Samsung DLP model HL56A650C1F power cycling on/off endlessly

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
JayMillz28
JayMillz28's picture
Samsung DLP model HL56A650C1F power cycling on/off endlessly

I was watching TV last week and my 56" samsung DLP just shut off and then started cycling power on and off continuously until I unplugged it.  Tried plugging it back in and same thing, on,off,on,off, etc.  I checked the lamp door switch and it seems fine, I held it down and then up with my finger and it still does the same thing both ways.  The power button feels the same way it always has so I don't think it is sticking, and I tried replacing the bulb and no luck.  PLEASE HELP!  It's been a week and all I have is my laptop for entertainment.

evil
evil's picture
I don't think it should be

I don't think it should be coming on with out the lamp door in place. I woul suggest replacing batteries in the remote, sometimes weak batteries can make a remote act sporadic or covering the sensor on the front of the tv with tape but I think you have a deeper problem than stray signals.

SonnyESQ
SonnyESQ's picture
Hi Jay - Having the same

Hi Jay - Having the same problem...did you get a solution? Any info you can share would be appreciated! Thanks!

JayMillz28
JayMillz28's picture
My solution was to buy a 55"

My solution was to buy a 55" Samsung LED flat screen. I took it to a certified repair shop and they said it needed a new power supply, ballast and lamp which with labor totaled up to more than the TV was worth. Wasn't worth it to me so I just decided to upgrade to a unit that could be mounted to the wall.

SonnyESQ
SonnyESQ's picture
My thought exactly! Now to

My thought exactly! Now to convince the wife...
Thanks for the quick reply!

Connect With Techlore