12v source to install fan in Hitachi 53UWX10BA

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Yas147
12v source to install fan in Hitachi 53UWX10BA

Hello guys, I got my convergence problem fixed in my tv, but I realized how hot these chips run and I wanted to install a 12v fan. I know this has been done before and I wanted to see where people are getting their 12 volt source. Thanks.

evil
Most people use external

Most people use external power from another source like a drill gun battery charger because they end up with feed back issues when they splice into the power from the tv.

evil
If it were me there is one I

If it were me there is one I would try it comes off of a transformer and a 9v regulator so it would have constant 9.3v power and would most likely be able to accet the extra load put on it by the fan motor. If I'm not mistaken it is a cold ground since its secondary windings on the transformer. It's pin 5 of the connection PQD2 you could try it at your own risk. I would put a meter on it to make sure it's not stand by power supply if it reads nothing with the tv off then turn it on and see if the voltage comes up to what it's supposed to be and make shure the meter isn't causing interference with the screen or anything if it is the fan motor most Shurely won't work.

Yas147
Thanks for the help. I will

Thanks for the help. I will do what you suggested on the first post. The previous guy who had the tv tried to fix the IC chips and he butchered every single track and I had to run wires on most of the pins on both chips. So I don't want to mess with this tv anymore and play it safe!!!lol Once again thanks.

evil
No problem, I've been there

No problem, I've been there before I just got finished with one that was like that, it makes you want to strangle ignorant people doesn't it!?!

Yas147
Well, what I don't understand

Well, what I don't understand is how much does it take for people to realize that they should stop what they are doing and leave it for someone else. Here is the job I had to do, it does not look pretty at all!!!Laughing

evil
OMG that's way worse than the

OMG that's way worse than the one I done, Atleast I had half the tracks left to work with, how did they expect that to work right after doing that to it!?!

Yas147
They actually only had about

They actually only had about four pins soldered. I am not sure if they thought that the board itself was the circuit and that just by touching it, the circuit was completed!!!lol.

Connect With Techlore