Samsung DLP tv........Turns itself on and off. HELP!!!!!!!

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
CHELLE338
Samsung DLP tv........Turns itself on and off. HELP!!!!!!!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?I have had my samsung DLP (model SP50L6HD) for 4 years. This morning my children were watching TV and the tv started turning itself on and off. I switched it off,unplugged and left it for an hr to reset it. When I turned it back it it fires up for about 1 minute with picture and sound then screen goes blank and turns itself off and on trying to fire the picture. The picture goes off before the sound?? The lamp light flashes but no other lights on the front. There is a buzzing sound too, but the TV has always had this from day 1. Wondering what it could be and whether its worth trying to fix the problem or just buy a new TV??

evil
Ive heard of a few models

Ive heard of a few models that do that because the switch for the lamp door swells from heat and looses contact.Try removing the lamp door and taping the switch down or up what position it should be in to turn on.

curtlo1855
Chelle338, I was wondering if

Chelle338, I was wondering if You ever found a fix for this? Could you share what you came up with? I'm having the same problem right now on my Samsung DLP and can't seem to find an answer anywehere on the net. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

JayMillz28
I am also having the power

I am also having the power cycling problem, however, holding the switch down did not help. Please tell me it was something else. Thanks.

SonnyESQ
Hi Chelle - Having same issue

Hi Chelle - Having same issue...can you post or PM me with the solution that worked for you? Thanks.

WesHardin
I am having the same problem.

I am having the same problem. have the blue switch taped down. Every time I plug in my TV it automatically turns on and then repeats the cycle of turning itself on and off. It plays the picture and sound for about 3secs in between the repetitive cycle of shutting on and off. no weird sounds or buzzing....Thanks

evil
Your problem may be the tact

Your problem may be the tact switch in the front control panel to turn the set on and off. I can not recall exactly which models had this problem, if it is not giving you an error that may be the cause of your problem.

Connect With Techlore