Mitsubishi 65" Rear Projection HDTV Model# WS-65513

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
charliek1
Mitsubishi 65" Rear Projection HDTV Model# WS-65513

I have a wavy picture issue. When the set is first turned on the pic is ok but shortly thereafter the wavy issue starts. It will flash between wavy and steady. the wavy action gets wider then it will get smaller waves. Sometimes the pic is ok for up to 1/2 hour then the wavy issue starts again. This is a constant problem now. please cam some one help

Big Fe
I suspect the 9V regulator IC

I suspect the 9V regulator IC on the signal board is causing your line problem. Here is a reference from hometheaterspot.com:

9V Regulator Replacement For The xxx13

Author: Jonathan Rodda 05/20/08

Acknowledgements
Another great debt of gratitude is owed to Servicetech, who first mentioned that replacing the 9V regulator on the signal board is one of the three most common problems with the xxx13 series. See his post here.

Background
A failing 9V regulator on the signal board can cause a host of video problems from lines in the picture to no video at all. Sometimes the problem is seen when the set is switched on and will disappear once the TV has warmed up. In some cases there is no video but the On Screen Display (OSD) graphics still work.

Affected Models
The xxx13 series has experienced problems with a small, surface mounted 9V regulator thatÂ’s on the signal board. The affected part is IC9C25 part number: 270P677030 IC - BAO9FP.

(The service manual is probably available on our site.)

charliek1
is there a diagram that shows

is there a diagram that shows which card is the signal board?

Big Fe
It's the board behind the A/V

It's the board behind the A/V terminal board, on the left side of the chassis. However, unless you are experienced at disassembly and soldering, this might not be a DIY type repair. The IC is rather difficult to locate on the board as well.

charliek1
Is this looking from the rear

Is this looking from the rear or the front? I used to teach technical classes on critical area soldering and I have already replaced the 4 caps for the blinking power light. I think I can handle the repair once I find the board and the location of the IC.

Big Fe
Looking from the rear,

Looking from the rear, obviously. You need to remove the terminal board to access it for soldering/desoldering.

charliek1
The wavey issue has stopped

The wavey issue has stopped and all day today the pic has been good. Is it still an indication of a bad 9v regulator? I have downloaded the manual so I should be able to locate the regulator.

Connect With Techlore