SONY MINI DISCS CONVERSION TO MP3 FILES

1 post / 0 new
JGAILLARD
SONY MINI DISCS CONVERSION TO MP3 FILES

I have over 1,000 Sony Mini Discs loaded with music. If anyone knows of software/hardware that will convert this data to MP3 files effiecently, please respond. The only way I can do this now is:1. Connect the mini disc player to my sound card inside the PC and record the entire disc in "real time" to the PC. This takes about 85 minutes per disc.2. Import this large file (+/- 70 megs) into Audacity software. This converts the data to one contunuous MP3 file.3. Edit out the individual songs, name them, insert metada, and save as indivudual MP3 files. This process is ripe with error possibilities and takes me roughly 2 plus hours for 20 songs. Some discs have as many as 26 songs on them.Why Sony has not offered some type of process to help it's old customers is beyond my thinking. If they have please let me know.Tascam has a minidisc player that will create a CD from the min disc. I don't know exactly what will end up on the CD or how long it will take. This hardware costs over $700.00. Once the CD is made, I would right back in the same spot almost. It will take a long time and money to produce these CDs and they will still need to be burned to the hard drive.If anyone can offer any solutions or software, please let me know. I'm down to one functioning mini disc player out of 6 I own.Thanks,JGAILLARD

Connect With Techlore