panasonic pt-52lcx66 ballast problem?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
trinidad23
panasonic pt-52lcx66 ballast problem?

about a two month ago the screen warning came up that i need it to change the bulb,so a few days after that a loud pop and the bulb broke in pcs. ,so i purchase a new one from discount-merchant and after the first day it started to either not turn on  on and sometimes it was taking a long time to come turn  on , so if i unplug it for a while it would work for a day or two and start again. but a buzzing noise will come on and repid three times and then it will shut off completly and the bulb red light will blink ,so i send it back and received a new one and when i trun the tv on it did not ask me to reset the timer, it just started to work ok. and 10 days after that the same buzzing noise three times and the red blinking lamp light again. i was told maybe the ballast its the problem ,but how did it work for ten days after replacing and goes back to not working. where can i find the ballast and  instructions how to install it. or do you guys think its another defective bulb. thanks 

evil
The buzzing noise is probably

The buzzing noise is probably the ballast shorting to something, but working none the less. You may have a piece of glass keeping the bulb from seating all the way remove it and ensure you have all of the glass from the old one removed then reinstall the new bulb with a little more force than you have been.

Connect With Techlore