Sony KP51WS510 repair ?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Unworthy
Sony KP51WS510 repair ?

HI- thanks to the good info here I successfuly repaired a Sony KP51WS510 with the 7-blink no start  by soldering in the 2 tiny parts it needed.  I now have a KP51WS510 I got from a friend with a terrible convergence problem. I need to know where to start with my adjustments or repair as I have the service manual and remotes for it and really need someone with experience to help diagnose and suggest the sequence of steps to get it repaired.  The background- tv comes on with the colors separated as you can see in picture link below, tv was moved by truck about 12 miles to my house so I may need to manually adjust the lenses first as the flash focus does nothing . Can anyone tell by the picture where I should start ?

Thanks in advance for your generosity with your knowledge and time ! !

[IMG]http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad54/unworthygrunt/SonyPics002.jpg[/ IMG]

Unworthy
Sorry- the link didn't work

Sorry- the link didn't work of course- try this :

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad54/unworthygrunt/SonyPics002.jpg

Kinda splattered colors, eh ?  Should I start by adjusting the blue and red on top of the green or center the green first ? And the overall picture is really concaved also ?  Sighs ... I don't want to give up on such a nice large TV but it seems rather daunting . 

evil
You will need a convergence

You will need a convergence repair kit, THIS is the exact kit you will need it comes with everything but a soldering iron.It comes with detailed instructions,resistors,help,pico fuses. also one of THESE will help you tremendously

Unworthy
Thanks for the answers and

Thanks for the answers and suggestions . I also looked through the forums here- thanks Larry and zapdbf for the information in your posts as they explained in detail what is most likely wrong and the repair and adjustment steps to go through.

evil
Larry is no longer with us

Connect With Techlore