LG Convergence problems..

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tim.
LG Convergence problems..

Hi everyone, I'm new here so I hope I'm in the right place.

Sorry if this long-winded, but I'll try to give you as much info as I can. I have an LG Flatron rear-projection TV which started having convergence problems. I did a bit of googling, read up on how to fix things (on this site and others), and bought these:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300553701302&ssPag...

I removed the circuit board and had the STK's installed by a local electronics guy (not a TV tech). Replaced the board, problem not fixed. I tried to do an 'Auto Convergence', hoping this would maybe get it going, but the Auto convergance icon is no longer hi-lighted so the cursor just moves past it without stopping on it. I can't work out if there's a way to do a manual convergence.

I have a second, smaller LG Flatron Rear projection TV that works perfectly. I removed both convergence boards and put them side by side and they're identicle... So I put the 'good' board in the 'bad' TV,.. no go. So I put the 'good' board back into the smaller TV and it works fine..But. The same thing has now happened to this TV now.. No 'Auto Convergence'. You can see the words "Auto Convergence" but because they're not hi-lighted, the cursor goes straight past.

I realise just doing the STK's may not have fixed the original problem, but because I now can't 'Auto converge', I won't know till I fix this new problem.

Any tips?     Thanks in advance...   :)

Hope you guys can help me, and thanks for listening....

......Tim.

Tim.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Does anyone have any ideas?
I'm at a loss...

Connect With Techlore