Mitsubishi vs-60609 power won't stay on

1 post / 0 new
evil
Mitsubishi vs-60609 power won't stay on

Power would come on and there would be seperated lines on the screen in an arc towards the top of the screen.started by reading the self diagnostics which returned an error 23-horizontal deflection failure tried removing the convergence ic's and turned on the tv and the seperated lines were straight on the screen...so i removed the HOT and tested it and thought it was bad so i ordered a replacement and when it got here it had around the same readings as the old one turns it has a built in damper diode...didnt see that in the spec sheet untill after i got the new one...installed it still error 23 so i reflowed the solder to the LOPT{flyback transformer} and most of the horizontal drive circuit and the vertical ic then adjusted the focus block down and up untill i found the center and tried agin to my amazement it worked but didnt have any convergence so i reinstalled the convergence ic and all is fine.The fix?still unshure but i think it may have had a bad spot in the potentiometer on the focus block.

Connect With Techlore