SONY KP-65WV600 Standby light blinking four times

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Kirk Gibson
SONY KP-65WV600 Standby light blinking four times

Hello,

I am trying to fix a Sony KP-65WV600 that was donated to our church.

It worked fine when delivered (we only had it on for about 20 minutes) then a few days ago when it was turned on it worked OK then the picture went out and the standby light now blinks 4 times, pauses, 4 times etc.

I see from this site that 4 blinks means to check IC1509 and Q1505.

After downloading the service manual (thanks Techlore) I can find Q1505 on the U board schematic but I cannot locate IC1509 ...I thought it would be on the same board.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

evil
You can't take what you find

You can't take what you find for a different model, much less a different chassis and apply it to the model you have. If your tv went into protection mode it means you have a problem with the vertical deflection or power supply problem. Did you get the error code from larry dillons post?

Kirk Gibson
Just curious, what lead you

Just curious, what lead you to believe I got that info from another model or chassis? I read from his post about how IC1509 is on the D board (power supply) connected to a heat sink and looks like a transistor but I don't see it on the schematic in the service manual. Was wondering if anybody knew where it is on the schematic?
Thanks for any help.

evil
On his post what model were

On his post what model were they talking about? What lead me to believe it was a different model they were talking about was the fact that your ic-1509 has to do with audio on your tv.

evil
Their is one chassis that is

Their is one chassis that is similar da-4 but your chassis is da-4x. I'm using the schematics from the da-4 chassis.

Kirk Gibson
He didn't mention which model

He didn't mention which model ...just that 4 blinks to check Q1505 & IC1509
then at the bottom he mentioned IC1509 was on the power supply board, but I cant find IC 1509 anywhere in the service manual schematics ... nowhere to be found it seems.

evil
Well it's obviously not your

Well it's obviously not your standby power supply, otherwise it wouldnt attempt to turn on, it may lie in the switched mode power supply. But it requires knowledge of the circuits as well as a lot of equipment to test what is needed to be tested to go any further. Once the ON sequence happens the main power-279 vdc is filtered then reduced down to 2.7 volts by a series of resistors the voltage is then supplied to pin one of IC-6701 To turn it on as well pin 1 is used for ovp-over voltage protection. And it just gets complicated from there you have to know the difference between hot and cold ground are you testing on the primary or secondary windings of the transformer not to mention that even static can render ic's non functionl unless you know how to ground your self to the chassis with the right equipment and even if all that goes well you need even more equipment to test the mos-fet in later steps it's my advice that you will need to call in a professional to get it fixed.

evil
Also the schematics for this

Also the schematics for this set that we have on file are a little lack luster. That's why I was using schematics from the DA-4 chassis.

Kirk Gibson
Well I thought I would see if

Well I thought I would see if it was anything I could at least try myself (simple component replacement etc.) before I would ever call in someone to fix this. I have had plenty of experience soldering IC's & transistors etc. while troubleshooting several jukeboxes and pinball machines in the past and I did do some work back in the day on older MUCH simpler sets.
I feel we would spend way more on this than what it is worth ...before we do that we will just invest in a large flatscreen.
Thanks for the advice it is really appreciated.

evil
No problem I'll keep looking

No problem I'll keep looking for a simple solution sometimes you luck out sometimes you don't but from everything I can find its not going to be a simple fix. One thing you can do is offer the tv for free on a local swap and shop or in the news paper or local radio station saying if they remove it they can have it, gives others with a little more experience the opertunity to attemp to repair it and also saves you from having to remove it yourself.

Charles2576
Ok and at the end of the day

Ok and at the end of the day ....what's the solution of the problem...standby light blinks 4 times, pauses and it turns off.....????

evil
Bad crt's to test remove the

Bad crt's to test remove the drive boards from the CRT, usually red and green, and try to turn on. Danger drive boards hold massive amounts of electricity.

Connect With Techlore