Looking for a manual for my Sony KP-61HS30

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
maloryknoxx
Looking for a manual for my Sony KP-61HS30

Hi all, I'm new here and have found this site amazingly helpful!! I have a convergence issue with my tv and decided to tackle the repair myself. At least, the disassembly and reassembly, the soldering I'm leaving to my brother. (he builds computer motherboards) Anyway, I can't seem to track down the service manual. I don't want to mess things up by not having the proper schematics. Well, mess things up any worse, hahaha. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it. My email is [email protected]. Thanks in advance!!!!!

evil
If you buy the convergence

If you buy the convergence kit it should come with pictured instructions and shcematics that pertain to your problem as well as what to check. If you didn't get that with your chips you didn't get your money's worth. I can post a link for you to the kit that you need if you want. Other than that you may be able to find the service manual in the service manual section under the resources tab.

maloryknoxx
That link would definately be

That link would definately be a help, thank you.I already looked in through all the manuals posted and of course and didn't see mine so knowing exactly what to order will be excellent. The kit will have the pico fuses and where they go? I've been all over the net and can't find the schematics anywhere. Although I must say, all the research I have been doing about this tv has proven to be interesting and educational. I am anxious to see the outcome of all this legwork. Thanks a bunch for answering my post!! :)

evil
Click HERE for the kit it has

Click HERE for the kit it has all the information on what you get. You may need to look in the manual section under what chassis your tv has sometimes that's what the manual is posted under. But if you get the kit you won't have to worry about anything except changing the parts out and it has instructions on how to do all that, it even comes with thermal paste.

maloryknoxx
I just replaced the

I just replaced the convergence chips, finally, my brother did the soldering and checked the picos. I turned the tv back on and I still have the same issues- distorted, pulled picture and colors are all off. I tried to adjust the convergence manually (with instructions) but it didn't seem to help. Any suggestions as to what we missed?????? I'm soooooooooo disappointed right now. :(

maloryknoxx
I have another piece of

I have another piece of information in regard to my problem. After performing the manual adjust a screen came on with a message saying "Error G LO Level SO". Does this mean anything? I read somewhere else that it may point to a Flash Focus problem and I would need to consult a service manual, which I don't have. Anyone ever heard of this?? I am on a mission now to fix this.

evil
Sounds like you didn't check

Sounds like you didn't check or replace a bad pico fuse or resistor, if the screen was off that bad and replacing the chips didn't effect the picture any what so ever. If your lucky you didn't ruin the ic's and can still just replace what you missed.

evil
Also messing around in the

Also messing around in the service menu is a bad idea for inexperienced people, if that's where you were instead of the user menu. How good are your brothers soldering skills? You may want to check for bridged pins on the ic or missing connections or connections that aren't properly seated.

maloryknoxx
We rechecked the fuses/

We rechecked the fuses/ resistors, we had to replace 2 of them but no effect on the picture. As for the soldering, my brother does it for a living, he builds mother borads and stuff for industrial application so I trust his skills. I followed instructions for adjustments, they were on the website with the parts. I'm still trying to find a manual to check what the error message is. I have a feeling it's a diagnostic code. I am not giving up on this, the tv won't beat me, lol.
Thanks for your reply. :)

evil
You should worry more about

You should worry more about what you missed than this error, it means the green is off bad, typical for a convergence failure. Have you checked fuses PS5001 and PS5002 on the power supply section?

Connect With Techlore