Very Hot Heatink

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Philadelphia
Very Hot Heatink

Hello,

Last week my Sony KP57ws510 suddenly looked 3-D. So i decided to replace the convergence ic's. I got a kit from TvRepairKits.com. Yesterday i installed the new ic's and the tv was back to normal convergence. I did not replace any of the picos or resistors because i read on other forums that i should try the chips first and if the tv was ok there was no need to replace them. I did visually inspect the picos and resistors for heat damage (burning) and discoloration. They all look good.

Here is my concern...

After 15 minutes the right ic heatsink gets extremely hot while the left heat sink is moderately hot. I also noted that other heatsinks on the right hand side of the board also get extremely hot. (i did use a thermal compound during installation) Is this something i should be concerned about? I let tv run for over an hour and it does not shut down.

Is what i am experiencing normal? If not, any suggestions to correct a possible problem will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Here in Philadelphia

evil
Heat is an enemy of

Heat is an enemy of electronics which is why these chips only last a few years. I have installed cooling fans on them with an external power source.

Connect With Techlore