Sony KP-57WS500 Not turning on...

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
admiralct
Sony KP-57WS500 Not turning on...

Went to use my 57 inch TV the other day and and when I went to power it on, nothing happened.  All I could see what the Stereo LED lit.  Unplugged from wall and back in again and nothing but the Stereo LED was lit.  I read on the ...Adjustments.pdf document that I download from the site and I read that it could possibly be the following:  Fuse is burned out (F6001). (G Board)

Any ideas if this is the case and how difficult/easy it would be for a novice to replace such a part?  I am a PC/Server guy so I don't know too much about the inner workings of TV but have mucked about the innerds of a PC.

Any pointers (good or bad) are appreciated.  Wink

Thanks,

Chris

admiralct
Well.. I found the fuse and

Well.. I found the fuse and that is the easy part.  Just wondering if I diagnosed the problem correctly before I start searching and spending more on the part.

sonylistens
Hello admiralct,

Hello admiralct,

Josh James with SonySupport USA. I apologize that you are having difficulties with your TV. Have you used our troubleshooting website at http://esupport.sony.com/ If you can?t resolve your problem, you can email us at [email protected] Please include your model#, a brief description of the product, and any contact info. If you email, please provide your Event ID # that I have updated for you. It is (E55330740).

Connect With Techlore