Segway Spotting - Moving beyond birds, trains, and license plates

105 posts / 0 new
Last post
Steven Jones (not verified)
This is the second guy to

This is the second guy to tell me that I can't ride the Seg into the park - but he doesn't quite seem to grasp the irony here.

Stopping in at the FedEx

Stopping in at the FedEx-Kinkos...

Yes, I would like 100 copies of this Segway. Can you have that done by lunchtime?

Though I was crusin' along at

Though I was crusin' along at 2.5 miles over the posted limit, the officer was kind enough to let me off with a warning after I let her take a spin.

This is probably as close as

This is probably as close as we'll get to an amphibious Segway.

How this for a spectacular

How this for a spectacular shot? Chicago's own version of the Champs D'Elysee, a breathtaking view made even more magnificent with the subtle addition of the Segway.

Dress rehearsal before the

Dress rehearsal before the big show. Sometimes I like to come out on the stage before the crowds show up, when everthing is still and quiet, no costumes or makeup, without the glare of the spotlight, and just take in the moment.

(yeah, this is not a great shot, you have to squint a little to see the Segway on the stage)

Jeff Block
No question... The Segway on

No question... The Segway on the couch wins my vote for best spotting!

Hats off!

Schmitty
Okay -- so I'm telling you

Okay -- so I'm telling you that the Segway needs to go have a cup of coffee and hit the CTA -- c'mon -- please tell me you take requests!

Dana

Watch out! We're multiplying!

Watch out! We're multiplying!!!

I scream, you scream, we all

I scream, you scream, we all scream for Segways. Freakin' sweet!

Give a man a fish, he'll eat

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. But let him take a spin on the Segway and he'll forget all about that silly parable...

No MAN! Rook to Queen 5!

No MAN! Rook to Queen 5! Seriously, you should go back to parchesi.

"I do not, for one, think

"I do not, for one, think that the problem was that the band was down. I think that the problem *may* have been, that there was a Stonehenge monument on the stage that was in danger of being *crushed* by a *Segway*. Alright? That tended to understate the hugeness of the object."

I am sending this to

I am sending this to Microsoft to replace the default background for the next version of Windows. Its soooo much nicer than that silly green hillside!

Now, I'm not saying the

Now, I'm not saying the Segway has any supernatural powers or anything but check out these BEFORE and AFTER pics

Tailgating at last week's

Tailgating at last week's Bears game. Normally a raucous affair, the Segway refused to whoop it up, preferring instead to keep true to the assigned post of Designated Driver.

Another collision of art and

Another collision of art and technology...

No, sillies, you're supposed

No, sillies, you're supposed to ride them. I guess noone reads instruction manuals these days. Sheesh!

Had to take a brief moment to

Had to take a brief moment to pause here at this vista point to survey my future.

One day, lad, all this will be yours.

What, the Segway?

Celebrating World Series

Celebrating World Series Champs!

Notice the official ticker-tape?

Apparently I was not the only one who had this idea. We quickly became friends of course but neither of us were Sox fans or actually that interested in baseball...

Look who is back for another

Look who is back for another round!?!

What is it about the Segway

What is it about the Segway that scares away all the kids from the playground?

I tried over and over to snap

I tried over and over to snap this shot but she kept jumping into the picture!

As soon as I announced that I

As soon as I announced that I was giving rides, a line formed and soon snaked around the entire block!

Probably the first Segway

Probably the first Segway-Marching Band photo ever taken, and likely the last.

Here we are in front of Mr.

Here we are in front of Mr. Farrakhan's house. Despite putting on my best bowtie, I was not granted an audience with the man and will have to find another avenue for pitching my million-Segway march!

More art-appreciation.

More art-appreciation.

It was only after months and

It was only after months and months of patience and diligence that I was finally accepted by the flock and allowed to glide freely among them as we gathered around the watering hole.

Jeff Block
I'm in AWE at the free time

I'm in AWE at the free time demonstrated by this thread. What's your secret?

Been absent for awhile but

Been absent for awhile but still keeping an eye out for Segways. Here are some that Yahoo outfitted as chariots at the recent Consumer Electronics Show in Vegas.

Pages

Connect With Techlore