get. Menu says #6 adjust projection tv, but I have no #6..Is there a self adjusting componet I need...

hack
Got a GE 46 inch rear

Got a GE 46 inch rear projection. Seeing triple lines and picture appears curved. I use to be able to turn tv off and back on and it would self correct, but not anymore....What part should I be looking to get. Menu says #6 adjust projection tv, but I have no #6..Is there a self adjusting componet I need...

elizajane
I have an RCA Model F20351SF.

I have an RCA Model F20351SF. It was working perfectly the last time I turned it on, but I quit using it for about 3 years and when I decided to use it again and turned it on the only thing that happened was a small round combination of colors with a click, click, click, click and then it begins to fade out and turn off. Any ideas on what is wrong and how to fix it? Could it be the power supply? If so, I have been unable to find the part number. Would appreciate any ideas, suggestions, or help.

roni
My little daughter has put a

My little daughter has put a security code on my Matsui TVR 2095TT(A). when ever I turn it on, it asks for the security code which I never knew. I have tried unplugging it waiting a while and turning it back on, but nothing seems to work. I have checked all the fuses and they are all good. Does anyone know how this set can be fixed. Thanks for your time. Hope to here from someone soon.

wordswort
I have a Beko 28" television,

I have a Beko 28" television, model NR 28128NX. 5 years old but perfect reception. However, I have lost teletext/ceefax, thus no subtitles.

Is it possible to get a teletext card, or pcb, or whatever they are called, and find out to fit it?

Or is this a touch ambitious?

A repairman will charge a fortune, but I don't want to get a new television because they are all flat-screen now, and I hate those.

Any ideas?

goldenbetty
I have a Sony KV-36XBR200. I

I have a Sony KV-36XBR200. I got it from a friend who had to demolish his home following Katrina. He couldn't find the remote, but the TV stayed dry. I ordered a new remote. I've got everything working except that there is a a 2" squiggly black line across the top of the screen. Any suggestions?

mth57
I have a 52" Zenith which was

I have a 52" Zenith which was manufactured in April 1995. For a couple of months the picture has been blurry for about a minute when I first turn it on. Today when I returned to the room the tv was off. I took the back off and there is no lights of any kind. It has power to it?

jah711
hack said: Got a GE 46 inch

hack said: Got a GE 46 inch rear projection. Seeing triple lines and picture appears curved. I use to be able to turn tv off and back on and it would self correct, but not anymore....What part should I be looking to get. Menu says #6 adjust projection tv, but I have no #6..Is there a self adjusting componet I need...

Larry Dillon
sgrannell is it a projection

sgrannell is it a projection TV? About how old is it? Do you get a picture and/ or sound for any time at all? Did you do anything recently like move the set? Have you done or do you do anything to the set when this happens? We need a little more info Please when you ask a question.

jah711
Hack:  I had the same issue

Hack:  I had the same issue with my 46" Sony.  I ended up calling a TV repair man out to the house and he initially thought that is was the convergance modulator, put in a new convergance mod. kit and still had the same issue, after some more troubleshooting he found that a solder on the convergance board had came loose, he re-soldered it and it is fine now.

AnthonyP
can someone tell me where to

can someone tell me where to get a circuit board for a Mitsubishi model ws

55807. It is the signal processing board part # 630B86801. The is no picture but the tubes are hot, and there is sound.

thanks

kiwikisses
I just bought an Apex 20inch

I just bought an Apex 20inch AT2008. I have blue screen and nothing else does anybody know what could be wrong with it?

dnobles
sisterlysounds said:

sisterlysounds said:
i am having a problem with my rca television. I have no sound. I have called a tech in the past, but they say they only reset it and wouldn't show me how. I tried unplugging it waiting a while and turning it back on, but nothing seems to work.

laura d
I have a two year old
I have a two year old Panasonic CT-32HC43 HDTV. 
One minute it was fine and the next time I turned it
on it would not power up at all.
My wall recepticle is fine--everything else works, 
just the TV is completely dead. The remote won't
turn it on and the main power button will not either.
What could have happened and what can I do? 
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thayer
I have a GE model #(52GW947)

I have a GE model #(52GW947) when the tv is turned on a noise is made but there is no picture and sound, Please help

Larry Dillon
Thats an indication that the

Thats an indication that the power supply is trying to turn on the sweep but the sweep wont let the power supply keep running.  Its like if one signals good, the others missing theres a comparitor circuit that wont let the one supply run as it could cause damagre to it.  Your problem is most likly the Horizontal output circuit such as the flyback transformer and the horizontal output transistor, And Or the power regulator IC in the main power supply is bad.  Please if your not a tech, this is no place for a non tech to be experimenting with, and I mean no insult what so ever. Theres just to much HIGH VOLTAGE inside these sets to be playing around inside them unless you know about these safety issues involved.  Please seek out a trained tech to assist you with this repair.  Thanks and please when and if you get it fix , will you report back to us and let us know what you had done?? Thanks!!

mwdoody
I have a Zenith SM2771S that

I have a Zenith SM2771S that has an intermittant problem. Typically, once I turn it on, it will play normally for 20-30 seconds, then power back off. Doing this a few times in a row, it will eventually stay on indefinitely. However, sometimes it does not come on at all. I only see a few possible board replacements that may solve this issue. I am hoping someone recognizes this problem and can say, "oh of course, that must be the '???' board". Can anyone help me identify the faulty part...? PLEASE

Pages

Connect With Techlore